IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 30 Days in May (Floyd Mayweather Documentary), What did yawl Think?
Dolimite
post Apr 3 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I enjoyed the documentary. Showed a side of Floyd that I never seen (did not need to see his ass) I like the fact that they showed his kids. The Diamond Club brought back my days at Morehouse. I guess the Showtime deal was happening way before we knew about. Ms. Jackson is just a face with a nice body other than that she has nothing more to offer, I am glad he got rid of her. And another things, you openly know this dude is cheating on you and you think he respects you?
Floyd has way too many hanger ons and I hope he listens to his mother's advice. Interesting they didn't show 50's face. Gamboa had a spot I thought that was cool. Good to see Roger Mayweather. I think Guerrero is about to get his ass handed to him, Floyd stays in the gym.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 4 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

I enjoyed it. The way the blured 50s face out at the begining had me dying. Seeing Gamboa work at the gym was a pleasant surpize. When that fan was like " Can you punch my wife in the face." Some pretty funny shit.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Apr 4 2013, 12:50 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 12:43 AM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

It was a very good documentary, he was being 100% honest and I can respect where he was coming from in regards to a number of topics.

Where did you hear that he dropped his lady? And this documentary probably would've been on HBO had they not dropped the ball. The fact that he ragged on HBO doesn't mean the move was being planned, he say what the fuck he wants to when he wants too. He done dissed HBO plenty of times. I remember him getting at Emmanuel Steward and the HBO broadcast team a while back

That whole x'ing out 50 thing was entertaining but they should've x'd out the SK and the 50 cent promo shirts lol. Seeing Gamboa in the gym was a nice surprise that I doubt any of us expected to be included in the doc

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

And I wish he would've x'd out Drake, I can't stand that soft ass RNB rapper (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 4 2013, 12:44 AM

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 4 2013, 02:40 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:44 PM) *
And I wish he would've x'd out Drake, I can't stand that soft ass RNB rapper (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

From a talent standpoint I could see Floyds point. Drake can rap and sing. Even if you dont like his music anybody with ears can see the talent there. Now im 35 so I dont listen to much music that came out after 2003 maybe. Drakes from Toronto so I dont expect him to rap about the same things Pac and Big rapped about.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 4 2013, 05:13 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:43 PM) *
It was a very good documentary, he was being 100% honest and I can respect where he was coming from in regards to a number of topics.

Where did you hear that he dropped his lady? And this documentary probably would've been on HBO had they not dropped the ball. The fact that he ragged on HBO doesn't mean the move was being planned, he say what the fuck he wants to when he wants too. He done dissed HBO plenty of times. I remember him getting at Emmanuel Steward and the HBO broadcast team a while back

That whole x'ing out 50 thing was entertaining but they should've x'd out the SK and the 50 cent promo shirts lol. Seeing Gamboa in the gym was a nice surprise that I doubt any of us expected to be included in the doc

I think after he got out of jail rumors were flying that she and 50 were playing house, plus you have not seen her since that time. So maybe she is there but doesn't get the attention she use to or isn't asking for it. I was just going off from people have told who are from Vegas and have dealings with Mayweather. It is more of an assumption then anything, Either way she is a trophy chic. I agreed with Mayweather on most of the things he said. I thought it was weird how his kids were around him the very same kids who witnessed their dad beat their mom, usually the courts would not allow a parent to be around their children if they felt that they were a danger to them. I wonder how Gamboa feels now? And I never heard of Jackie Long as an actor.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:44 PM) *

I actually did disagree with Floyd on one instance, he said he could be great like Biggie and Pac, I respectfully disagree.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 4 2013, 07:42 AM
Post #7

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Fuck Biggie and Pac... they were both tools to dumb down inner city youth with their filthy mindless and self destructive rap-- Biggie once talked on an album about defecating on a woman-- nothing great about that Black fat fuck.. Tupac had greatness but embraced fake ass gangster rap and thug life... Mayweather if he was more educated and civilized would not have even mentioned those assholes... but I understand.. he has matured considerably and contrary to what people say speaks pretty well...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 4 2013, 07:45 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 4 2013, 08:02 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Pretty good documentary! I know these other fighters out there are hating life right now, especially the ones who are on their way out the door. I know they're thinking, "Man, screw that people's champ nonsense, I should've been trying to make as much money as I could've made".

