> Terence Crawford vs Broner, Crawford on par talent wise
Dolimite
post Jun 17 2013, 10:33 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 17 2013, 04:26 AM) *
Nothing wrong with standing on that and I agree. I know boxing and have followed the sport for more than 30 years. Crawford has not called anyone out. He has humbly displayed great skill. When people saw Lebron James in highschool they said he was ready to dominate the NBA. Crawford in my view is the best of the young prospects and will be dominant. Superstar talent he has, yet that does not mean he is going to have Superstar money of course so maybe I could have put it differently

He is a great prospect but not the best. The Charlo Twins and Gary Russel Jr. takes that crown.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 17 2013, 10:34 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 17 2013, 04:26 AM) *
Nothing wrong with standing on that and I agree. I know boxing and have followed the sport for more than 30 years. Crawford has not called anyone out. He has humbly displayed great skill. When people saw Lebron James in highschool they said he was ready to dominate the NBA. Crawford in my view is the best of the young prospects and will be dominant. Superstar talent he has, yet that does not mean he is going to have Superstar money of course so maybe I could have put it differently

He is a great prospect but not the best. The Charlo Twins and Gary Russel Jr. takes that crown.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 17 2013, 11:21 AM
Post #33

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 17 2013, 11:34 AM) *

I saw one of the Charlo's struggle with Demetrius Hopkins but D Hopkins is very hard to hit so I will have to see him again...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 17 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 17 2013, 11:34 AM) *

i'd put them all on the same level....but i think crawfords almost flawless victory over prescott trumps any of the others guys wins.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 17 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 17 2013, 10:33 AM) *

I'm sorry but those guys are pretty overrated to me. But just my opinion, don't get me wrong they have godly speed and talent but Crawford has something way better than that, ring IQ. Russell and the twins get wild and sloppy

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 17 2013, 02:40 PM) *
i'd put them all on the same level....but i think crawfords almost flawless victory over prescott trumps any of the others guys wins.

I can agree with this

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 18 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

i've been watching more footage of crawford. the more i see...the more impressed i am. he and broner need to cross paths eventually. crawford switches stances a lot. he seems to be more defensive minded in the south paw stance. i like his style there. if he fights broner in an orthodox stance i think broner gets him.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 18 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 18 2013, 02:59 PM) *
i've been watching more footage of crawford. the more i see...the more impressed i am. he and broner need to cross paths eventually. crawford switches stances a lot. he seems to be more defensive minded in the south paw stance. i like his style there. if he fights broner in an orthodox stance i think broner gets him.

A quick slick southpaw would be trouble for anyone. Despite that broners best punch is his straight idc what people say about his left, its too wide for my taste. I have yet to understand why this kid wants to be at 135!!! Lol its infuriating!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 18 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I think he's more defensive minded in the southpaw stand is because like anybody whose not a southpaw, it's not natural for him, so really he can only throw a punch or two, since combinations feel very unnatural, and can put him out of balance.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 18 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 18 2013, 07:42 PM) *
A quick slick southpaw would be trouble for anyone. Despite that broners best punch is his straight idc what people say about his left, its too wide for my taste. I have yet to understand why this kid wants to be at 135!!! Lol its infuriating!

why not clean out the division and maximize his earnings before moving up? i think it's a smart move. 140 and 147 are going to be loaded with talent for a while. he has time to clean up at 135.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 18 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 18 2013, 08:10 PM) *
I think he's more defensive minded in the southpaw stand is because like anybody whose not a southpaw, it's not natural for him, so really he can only throw a punch or two, since combinations feel very unnatural, and can put him out of balance.

i don't know about that....he looks pretty good throwing in combination from the stance. i say he's more defensive minded in that position because he seems to sit on his back leg much bettter in that position and his headmovement looks more fluid and natural there. whereas in the orthodox position he looks front foot heavy and a little more squared. he also seems to get hit more in that position.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:46 AM