IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ref and the Judges for May 4th/Mayweather Interview, Good Selection?
Jack 1000
post Apr 11 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #41

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

It was Jerry Roth, not Duane Ford in Mayweather-Castillo I. The others were John Keene from England and Anek Hontongkam from Thailand. All had Mayweather well in front.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 12 2013, 02:04 AM
Post #42

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 11 2013, 08:01 PM) *
All sports have some form of corruption, it's just Boxing's is the only one that doesn't have a punishment system in place. The crooks get off free in Boxing, in other sports they'll be judged and sentenced accordingly

True Chi...very true, there's corruption everywhere. But I think boxing is corrupt on so many levels, in ways other sports are not and never were. It's in the fabric of the sport. An old timer once told me that though the "mob" (in the sense of organized crime bosses, etc.) has changed/evolved...boxing is still "mob" owned/run. And that mob has a strangle-hold on the sport and too much money invested to let go easily.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 12 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 12 2013, 02:04 AM) *
True Chi...very true, there's corruption everywhere. But I think boxing is corrupt on so many levels, in ways other sports are not and never were. It's in the fabric of the sport. An old timer once told me that though the "mob" (in the sense of organized crime bosses, etc.) has changed/evolved...boxing is still "mob" owned/run. And that mob has a strangle-hold on the sport and too much money invested to let go easily.

Really? Damn, you just dropped some knowledge on me...but I totally agree, boxing needs a makeover badly. It's the only sport where the criminals just breeze thru and if they are caught they get off with a slap on the wrist

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 09:02 PM