Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> European Boxing Scene
mitukczuk
post Mar 24 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

It seems that the latest Broner topic kinda stopped the flow of new threads coming (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Let's change it....

Do you guys follow the European Boxing Scene ? Do you think there is enough pressure and promoter power to get the guys from Europe to the US to get their names out there? If not, why not?

If take for instance the new European WBO MW champ Lukas Konecny (who himself fought for the LMW world title twice) and take a look at his resume it makes me wonder. If this guy was a world champ, resume-wise he would be NOTHING, the only guy with KIND OF A NAME whom he fought was Dzinziruk. PLUS he has never fought a guy from the US.

When he fought for the WBO title I didnt see any threads, topics or articles about either of the guys fighting..and it was a WORLD TITLE fight. (He fought Zaurbek Baysangurov)

Although I hate Konecny (hes dumb...and I mean proper dumb!! And I am not impressed by his boxing too) who is coming out of my home town, I don't get why he is NEVER mentioned in world title fight talks. His resume sucks (Although it stands at 48/4/23KO), but in Europe one can say he is "someone". Where do you think is the problem? Not only in his case but in case of other EU fighters who have won european championships but never got the chance to take it to the next level. Lack of motivation? Not enough money? No fans? So many questions!!

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Mar 24 2013, 02:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
checkleft
post Mar 25 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 25 2013, 01:04 PM) *
He did against Khan didn't he? He went and fought Pac instead.

Isn't there video footage of Bradley calling out Khan to his face? Even before he signed with top rank. Khan isnt known for dodging and ducking but he completely strayed away from the Alexander Bradley hype train at 140 and I don't think it was on accident.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 09:08 AM