IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DELAHOYA SAYS MAYWEATHER AFRAID OF ALVAREZ, afraid to fight him???
mgrover
post Apr 12 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #81

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 12 2013, 02:43 AM) *
Floyd is not Canelo's daddy so using you vs your father is NOT a reasonable comparison. It is rather insulting that you would make that comparison. Like I said, Canelo has a bunch of good fights available for him. If Floyd doesn't want to fight...that's fine. Canelo will go on with his career.

And I don't know how valid the "Canelo needs to prove himself in a PPV event" argument is when the guy Floyd hand-picked to fight has even less "star power" than Canelo. And who is Canelo going to fight in the fall if not Canelo? Devon Alexander? Zab Judah? Danny Garcia? Andre Berto? LoL....not a PPV star if you combined the fanbases of all 4 fighters.

I don't think Floyd is scared...but I think he has no intention of fighting in the fall. He is a once a year fighter at this point. My guess is that he fights the winner of Judah-Garcia in the fall if he happens to fight and then we may see Canelo-Floyd in May of 2014 or 2015.

Course he's not his father, I said hand that feeds him. By being on Mayweathers undercard that's who clearly brought in the money
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 12 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #82

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 12 2013, 10:11 AM) *
If he hasn't been calling his shots on his own career before then he certainly is now. GBP did not want him to fight Trout, but Canelo had the balls to step up and do it. I think that is a good thing and I can't imagine you think it is a bad thing. He is only 22, but if he can start calling shots in his own career at a young age then you are better off doing it. I think we can all agree that Canelo taking the Trout fight against GBP's wishes is a GOOD thing.

Canelo vs Trout would have been the biggest true undercard fight that I can ever remember. Can you think of one better? One that means more? A young potential star against the best fighter in his class? This would be like Fernando Vargas vs Winky Wright had Winky beaten Mosley the fight before facing Vargas. Everyone knew Trout was dangerous...he proved it and got more name value by handling Cotto the way Wright handled Mosley.

There are only 3 ways Canelo could have handled the Floyd offer...

1. Turn it down and just ignore Mayweather Promotions and move on to your own fight with Trout

2. Make a counter-offer, knowing that if Floyd turned it down then you will move on to make your own fight with Trout

3. Accept the undercard offer, continue to try and live off of Floyd's fame, and turn down your own event with Trout while likely taking less money in the process. You also turn down a chance to fight in front of 30,000-40,000 people that are there to see YOU.

The only real options are 1 and 2. I guess you are insulted that Canelo even came back with a counter-offer. Ok...I am not. I honestly would think that you wouldn't be that sensitive about it. Boxing is a business...remember?

IT IS HOW HE DID IT!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:04 AM