Reply to this topicStart new topic
> J. Love vs Rosado, Say whaaaat?
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2013, 11:02 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

As we should all know by now, JeLeon Love is set to face Gabe Rosado on May 4th. This is a bout that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Looks like Roger's training him for this fight, but really, is Love really ready for this test? I love the fact that they're putting him in there with some stiff competition though, no complaints over here.

Rosado may have been beaten by GGG, but I vividly remember him sparking Soto-Karass and Powell. In Love's last fight, he had a hard time with Findley, so hopefully Rosado's style will force Love to fight a tactical fight that he seems to be pretty decent at fighting.

Have they bitten off more than they can chew with the Rosado fight? What happens if he beats Rosado?

PS: I met J. Love back in Vegas a few months ago, and he seems to be a real cool and humble guy...unlike the rest of those retarded Money Team sack-riders. I guess they only show the cool Money Team members on tv, because the ones I saw were straight poo-poo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 5 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2013, 09:02 AM) *
As we should all know by now, JeLeon Love is set to face Gabe Rosado on May 4th. This is a bout that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Looks like Roger's training him for this fight, but really, is Love really ready for this test? I love the fact that they're putting him in there with some stiff competition though, no complaints over here.

Rosado may have been beaten by GGG, but I vividly remember him sparking Soto-Karass and Powell. In Love's last fight, he had a hard time with Findley, so hopefully Rosado's style will force Love to fight a tactical fight that he seems to be pretty decent at fighting.

Have they bitten off more than they can chew with the Rosado fight? What happens if he beats Rosado?

PS: I met J. Love back in Vegas a few months ago, and he seems to be a real cool and humble guy...unlike the rest of those retarded Money Team sack-riders. I guess they only show the cool Money Team members on tv, because the ones I saw were straight poo-poo.

They are not the major players on his team. It is equivalent to the guys who are on the high school varsity football team but they are third stringers who happen to be really cool with the star QB and RB. So they walk around with their Letterman jackets trying to act hard and important. Same thing. Floyd did say he would put his fighters against the best, at least he is not babysitting them, you can't knock that. Why be 26-0 and have no real names with those wins? If they really to swim, let them swim!

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 5 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I don't want to think they would put J love in there with someone he would lose against, but G Rosado is actually pretty good, I only saw the good fight he had with GGG. Just gonna be a great fight, i still haven't seen much of love but this will put him to the test, i haven't watched enough of him but ill bet Love by SD.

If he does beat Rosado i wanna to see Love vs GGG. I know Mayweather is letting his people fight tough opponents, you think he would let any of his fighters go in with GGG? You already know GGG down to fight anyone.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

it's unfortunate that j.love has to be the first casualty in mayweather promotions learning phase. maybe they'll sign rosado when he wins?

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 5 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2013, 08:02 AM) *

Rosado is no challenge. 8 yrs ago he was a basketball player. Plus hes undersized at MW. Findley might of been 5'7" but he was built like a bowling ball and JLeon will probably never fight anybody that short again. I expect J to walk right thru Rosado but it wont prove much.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 5 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 6 2013, 12:07 AM) *
Rosado is no challenge. 8 yrs ago he was a basketball player. Plus hes undersized at MW. Findley might of been 5'7" but he was built like a bowling ball and JLeon will probably never fight anybody that short again. I expect J to walk right thru Rosado but it wont prove much.

Rosado comes to fight win/lose/draw. He will at the very least win a close fight. Personally I think he'll win.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 5 2013, 06:07 PM) *

j couldn't walk through valenzuela who at very best had primitive skills and wasn't exactly a specimen. don't sleep on rosado...he's been putting in work during his short career. i seriously doubt he walks through rosado.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 5 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2013, 03:21 PM) *
it's unfortunate that j.love has to be the first casualty in mayweather promotions learning phase. maybe they'll sign rosado when he wins?

I'm not so sure Rosado wins. Tell me negrodamus, where do you get this insight from (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 5 2013, 09:08 PM) *
I'm not so sure Rosado wins. Tell me negrodamus, where do you get this insight from (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

"wayne brady makes brian gumbel look like malcolm x." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

based off of what i've seen from jleon....he's slick but not super slick. he's not making adjustments immediately. the last 2 fights i saw him in were very unimpressive to be honest....and the opposition is not on par with what rosado brings to the ring. rosado beat the bricks off sechew powell. that was impressive. he actually impressed me against golovkin. he showed intelligence and patience against a much superior fighter. in comparison...jleon is going to be an easy fight for rosado. he really didn't take a beating in that fight....and i get the feeling that's why jleon's ppl made this fight...because they believe rosado has been softened up. that is not the case. they're going to find out come may 4th.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2013, 09:39 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Has it dawned on anyone, that Love on has 15 fights under his belt? I mean, anything is possible, but let's face it, Rosado has taken the hard road to get to where he is. He knows how to lose, and I'm not sure Love is ready for that reality just yet.

A record and/or quality of opposition plays a huuuuge role in situations like this, but that's not always the case. If you have the skill and confidence in using it, then hats off to ya, but I'm not sure Love fairs in this one. Rosado has been KO'd, battered, and bloodied over they years, and was able to fight through most of it.

I guess it all depends on what Love shows up on fight night, and if he's able to control the pace.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:26 AM