IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ref and the Judges for May 4th/Mayweather Interview, Good Selection?
mrchitown
post Apr 10 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 10 2013, 09:04 AM) *
LMAO @ Bayless and his "That's a HARD WARNING!" I think he's the best in the sport but my favorite is probably Tony Weeks. Byrd isn't bad though. Duane Ford is a big suspect to me.

As for that Zab Judah knock down...really. That's getting "dropped"? That's about as close to getting dropped as the time Floyd took a knee lol

Sue Me lmao
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 10 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 10 2013, 12:56 AM) *
Zab dropped his ass and didn't get credit, that glove touched the canvas..it was an obvious blown call

yup.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 10 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 10 2013, 01:00 AM) *
He dropped him with those dirty boxing tactics though, he aint dropping Floyd, I'd be more surprised if he did but anything can happen but I don't see that happening. Berto had an identity crisis right before our eyesI don't think his power is all that impressive at 147. He beat a unknown in Aydin and ate pointless shots, he beat a mentally weak Berto coming off a year layoff and he ate pointless shots..no impressive. He did what he was supposed to do. I know he's game but I need more evidenced as to him putting Mayweather on the canvas because using Berto as a measuring stick is pointless...the stuff he did in that Berto fight won't work in this one

berto is a big dude who actually fought at 152 in the amateurs. floyd is smaller. guerrero is going to bang the body and shoulders. if floyd stays in the pocket to roll and pick off shots...it's very possible that he gets stunned or dropped. guerrero is a much sharper puncher than ortiz, cotto or shane at this point.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 10 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Read the third paragraph, that's whats wrong with boxing. I mean come on fight hype.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 10 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2013, 03:09 PM) *
berto is a big dude who actually fought at 152 in the amateurs. floyd is smaller. guerrero is going to bang the body and shoulders. if floyd stays in the pocket to roll and pick off shots...it's very possible that he gets stunned or dropped. guerrero is a much sharper puncher than ortiz, cotto or shane at this point.

Yeah Guerrero is sharp but he fights too flat footed now, that's not a good thing. I wouldn't be too shocked if he won but I don't think he will, but I'd definitely be shocked if he dropped Mayweather. Berto was never anything special. There's nothing comparable to him and Floyd and like I keep saying, Robert has not impressed me in his 2 fights at 147. I give him credit for those dirty KD's but I can't put to much stock in him knocking down a hype job by HBO

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 10 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 10 2013, 05:21 PM) *
Read the third paragraph, that's whats wrong with boxing. I mean come on fight hype.

That's a press release, blame GB not fighthype

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 10 2013, 08:37 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 06:16 AM) *
Name one fighter that has NEVER touched the canvas by the closing of their career. I'll wait...

Bayless is my dude! The way he talks is hilarious!

"You wanna continue???" "Okay, stop the wrestling gentleman!"

Those facial expressions do the trick every time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If Cotto could not knock him on his ass I am not betting that Guerrero can do it either. The thing is you have to be in someone's range to be able to get knocked down. Now if he faces a Trout or someone of that weight with punching power or even a Thurman than maybe. Just maybe. I do not see Guerrero hurting to the point where May falls on his ass. If that happens then he may want to rethink his 30 month career plan.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 10 2013, 09:37 PM) *
If Cotto could not knock him on his ass I am not betting that Guerrero can do it either. The thing is you have to be in someone's range to be able to get knocked down. Now if he faces a Trout or someone of that weight with punching power or even a Thurman than maybe. Just maybe. I do not see Guerrero hurting to the point where May falls on his ass. If that happens then he may want to rethink his 30 month career plan.

Again, ANYBODY can hit the deck, and every great fighter has.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 10 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 06:51 PM) *
Again, ANYBODY can hit the deck, and every great fighter has.

Not saying they can but my money isn't on Guerrero to be that person to do it.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 10 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #30

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I think was Floyd leaving himself open throwing a right hand lead and then getting dropped by a counter right hook from Judah. Getting dropped is an overstatement, he slipped and his glove slightly touched the canvas, but since he slipped due to result of a punch, it was a legitimate KD. The other time is when he fought Carlos Hernandez, broke his hand during an exchange and purposely touched his glove on the canvas, got him counted for a KD. Both are legit KDs, but it's usually not the kind of KDs people expect, like actually being wobbled and flustered by a punch and then hitting the canvas.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:14 AM