> Miguel Cotto, Time to call it quits?
BrutUalBK
post Apr 3 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #21

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 2 2013, 09:05 PM) *
If he faced Bundrage and lost, then yes, he should've hung them up at that point. Now that you put it that way, losing to Trout wasn't such a bad thing, especially if Trout beats Canelo. LOL

There's absolutely nothing wrong with him losing to Floyd (as we all agreed on), but the thing is, that loss didn't take ANYTHING out of Miguel, which is why people didn't write him off after the loss. He actually looked better losing in that fight, than he did in the Trout fight.

With that in mind, Cotto should've just pumped his brakes and taken an easier fight. Seriously, most guys don't look good losing, and walk away with their health at the same time. Cotto didn't take a beating in the Floyd fight, but still looked good, not many fighters can attest to that.

How would you see a Cotto/Smith fight playing out?

Honestly, I've never been impressed by Ishe and at this stage IMHO I believe that Cotto is too much for him. IS vs MC then you may as well spell KO because I believe Miguel beats him down and stops him in 9 rounds.

Yes, Miguel looked good but he took a lot of punishment vs Floyd and regardless of what people believe that fight took a lot away from Cotto mentally because he was at his highest after seemingly proving after he beat Margo that Antonio had loaded gloves and that he no longer had any reason not to believe in himself after that beating he took and now vengefully stopping Margo in the rematch.

MC went into the fight with Floyd believing he was reborn and could beat anyone at that point, had he gotten a rematch with Pac at the appropriate weight instead of facing Floyd at that time I'd vow to say that version of him would've beaten MP.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 3 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 3 2013, 02:31 PM) *
i think he learned some of the things necessary to beat guys like angulo after fighting margarito twice...but that may be a toss up fight.

vanes is a pretty sharp/fast guy and has a size advantage on cotto. another toss up.

rosado definitely beats cotto at this point in his career. rosado is bigger than trout, almost as slick and punches harder.

i agree on the last part

I'm just not that impressed by Vanes, he's decent but he just doesn't give me the vibe that he can pull it out in a big fight. I love Rosado and it is a toss up fight. I like Cotto's experience and Rosado's determination. One of them will win out

Angulo has room for improvement, I think he'll get better working with Virgil

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

smith is very beatable guy for cotto...but smith has already said he's going to fight carlos molina. he won't beat molina. i can see molina beating cotto at this point too.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 08:28 AM