IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adrien Broner ARRESTED?, Following floyds blueprint all the way.
Dolimite
post Mar 19 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 12:12 PM) *
Says the person who dropped in the thread and left a response, but hey, what do I know?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

Why is Broner getting into trouble news worthy? We do not know the details and the bottom of the thread said something about him following the Mayweather Blue print. If that is what Broner is doing than he is stupid. My only point is, he is a boxer, boxers are known for getting in trouble, where was the thread when Chris Chrissora got into trouble. I just don't understand why people go crazy when celebrities or sports figures get into trouble. I honestly do not understand.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 19 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Also the same person who made a thread about ticket sales for a fight that was gonna sell out anyway..

If mayweather got arrested I'm sure this wouldn't be a stupid thread at all

If Mayweather got arrested I still would not understand the big deal. He ain't no saint and again a boxer gets arrested is like saying Lindsy Lohan got a drink. It happens more often than not. The reason why I was interested in ticket sales is because Alvarez dropped from the card and I wanted to know would that have an impact. Plain and simple.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 19 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Broner in the club popping bottles and slapping bitches. Keep this kid in the gym and out the club or he will be on his back int the ring

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 19 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 19 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Why is Broner getting into trouble news worthy? We do not know the details and the bottom of the thread said something about him following the Mayweather Blue print. If that is what Broner is doing than he is stupid. My only point is, he is a boxer, boxers are known for getting in trouble, where was the thread when Chris Chrissora got into trouble. I just don't understand why people go crazy when celebrities or sports figures get into trouble. I honestly do not understand.

If Mayweather got arrested I still would not understand the big deal. He ain't no saint and again a boxer gets arrested is like saying Lindsy Lohan got a drink. It happens more often than not. The reason why I was interested in ticket sales is because Alvarez dropped from the card and I wanted to know would that have an impact. Plain and simple.

Haha. Nobody is going crazy, are you okay? It's obviously news worthy because he is gaining steam as a headliner and as a clown outside the ring. Sorry if this thread isn't up to your standard even though you made a thread you could have easily just asked on the guerrero mayweather thread (ticket sales?) Even tho the fight is gonna sell out no matter what. Ppv sales would be affected more by alvarez. But its all good

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 19 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 19 2013, 05:36 PM) *
Haha. Nobody is going crazy, are you okay? It's obviously news worthy because he is gaining steam as a headliner and as a clown outside the ring. Sorry if this thread isn't up to your standard even though you made a thread you could have easily just asked on the guerrero mayweather thread (ticket sales?) Even tho the fight is gonna sell out no matter what. Ppv sales would be affected more by alvarez. But its all good

I'm not mad bro. I have issues in general when people make a big deal out celebrities or pro athletes that do the same shit that regular people do. How many drunk assholes get arrested on the weekend for the exact same thing? I would have a problem if this was anyone else within boxing or entertainment. They are people and they do dumb shit. This is my pet pev is all. Again, people made it seem that Alvarez not being on the undercard (Including Orphan Annie) would lead to sluggish ticket sales, that was the reason for the thread. That's it. Nothing more than that. It wasn't riding May's nuts. His PPV numbers should still be solid but we shall see.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 19 2013, 08:47 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 19 2013, 05:29 PM) *
If mayweather got arrested I'm sure this wouldn't be a stupid thread at all

Right

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 19 2013, 07:46 PM) *

It's news worthy because some of you are already running around here saying that he's "the next big thing" after Floyd, and he's gonna sell 50M+ PPVs and be a hit. NOW, that he's gotten arrested and compared to Mayweather in that light, it's suddenly "not news". Yall confuse me sometimes. LOL

Broner was just out in public being an idiot....see, there are all of the details that you need to know right there. If Mayweather got arrested, it WOULD be a big deal around here. I saw how guys clamored over Floyd spitting some aimless (but partly true) nonsense about Ward, and guys were all over it.

Now that Broner is reflecting Floyd in a negative way, this isn't news. Again, some of you guys are the ones blurting out the stroooong possibility of Broner being the next PPV star and so on. You cant support Broner's clone-like behaviors when it's convenient for you, it must be embraced at all times. LOL

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 19 2013, 11:56 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 08:07 PM) *
Right

It's news worthy because some of you are already running around here saying that he's "the next big thing" after Floyd, and he's gonna sell 50M+ PPVs and be a hit. NOW, that he's gotten arrested and compared to Mayweather in that light, it's suddenly "not news". Yall confuse me sometimes. LOL

Broner was just out in public being an idiot....see, there are all of the details that you need to know right there. If Mayweather got arrested, it WOULD be a big deal around here. I saw how guys clamored over Floyd spitting some aimless (but partly true) nonsense about Ward, and guys were all over it.

Now that Broner is reflecting Floyd in a negative way, this isn't news. Again, some of you guys are the ones blurting out the stroooong possibility of Broner being the next PPV star and so on. You cant support Broner's clone-like behaviors when it's convenient for you, it must be embraced at all times. LOL

As I mentioned on another thread, Broner will get beat. I do not think he has the discipline of a Floyd or a Hopkins to really stay up on the game. Broner is already calling himself or was calling himself Mr. HBO way too early. Broner gets hit a lot and too be honest someone will be just as fast as he is and hits just as hard. Broner is a good fighter but he has a ways to go before being considered great. people want to already put him on the P4P list, I think that is stupid. He and Orphan Annie are in the same boat when it comes to greatness, they think they are so there fore people consider them great, that shit has to be earned.

I commented on the Ward thread because it came from left field and it was a fun thread. Shoot me... Again I have a personal disliking when people make a big deal of celebrities and pro athletes getting arrested. I don't get it. And I have actually even said I am getting tired of Broner's antics, I like Broner as a fighter but outside the ring along with his ring entrance I can do without. He is the popular guy because he is best friends with the prom king.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 20 2013, 01:45 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Mayweather Jr Jr, coonin' like his daddy! I heard he bit somebody...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 20 2013, 08:03 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 10:07 PM) *
Right

Exactly, I'm starting to feel like there's a double standard around here. Floyd passes gas and there's three new threads but when an up and coming youngster gets arrested its not news worthy. Smh

+Quote Post
IamKendyll
post Mar 20 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #19

Amateur

Member No.: 13,865

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 04:12 PM) *
Says the person who dropped in the thread and left a response, but hey, what do I know?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

Ive known Adrien for 20+. He's a good kid from a rough side in Cincinnati. Things happen and people make mistakes. The only reason we dont have threads about our negative experiences is because we are not on the national stage. I wish Adrien would stay in the house, train, fight and be humble but the fact of the matter is that this boy has been this cocky, this arrogant and this silly since he was fighting amatuer at a young age. So yes, Adrien has to grown up alil bit but dont we all?

The little Floyd remarks are funny, but im glad Adrien chose the best boxer out there to look up to. And the reality is he's not another floyd hes the first Adrien...Ask yourself, would you be this opinionated about Adrien if you had the opportunity to say this to his face??

Have a good day folks. Look forward to discussing boxing with you guys.

(Yes, im tired of seeing my boy clowned. So I spoke up.)

+Quote Post
IamKendyll
post Mar 20 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #20

Amateur

Member No.: 13,865

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 20 2013, 09:03 AM) *
Exactly, I'm starting to feel like there's a double standard around here. Floyd passes gas and there's three new threads but when an up and coming youngster gets arrested its not news worthy. Smh

The thread is def not in question to me. Its news, but the fact that you people are SO sure that Adrien is to blame is wrong. Because you dont know anything but what the media has introduced to us. But i understand the opinions...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 10:27 AM