IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Julio Cesaer Chavez Jr. Will stay with Roach, Good or a Bad Move?
Dolimite
post Mar 30 2013, 07:37 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

JCC Jr. will stay with Freddie Roach. I do not not think this is a good move because Freddie has no control of his fighter. Freddie's sickness is really starting to get in the way of his training, he isn't the same trainer and it is hard for him to communicate with his fighters. He has yet to win a big fight in over a year which tells me that he is on the decline as well as most of his fighters (except Ruslan). He only teaches one way to fight and his fighters seem to be getting their asses handed to them every time. I think Chavez Jr. Should had gone to Robert Garcia or Nacho, but I guess he wanted to stay lazy and get high.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gambit808
post Mar 30 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I agree with both. I'm wondering since Chavez Jr. never really had to deal with the cliche "rags to richest" back story, if that plays into the whole discipline he lacks. I was hoping he got with Nacho to enhance his ring intelligence, but I guess he feels more comfortable with roach. Freddie Roach the 5 time trainer of the year, should get a 6 if he's able to turn this guy around in a big way.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Mar 30 2013, 11:18 AM

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 30 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 30 2013, 12:14 PM) *
I agree with both. I'm wondering since Chavez Jr. never really had to deal with the cliche "rags to richest" back story, if that plays into the whole discipline he lacks. I was hoping he got with Nacho to enhance his ring intelligence, but I guess he feels more comfortable with roach. Freddie Roach the 5 time trainer of the year, should get a 6 if he's able to turn this guy around in a big way.

For some reason which I can't really explain...I feel like working with Nacho is a job only for the strong willed yet humble guys. I just get that feeling that Beristain is an asshole in a way, which makes him terrible to work with but it pays off if you stick around - which is something Jr would not be able to do. Nacho resembles Eastwood's character in Million Dollar Baby.....and Jr trully resembles a woman....but with not the same work ethic that Maggie showed in that movie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Definitely the "rags to richest" comes into play here. Jr has a problem with authority. I still can't believe he stood Roach up!! That's just unheard of...
What surprises me the most is that Roach did not refuse to train him, which would be the sane thing to do.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Mar 30 2013, 12:18 PM

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:17 PM