IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15(PT) Rios vs. Alverado II-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Cshel86
post Mar 30 2013, 11:27 PM
Post #111

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 31 2013, 12:23 AM) *
I thought I was calling the rounds as fair as I could and I still couldn't see a 115-113 and especially a 114-113. How did I do guys? Do you think I was fair??

115-113 maybe...but not 114-113.

Im buzzed, so I need to go back and watch it again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 30 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #112

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 31 2013, 12:22 AM) *
All of that energy from Rios after the match...Brandon 'white lines' Rios?

Wouldnt be shocked...

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 30 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #113

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

How likely is it that Rios fails a post fight drug test.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 30 2013, 11:33 PM
Post #114

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 31 2013, 12:23 AM) *
I thought I was calling the rounds as fair as I could and I still couldn't see a 115-113 and especially a 114-113. How did I do guys? Do you think I was fair??

No complaints here.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 30 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #115

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2013, 11:05 PM) *
What's your Mavis Beacon score???

You type fast and accurate as shit!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

lol, i was actually typing it while watching it with my wife while we were jaw jacking about the fight and who we thought won it.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Mar 31 2013, 12:03 AM
Post #116

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Wow f*cling brutal both these guys are some muthaf*cores. Mike took it tho he was just tad bit smarter but u could tell food was pissed he was ready to go again.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 31 2013, 02:10 AM
Post #117

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What a fucking great fight! A little more controlled and strategic than #1. Had it 8-3-1 for Alverado, with a close, and sort of sympathetic Rios tried to come on, even 10th round, but this was definitive. Those cards at 114-113 were far too close. The best Rios gets in this fight is a 116-112 loss. Alverado did better by boxing and moving than the first fight. But he and Brandon both brawled as well! This is exactly what boxing needs! Action fights, and fighters fighting often. not this once a year shit!

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 31 2013, 02:56 AM
Post #118

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 31 2013, 12:22 AM) *
Rios gets his ass whooped and starts talking clear...WTH is going on??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hahaha I wasn't the only one that noticed.

I liked this fight better than the first, both guys actually showed some skill. Some improves defence by rios and improved movement and offense by mike. I think him switching to southpaw kept throwing brandon off stride and the movement seemed to wear him down. Maybe those 20 pounds overnight took their toll on rios (even tho mike wasn't far behind in weight either)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 31 2013, 05:55 AM
Post #119

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Help me out guys,

How did that one judge get 114-113 for Alverado? I need anyone to calculate his rounds breakdown. Consider:

1.) There were no knockdowns or presumably no 10-8 rounds scored.
2.) A 6-6 in rounds is 114-114.
3.) There were no point deductions

What combo gets you to that card?

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 31 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #120

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

My take on Last night's fight:

Commentators: Since HBO Cheerleaders did not have a favorite in this fight they actually did a decent job at commentating. They actually were quiet on for a few seconds to actually watch the action. They did not cheer or show favoritism in any of the fights. Maybe that is what needs to happen for here on out, they do not announce fights that they have a personal favorite in. Roy Jones is definitely losing it. One second he knew Adrien Broner's name and the next minute he was like "whatchmacall it that fighter, whatever his name is" I was like dude you just said his name. It was funny. Kellermen was wishing that Prescott would find this magical punch to put Crawford on his ass and the same with Rios and Alverado. I really do not like Kellermen. Over all they were okay. Doniare is going to get his ass handed to him, sorry.

Fans: Ignorant bastards! How do you boo Crawford and the Prescott fight! That was boxing at it finest! The kid totally took away Prescott's strength by displaying boxing skills great head movement, foot work, and a JAB! His defense lead his offense, Terrance took the fight with five days notice came up in weight and performed beautifully! How do you boo that? This is how I know people really do not know shit about boxing.

Crawford/Prescott: Great fight. This Crawford kid is going to be good. He handle himself very well in the ring with a big puncher and a experienced fighter. Prescott was taken to school and was out of the fight mentally by the 3rd round. When he saw that he could not impose his will on Crawford, Game. Set. Match. Crawford displayed a great technical skills. I always have said boxers beat brawlers all day. Crawford showed great maturity and to be honest he out performed everyone that night. His ring generalship was amazing and the fact that he had the jab working all night and setting up his big shots, this kid has talent. He will do well, except he has to get rid of Arum. I do not think he is ready for Broner, so please put that to rest, Two or three more fights with top contenders then maybe. He should move up to 140, I think he could give guys big issues in the weight class.

Rios/Alverado: Rios gassed out and could not deal with Alverado's limited foot movement. Alverado listened to his corner and kept his game plan. he was going to slug it out but realized that he could box this guy and use a simple jab to disrupt his timing. Rios took some hard shots and Alverado kept his composure. He used his wrestling background to get Rios off of him. Good fight, Rios fought one dimensional while Alverado changed up his game plan and started boxing instead of hitting home run shots. It was great to see Gernardo Hernandez's brother working the corner. These guys will do a trilogy but I think Mike will win because he can adjust where Rios just comes forward and tries to knock the guy's head off. The post fight interview Rios could of shown a little more class and let Mike has his moment to shine and too be honest Rios can't demand shit from Mike. I actually agreed with Letterman's card for the first time in my life... strange.

Ruslan and Bradley still FOYT in my opinion.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 31 2013, 08:41 AM

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 11:46 AM