IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Donaire vs Rigondeaux (Preview Thread-No Spoilers)
Jovi
post Apr 6 2013, 09:00 AM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1KO4RuYpY8...h?v=R1KO4RuYpY8 Nonito Donaire vs Rafael Concepcion Highlights

I just saw this vid and all i could think about was if it was Rigondeaux instead of Rafael. Will Nonaire's left hook be less effective because of Rigondeaux's southpaw stance and shoulder roll?. Marroquin hurt him with a few left hooks. This guy wasn't really slick at all and was making Nonito run around the ring, his face may not have showed anguish but running back like that with your hands down seemed like some survival mode tactic.

Idk if people are giving my dude Rigondeaux a good chance. I can confidently say that Rigondeaux will win by KO. But anything can happen.

Thoughts?

This post has been edited by Jack 1000: Apr 13 2013, 11:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 6 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

While I'd like to say its rigondeux I think Donaire will take it. His activity will just be a lot higher than Rigondeux, and yes I know that's not what its all about but if you throw more your likely to land more, the amount Rigondeux throws he'd have to land every single shot

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 6 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 10:00 AM) *
Marroquin hurt him with a few left hooks.

Exactly! I've been preaching this for months. I was in Vegas during that fight, and it looked worse live. As much as I cant stand Donaire, I'll be the first to say that he stops Rigondeaux. The biggest question is, will Donaire run through him, or will it take some time?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 6 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Sticking with Rigondeaux. Especially interested to see if his new trainer will mean better movement.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 6 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #5

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I like Rigondeaux! He seems to be faster than most of The Flab's opponents and he doesn't stand in front of his opponents plus he has good head movement and he has a nice jab and a punch to go with it! Donaire is going to have his hands full. The question is, can Donaire take a flush punch? He has faced soft opposition and when he steps in the ring with a fighter then we will see what he is made of!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 6 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think donaire can beat Rigo. But he just doesn't fight REAL opponents. It's sad when he's on p4p lists and this guys first real threat is an older amateur legend with only a handful of pro fights. I can't understand how people get off saying broner fights nobodies and migits and then turn around and put Donaire on their p4p list

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 6 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I'm starting to lean the way of Rigondeaux. I think he's a tough guy. This is Donaire's biggest fight since he clubbed Vic and made a name for himself. Rigondeaux has had big (NON PRO) fights. I think he may nab Nonito.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 6 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 05:46 PM) *
Exactly! I've been preaching this for months. I was in Vegas during that fight, and it looked worse live. As much as I cant stand Donaire, I'll be the first to say that he stops Rigondeaux. The biggest question is, will Donaire run through him, or will it take some time?

You have, which made me watch the fight. Marroquin is no joke though, Marroquin is a better opponent's than all of the opponents Nonito took on last year IMO. He was tall and had that killer left hook like Donaire, but he still got a hurting put on him.

The better opposition for Rigondeaux gets, he still makes his opponents look the same. With Donaire he has the power but every opponent exposes more weaknesses.

Donaire doesn't remind anyone of an asian Hearns? style wise

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 6 2013, 07:22 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 08:02 PM) *
You have, which made me watch the fight. Marroquin is no joke though, Marroquin is a better opponent's than all of the opponents Nonito took on last year IMO. He was tall and had that killer left hook like Donaire, but he still got a hurting put on him.

The better opposition for Rigondeaux gets, he still makes his opponents look the same. With Donaire he has the power but every opponent exposes more weaknesses.

Donaire doesn't remind anyone of an asian Hearns? style wise

I can rock with that. The last formidable opponent that I remember Donaire fighting, was Vasquez Jr. last February, but since then, nobody special.

We could blame Rigo's performance in that fight, on the managerial/contractual issues that he had leading up to that fight. I believe his opponent changed, and the fight was actually put on hold/cancelled for a short period of time...that's if my memory serves me correctly.

You're correct about Donaire's opponents exposing him in every other fight. We could blame that on his ongoing hand injury too, but hey, it all depends. Usually, guys that have a stiff jab (and actually uses it) and knows how to navigate through the ring, gives Donaire problems. Last year, he looked like he had eaten some scallops after a couple of his fights...the Vasquez fight in particular.

This is an interesting bout, but I believe Doanire's leaping hook will get to Rigo's chin faster than anybody he's ever fought.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 6 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I like Riggs in this match, but I can see Nonito taking this, as well. IMO, Riggs has a lot of "yard to mow", in that, Donaire is the draw, Arum is pushing him rather than Riggs and the crowd's "oooh and aaaahhh" factor.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 09:42 AM