Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andre Ward Wants JCC Jr., SMH
Marcus
post Apr 2 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #31

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

I wouldn't want to see Ward vs Chavez. Thats a stupid fight. Ward would school Chavez. Maybe even KO if he could break through his chin. No one thought Ward would ever KO Dawson and look what happened.

The BobFather would never let this fight happen. If Chavez knew what was best for him he wouldn't take this fight after the lesson he was given by Martinez.

As for Ward's situation he simply is too good to the point where his talent his a curse. Its not that 168 is dry. However the super six tournament already gave us all the fights we wanted to see and there arent really any emerging stars in that weight class. At least the other fighters that competed in the Super 6 had competitive fights against one another to the point where the fights that were made merit rematches. (For example Kessler Froch). However Ward beat everyone in his division decisively to the point where no one really wants to see him fight the same guys again.

I dont think moving up to 175 is the solution at all. We all know Ward can't move down in weight either. That doesn't mean Ward should be put on a shelf on display.

His management team should definitely be marketing him to America getting him news appearances, interviews, making him do charity work. I dont think his team is doing enough for him like Floyd mentioned.

Ward is simply too good for his own good at 168. And his team doesn't understand his value.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 2 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 09:52 AM) *
I guess it just pisses me off that he doesn't really give a shit and thinks he can get away with anything at least manny tries to play it off like he's too nice and stupid to know all the perks he gets. This kid walks around like he deserves everything being fed to him on a silver spoon. It's sad but I can see him doing worse than his dad once he retires, shit maybe even before he calls it quits (in terms of his personal life, money, drug abuse). He's still very raw and very young but he doesn't seem like the type to change but shit, I'm no fortune teller

Right

In the midst of a blatant fuckery, would you rather see Julio's stupid smirk, or Manny's silly "I have no idea what's going on with my team" smile? I would much rather decline, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Manny and his voluntary ignorance. Lol

Hopefully he doesn't do worse than his dad, but if you look at it, his dad work waaaay too hard to become what he did (professionally and financially), just to flush it away. As you mentioned, Julio has been fed with a sliver spoon, so I can see him ruining it faster than an average fighter with bad money habits and vices.

QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 2 2013, 12:14 PM) *
I wouldn't want to see Ward vs Chavez. Thats a stupid fight. Ward would school Chavez. Maybe even KO if he could break through his chin. No one thought Ward would ever KO Dawson and look what happened.

Chilllll Marcus...Ward needs a fight like this!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'd much rather the world see me beat the hell outta Chavez, than waste that beating on somebody like Dawson, who the world hardly knows. Lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 2 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Ward has earned himself a big pay day/ small challenge fight. I won't blame him one bit if he took this fight and starched this young pup up for a big check.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 2 2013, 05:26 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 1 2013, 11:45 PM) *
LOL, stop it.

c'mon man!!! martinez has been on a blazing trail! was kermit cintron not world class when he stopped him? was paul williams not world class when he stopped him? was kelly pavlik not world class when he went 12 with martinez? macklin?

chavez did better than all of those guys. sure he had a size advantage....but he almost stopped martinez.

he didn't damage his knee until the 12th when he got dropped.

jr is legit. diarrhetics and weed don't give u the ability to take and deliver a punch. that kid has those abilities. he was born with that left hook. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 2 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 08:11 AM) *
I hope these are April fools jokes lol.

Na with all due respect I can't give this guy props. He's a cottled light heavyweight that has been taking only god knows what to make a living beating the shit out of guys 20+ lbs smaller than him. Yea he beat some top guys like lee and Rubio but in the Rubio fight he came back dirty in his tests then got off scotch free and in the lee fight he could have killed that kid due to the weight advantage and small size of the ring, before he stopped lee he was getting beat too.

If I had a choice of giving chavez credit for sticking it out until the 12th, or blaming it on the fact that Martinez at 37 had thrown well over a thousand punches fighting on a broken hand a fucked up knee against a overnight light heavyweight while doing his best Tim "YOLO" Bradley impression by fighting in the 12th instead of cruising I would pick the latter.

again...weed and diarrhetics don't give u the ability to punch or take punches. i agree...he has been given special treatment because of his name, but i think he proved that he was legit when he fought sergio. he belongs.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 2 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 2 2013, 11:26 PM) *
c'mon man!!! martinez has been on a blazing trail! was kermit cintron not world class when he stopped him? was paul williams not world class when he stopped him? was kelly pavlik not world class when he went 12 with martinez? macklin?

chavez did better than all of those guys. sure he had a size advantage....but he almost stopped martinez.

he didn't damage his knee until the 12th when he got dropped.

jr is legit. diarrhetics and weed don't give u the ability to take and deliver a punch. that kid has those abilities. he was born with that left hook. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

no but diarrhetics help get him to a weight class he shouldn't be at. I think aside from that one punch he proved he didn't belong for 11 rounds. I really want a rematch to see if he's the same bum that's there under daddys name.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 2 2013, 06:43 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 2 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 2 2013, 06:28 PM) *
again...weed and diarrhetics don't give u the ability to punch or take punches. i agree...he has been given special treatment because of his name, but i think he proved that he was legit when he fought sergio. he belongs.

It's inhumane to have a man with a 20 pound advantage pounding a twig like lee or Rubio for 12 rounds or however long they last especially with the style of fighting chavez has.
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 2 2013, 07:34 PM) *
no but diarrhetics help get him to a weight class he shouldn't be at. I think aside from that one punch he proved he didn't belong for 11 rounds. I really want a rematch to see if he's the same bum that's there under daddys name.

+1

Diarrhetics can also help you cycle PEDs which a big reason why they aren't allowed. I've also heard weed can help you mask the effects but i don't know if that's true.

Choosing to trade the last round is the only mistake Martinez made and if it means a rematch and a loss the next time around he only has himself to blame. Some people (Bradley, Martinez both) like to learn the hard way

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 3 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

ok...u guys have a point about the diurrhetics.

i still think the kid is tough and can fight. his father didn't win all those fights for him....and they definitely didn't happen by accident. i will say i thought he lost both fights to molina.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 3 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Supposedly, JCC jr came out and said to the media that he wants to fight GGG or Ward before a rematch with Martinez

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 3 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:02 PM) *
Supposedly, JCC jr came out and said to the media that he wants to fight GGG or Ward before a rematch with Martinez

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-prefe...martinez--64025

Interesting. Maybe losing his 0 was a good thing, I would not mind seeing him fight golovkin at all.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:24 PM