> Money issues.
mrchitown
post Apr 1 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 1 2013, 12:17 PM) *
Right. I'm telling you bro, these dudes hardly have any other stream of revenue outside of boxing, especially after some of the bad investments I've seen boxers make over in the past.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but these dudes probably have that "If I can survive for 30 mins (10-rounder) or 36 mins (12-rounder), I can make (insert dollar amount)"

If you can make that much money in that short bit of time, then why not keep fighting? It's hard to watch, but these dudes have bills like us. Problem is, they create bills that are outside of their post-career budget. Everything that Tyson does nowadays, goes straight to the IRS, and those were his words. Who wants a 20-acre mansion on their hands after boxing is over?

Gotta keep that yard cut and trim. Gotta maintain that outdoor pool. All of this happens before we even step in the home. Utilities are probably a bitch when you live in a mansion. On a good month, my utilities are around $250...on a bad month, I'm looking at about $400. Imagine having a 10-bedroom house/mansion, with high ass ceilings.

Dont forget about that big ass aquarium at the front of the house that keeps running. Dont forget about the kids playing the PS3 all night...ESPECIALLY in the summer time. Oooweee...I know those dudes cough up over a grand a month in utilities. Let's not forget about property and luxury taxes.

Living life above your means is a fat bitch! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Watching Tyson on that real sports segment really effed me up. It just really goes to show that no matter how much money you make it can be gone in an instant. And the IRS don't play...they done got Joe Louis, Tyson, and Snipes lol....Mike been thru so much stuff it's amazing how he deals with it now and how far he's came from that dark place he was at

What really gets me is that he's an example for these athletes to take better care of their money and they just say "well that was him, it won't happen to me". It's like they got tunnel vision or something, it's always 1 fight left in them to prove their greatness, or 1 more payday and I'll stop but they never do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 11:28 AM