IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15(PT) Rios vs. Alverado II-SPOILERS, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Cheesey1
post Mar 31 2013, 09:15 AM
Post #121

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 31 2013, 09:27 AM) *
My take on Last night's fight:

Fans: Ignorant bastards! How do you boo Crawford and the Prescott fight! That was boxing at it finest! The kid totally took away Prescott's strength by displaying boxing skills great head movement, foot work, and a JAB! His defense lead his offense, Terrance took the fight with five days notice came up in weight and performed beautifully! How do you boo that? This is how I know people really do not know shit about boxing.

Indeed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Mar 31 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #122

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

This fight will end in a similar fashion next time or Rios gets knocked out. He wont be able to solve the movement and boxing ofAlverado and Alverado will be even more confident in that approach. Rios wins wars and as long as there is no slugfest, Rios probably wont win. My caveat is a knockout. He has that chance, as it was obvious he hurt him in the 2nd ( I think) with a hard jab. I hope Alvarado gives his face time to heal. His eye cuts looked pretty open.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 31 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #123

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Had to watch the replay. My ole lady wasn't feeling well last night. As expected, it was an absolute war. Alvarado edged Rios because he controlled the distance. It was fun to watch but *sigh* I hate to be a "debbie downer" or "hater" but I'm getting exhausted of these kinds of fights. This is all HBO and Top Prank seem to be good for now. Slugfest. Arum licking his chops, raking in cash off of guys who will sell tickets but have ZERO longevity. All this is doing is making him richer. Guys build up their name, beat each other to a bloody pulp, and are washed up or have too many losses to force Arum to dig in his pockets and pay him handsomely. Fights like these are PERFECT for Arum. He gets a Gatti/Ward type anticipation and buzz which in turn generates money. However, none of his fighters will achieve the longevity of a Hopkins or Mayweather to force him to pay them big money. Rios probably won't ever yield over 10 million for a fight. All his fighters are good enough to produce a blockbuster but not skilled enough to last.

Ultimately, I'm tired of having to wait on Floyd, Andre, B-Hop, Chad, Adrien etc to fight just to see some defense and boxing skill. That young man Crawford gave Prescott a boxing tutorial and got nothing but boos. WTF? Now I think Crawford thwarted some of his offense switching to south paw because he was out of reach to land power punches a lot of time. That said, he used the ring beautifully, he stabbed Prescott in the face with the jab, he showed tremendous composure (as opposed to Prescott who unraveled), he slipped punches and countered nicely. It's just a damn shame that one of the main criteria boxing is officially judged, ring generalship, is frowned upon in this sport. It's like watching the X Games and complaining about anything that's not a backflip.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 31 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #124

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 31 2013, 11:09 AM) *
This fight will end in a similar fashion next time or Rios gets knocked out. He wont be able to solve the movement and boxing ofAlverado and Alverado will be even more confident in that approach. Rios wins wars and as long as there is no slugfest, Rios probably wont win. My caveat is a knockout. He has that chance, as it was obvious he hurt him in the 2nd ( I think) with a hard jab. I hope Alvarado gives his face time to heal. His eye cuts looked pretty open.

It's a pick em in the trilogy. The conventional wisdom is that if Alverado boxes he wins, and that Rios can't box so he will be looking to take his head off. The scorecards were too close (two of them at only 114-113 and 115-113 for Alverado, which means that we were only a round away from a draw or even a Rios win, and that would have been criminal.)

Does Arum still see Rios as more of a star than Alverado? Alverado also took pages from the Richar Abril manual on how to beat Rios, along with several war moments.

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 31 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #125

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 31 2013, 01:07 PM) *
It's a pick em in the trilogy. The conventional wisdom is that if Alverado boxes he wins, and that Rios can't box so he will be looking to take his head off. The scorecards were too close (two of them at only 114-113 and 115-113 for Alverado, which means that we were only a round away from a draw or even a Rios win, and that would have been criminal.)

Does Arum still see Rios as more of a star than Alverado? Alverado also took pages from the Richar Abril manual on how to beat Rios, along with several war moments.

Jack

Scoresheet here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/alvarado-r...analysis-182663

One judge gave Rios a 10-8 round in the second.

Jack

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 31 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #126

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 31 2013, 01:21 PM) *
Scoresheet here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/alvarado-r...analysis-182663

Jack

Incredible!! I wonder why he didn't give Alvo a 10-8 round in the 3rd when he rocked Rios and dominated him the entire round placing him on Queer Street. IMO they were trying to make that fight look closer than it really was, I scored it here in the RBR and I clearly had Alvo ahead by more than 2 rounds.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 31 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #127

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 31 2013, 02:21 PM) *

That's about to be another BIG problem in the sport. Boxing media have long clamored for these types of fights, but now that we get them, they will start scoring these imaginary bullshit 10-8 rounds, just because a guy is hurt.

Again, we have to stop getting so caught up in the moment of anticipating knockdowns, that we start counting 10-8 rounds that aren't even there. It happened in the Bradley/Ruslan fight and it happened in Rios/Alvarado II.

It's bad enough that we have horrible scoring in these fights, but the last thing we need is "experts" and novice boxing viewers arguing about what should've been a 10-8 round, let alone, putting in the head of others to think the same.

Lampley almost argued down dipshit Weisfield (I believe that's his name), because he didn't count rounds 1 and 2 of Bradley/Ruslan as 10-8 rounds. I was like, "Damn, this is what THIS guy saw with his own two eyes, why in the hell are you trying to make him score these rounds as 10-8 rounds? For an agenda's purpose?"

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 1 2013, 02:19 AM
Post #128

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 31 2013, 02:56 AM) *
Hahaha I wasn't the only one that noticed.

I liked this fight better than the first, both guys actually showed some skill. Some improves defence by rios and improved movement and offense by mike. I think him switching to southpaw kept throwing brandon off stride and the movement seemed to wear him down. Maybe those 20 pounds overnight took their toll on rios (even tho mike wasn't far behind in weight either)

Nah you wasn't the only one that noticed lol....and I knew Rios had weight problems as far as making weight but I didn't know he was that big. He came into the fight weighting 161

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 1 2013, 08:15 AM
Post #129

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 1 2013, 03:19 AM) *
Nah you wasn't the only one that noticed lol....and I knew Rios had weight problems as far as making weight but I didn't know he was that big. He came into the fight weighting 161

And just to think, at 135, this dude used to come in at about 157. I specifically remember him coming into the A. Peterson fight at 157 lbs. Rios is a BIG dude.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 1 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #130

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2013, 08:16 PM) *
Man, after what Teddy Atlas said last night, I almost changed my prediction of Alvarado by close decision.

Anyhow, he made a great point about Alvarado and his "boxing" skills in the first fight. He made note that Alvarado actually got hurt when he was "boxing". Hmmm....SHIT! That almost killed my prediction, lol.

With that in mind, I'll be a man and let my sack drop, and hold true to my prediction. Reason? IF and only IF Alvarado makes the adjustment that his corner begged for in the first fight, to move to his left after letting off his combinations, then he may have that close decision success that Im predicting.

Alvarado by close decision, with some hard rounds that he creates for himself. I believe it will get hard for him around the 3rd or 4th.

*For some strange reason, I think we'll see Rios on the canvas tonight. Hmm...who knows, maybe it's these margaritas talking to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

you're on a roll lately. good shit!

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:11 PM