I always like to see that footage that usually gets thrown into the archives, and I wish they did documentaries like this on all fighters...maybe not an hour, but that 15-minute garbage has to stop. As a matter of fact, those 15 min segments are only about 12 mins. Shame on the networks for that.

Floyd seems like a decent guy in person, but I'm just not with the whole blowing money the way he does...maybe because we've seen the greats go broke. Now, I would LOVE to see how Tyson and Holyfield partied back in the day, when they were racking up big paydays.

Yes I said Holyfield, regardless of all that religious shit that he talked, dude got waaay too much poontang and waaay too many illegitimate children to say otherwise. I KNOW they had a big ass party after the first Tyson victory....where's the footage? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Those strippers though! Welcome to ATL! It looks like they put the good ones on tv, because they all don't look like that down here, trust me, they don't. Lol. Ms Jackson? Man! I think I'd get tired of banging her though, she looks like a "lazy lay" to me.

The part where he was getting ready to leave home (for jail), and he was counting all of that money...still disturbs me a bit. No way I could have all of those dudes around me, with a fine woman, and all of that money (material things). Somewhere along the line, dudes find it in their hearts to hate and ruin it for you. As a black man I know, that's how most of our people are...sad but true.

Oh yeah, "The Blurrrr"...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) What a way to kill the little relevancy that 50 has left. He's still a great businessman, but his relevancy is taking a nose dive. Somewhere along the line, he's gonna make a power move and get his name back out there like it used to be.

PS: What has Jackie Long done since the movie "ATL"?! Answer...not a goddamn fuckin' thing! Dude is Floyd's biggest nuthugger to this date, seriously. Dude, go land some more roles or get into directing, instead being up Floyd's ass all day.

I think 50 clowned him (in his face) on one of the FightHype videos around the time of the Cotto fight. He called him "Jackie Floyd" and basically challenged him on the reason that he was even around. Maybe that a bit of 50's "I want Floyd all to myself moments" though. LOL

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 4 2013, 08:40 AM
Post #9

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Drake couldn't even be the shit beneath Tupac or Biggie's shoes.

Not to mention Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Chuck D or even Eminem.

I digress though.

I'm not surprised that Floyd has a gang of hoes to fuck around with. It's also somewhat refreshing to see that Ms. Jackson doesn't make a big deal out of it and accepts her role. Men with money, power and influence fuck who they want to fuck, after all.

Anyways, I am concerned. There is simply no way that revenue stream can keep those expenses in check. Just because everything is "paid for" doesn't mean that there aren't an enormous amount of tax and upkeep/maintenance bills.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 4 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 4 2013, 08:42 AM) *
Fuck Biggie and Pac... they were both tools to dumb down inner city youth with their filthy mindless and self destructive rap-- Biggie once talked on an album about defecating on a woman-- nothing great about that Black fat fuck.. Tupac had greatness but embraced fake ass gangster rap and thug life... Mayweather if he was more educated and civilized would not have even mentioned those assholes... but I understand.. he has matured considerably and contrary to what people say speaks pretty well...

Cmon man educate yourself before you speak ignorance. Biggie might have talked alott of shit, but Tupac is not about fake gangster rap. He was politically active and was going to be the leader of the new Black Panthers, he was all about education and unity and trying to make communities better for ALL PEOPLE AND CHILDREN. Not just blacks or any race, have you heard the song "Changes" "Keep Your Head up", cmon man and please look up what T.H.U.G L.I.F.E means before you talk shit and be disrespectful. Educate yourself brotha.

As for Drake being mentioned with Biggie and Pac, i wouldn't disagree. Think about how much influence Drake has, he makes hits, he actually has lyrics and subjects, anything he says turns into this whole big thing. YOLO!...All that influence, he is just with the wrong team, he could be more like Pac if he said some shit that could stir the media, become more politically active. Make songs to target and motivate children instead of strippers. I think he could do it if he wasn't with the wrong team. With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.

" tool to dumb down inner city youth with their filthy mindless and self destructive rap" is Lil wayne. Not Tupac,

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 03:15 PM