Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gotta Love Angel Garcia!!!, LMAO
Franchize
post Apr 8 2013, 08:01 AM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

This was the first rant in which I was yelling PREACH! Most of the time I'm just like awww shut the hell up. This time, he was hitting home with some of his points. I agree with Dolimite though. Roger has been spitting facts for years and people don't love him nearly as much...and Roger forgot more boxing than Angel will ever know.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Apr 8 2013, 08:57 AM
Post #12

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

He reminds me of when some of my uncles would go on one of those race rants. 90% of the time they were speaking from experience and on point. I can see where the training becoming the center piece of attention detracts from his boxer, he event and the sport, but in regard to his HBO comments, they seem to be on point and reflect many of the widely held opinions expressed on this board. How many boxers (not named Floyd Mayweather) are willing to openly express such an opinion at the risk of being banished from HBO?

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 8 2013, 01:17 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Seen this yesterday and son had me LMAO but at the same time he's just being real, and I can respect it. It's like I wanna be all in with picking Zab, but I see him being out worked since he don't fire combinations and seems so committed to setting his own pace, which lately would leave him behind on the cards.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 03:36 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 8 2013, 08:01 AM) *
This was the first rant in which I was yelling PREACH! Most of the time I'm just like awww shut the hell up. This time, he was hitting home with some of his points. I agree with Dolimite though. Roger has been spitting facts for years and people don't love him nearly as much...and Roger forgot more boxing than Angel will ever know.

i wasn't on this site much when roger was dropping knowledge. but i've always been a big fan of his speeches. floyd sr too!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 7 2013, 11:24 PM) *
this guy fucking sickens me. Talks too much shit and his son is the star not fucking him. This is Floyd Snr all over again. Dude needs to stop talking too much shit. Only legit fight Danny has won was knocking the fuck outta Khan. Danny Garcia is the boxer not his diva ass. This motherfucker disrespected Zab Judah at the press conference. Can't wait for someone to fucking spark his son up.

danny beating holt was very legit.

danny beating morales both times was very legit as well.

angel spoke truth about zab. truth isn't disrespectful. it is what it is. don't hate his son because pops talks shit. that's ridiculous. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 03:42 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2013, 07:43 AM) *
He's one of the very trainers that I like to hear talk. At the most, it's entertainment for me. Gladly Angel isn't in some authoritative position that effects my life personally, therefore, I have no reason to take him that seriously...he's just a boxing trainer.

If anyone believes that he takes the racial issues a bit too far at times, hey, I agree as well. I don't agree enough to get up in arms about it, but he should keep some of this stuff to himself.

PS: Does anybody see Danny's facial expressions when his dad starts talking/ranting? That's some of the funniest stuff ever...looks like he's trying to hold in a fart or somethin'.

i don't get why everyone is calling this dude racist? what is he saying that is racist? he never saw a pakastani that can fight? how is that racist?

perfect way to describe danny's expressions!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

the cool thing is that he lets his dad be himself. they work well together. it's like good cop/bad cop. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Apr 8 2013, 08:57 AM) *
He reminds me of when some of my uncles would go on one of those race rants. 90% of the time they were speaking from experience and on point. I can see where the training becoming the center piece of attention detracts from his boxer, he event and the sport, but in regard to his HBO comments, they seem to be on point and reflect many of the widely held opinions expressed on this board. How many boxers (not named Floyd Mayweather) are willing to openly express such an opinion at the risk of being banished from HBO?

exactly!!! these ass clowns have spit on plenty of boxers careers to push their agenda. showtime calls it how they see it. they're not on some agenda trying to create a star...they let the chips fall where they may.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 8 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 8 2013, 09:44 PM) *
exactly!!! these ass clowns have spit on plenty of boxers careers to push their agenda. showtime calls it how they see it. they're not on some agenda trying to create a star...they let the chips fall where they may.

Let's just hope that this money coming there way doesn't corrupt them too.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 8 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 8 2013, 04:42 PM) *
i don't get why everyone is calling this dude racist? what is he saying that is racist? he never saw a pakastani that can fight? how is that racist?

perfect way to describe danny's expressions!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

the cool thing is that he lets his dad be himself. they work well together. it's like good cop/bad cop. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I was speaking more about the last seconds of so towards the end of the video. I don't believe he's just this racist extremist or anything, but he should be more careful when talking about other cultures.

We think most of it is funny, but if he's on the wrong platform while saying some of this stuff, then the right people will take action. As of now, his son isn't a huge star, but if he gets as famous as he wants him to be, then some of his thoughts need to be a bit filtered.

In the meantime...that shit FUNNY! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 8 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

He a funny dude, I see what he be trying to do when he be saying half the shit he be saying. He just trying to keep the pressure of Danny, but one day he's going to talk that g shit and it's not going to end well for Danny. I don't see Danny going undefeated in his career, he's too ordinary

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:38 AM