> Which Fighters Do You Dislike, Both in and out of the ring
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 06:25 PM) *
they got it wrong in the first movie. it was supposed to be about mickey ward! wtf happened!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) also...you're playing a boxer in a movie. LEARN HOW TO BOX!!!! he looked like shit in that movie and did mickey ward a disservice.

I can see how you would say that, some of the movements in the fight sequences had me LOL'ing because it was nowhere near what would actually happen in the ring. Bale turned in a good performance though, he really nailed Ecklund lol

I watched a show some yrs back called Lights Out on FX, it was very good IMO, the lead actor trained with Teddy Atlas for preperation for the role
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 11 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I forgot to add Chad Dawson to my list...what a waste.

This dude has all the tools and potential to be great, but his "cruise control" fighting style and mental lapses have done him no favors over the years. I remember the Pascal fight when he went bad to his corner and complained, "My shoulder, my shoulder fucked up".

So after he get whacked by Pascal in the later rounds, and got that bad cut, he decided to step on the gas. When Merchant interviewed Dawson after the fight, he inquired about the shoulder injury. Chad's response (paraphrasing), "Nah, aint nothin wrong with my shoulder, my shoulder's fine". Huh???

Dude, the whole world heard you to tell your trainer that your shoulder was messed up, or did you need an excuse for your poor performance? Dude is a tool and a waste of talent.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 11 2013, 12:32 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Any new guy in the gym that starts out buys all the new gear, boxing boots, top of the range gloves etc etc, and then quits three weeks later

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 11 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 11 2013, 01:32 PM) *
Any new guy in the gym that starts out buys all the new gear, boxing boots, top of the range gloves etc etc, and then quits three weeks later

Anybody who does that in any sport lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 11 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 11 2013, 06:37 PM) *
Anybody who does that in any sport lol

I remember I didn't have shit when I started lol, had to save up for my first pair of Lonsdale gloves from SportsDirect haha

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 11 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 11 2013, 01:40 PM) *
I remember I didn't have shit when I started lol, had to save up for my first pair of Lonsdale gloves from SportsDirect haha

I was the same way and from the get go I told my little brother the only way he's getting gear for boxing, was if he showed me he was sticking to it and he showed dedication. He's gotten geared up a little since then

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 12 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 09:26 PM) *
I can see how you would say that, some of the movements in the fight sequences had me LOL'ing because it was nowhere near what would actually happen in the ring. Bale turned in a good performance though, he really nailed Ecklund lol

I watched a show some yrs back called Lights Out on FX, it was very good IMO, the lead actor trained with Teddy Atlas for preperation for the role

Never saw the show but heard good things.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 12 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 12 2013, 05:18 PM) *
Never saw the show but heard good things.

It's definitely worth a watch

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 13 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

This dude is a sorry excuse for a professional, and he usually bitches up when things get tough. That whole "I be nervous" shit that he talks in the early rounds, is for sissies only.

All night, he held and ran during the Gonzalez fight. The ref yelled the whole time for both of them to fight out, but Ramos decided to hold the whole night. I can't stand this baby dinosaur-lookin' mofo, and his lack of heart in the ring.

His lucky title win against the Asian guy a couple of years ago, coupled by his quit session in the Rigondeaux fight, told me all that I needed to know. Am I the only one who cant stand this dude???

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post Apr 13 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #40

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

I don't necessarily dislikes him, but I agree that ramos is a trash fighter. I honestly don't even know why he is ever mentioned like he matters or something.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:41 AM