IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!, Fight Will Be On PPV and Closed Circuit! (Topics Merged)
Who Wins Mayweather-Guerrero
Pick The Winner!
Mayweaather by decision (close) [ 8 ] ** [57.14%]
Mayweather by decision (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Guerrero by decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

Dolimite
post Apr 10 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

ADMIN NOTE: FIGHT WILL BE SHOWN ON BOTH CLOSED CIRCUIT FOR ABOUT $20 PER TICKET, OR ON PPV FOR $60-$70 PER SUB.

CLOSED CIRCUIT LOCATIONS HERE:

http://www.fathomevents.com/#!may-day-...e-info/theaters

(Also, see my post on page 11)

Jack

Administrator

Common will be the voice for the narration. Great choice and a new idea. I really wonder how Showtime will show a different Mayweather. I wonder if Robert will come across like an egotistical Christian asshole? Either way I am excited. We should keep this Thread open until the final Camp 360. I would love to hear yawls perspective on how the first episode as well as the ones to follow goes and how it compares to 24/7. Enjoy fellas (and ladies if there are any out there).

Guerrero came across like a bitter person which is not a good look. All the shit he was saying sounded more jealous than anything. It reminded me of the scene from Harlem Nights when the cop was in Sugar's Ray apartment and he was pissed of all the things Sugar Ray hand. Damn shame. Kids not only look up to Mayweather Guerrero, so do other boxers, are they wrong?

Common did a pretty good job.

Mayweather was seen in a different light. Not as much flashy which is cool. I liked hearing from both his father and uncle. Interesting enough Miss Jackson was missing, Mr. Chitown and DaProfessor, told she has been given her walking papers. Good first episode.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 10 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Bruh, you just won me some money lol. My girl said you wouldn't open in another Mayweather thread and I told her you would, she be over my shoulder watching me post sometime. Obviously she didn't pay attention because you always starting Floyd threads. She pissed she got to pay me now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

With that said, we got to merge these Mayweather-Guerrero threads, it's too many of them right now. And change the thread title, it's all access not fight camp 360

Having Common as the narrator was a great decision, his voice was perfect for the series. Seeing Mayweather go back to his original stomping grounds was nice, when I saw Guerrero pushing his truck in that field I could see why he carried his gun, he looks like he likes to have fun and relax that way

I think my suspicions were correct about his training and all these media obligations. He was visibly frustrated with the media requirements, he admitted that he needed to train and said it was 2 days or something like that of him doing the media rounds. But I can't wait to see the next episode where Floyd talks about him getting arrested

The whole episode he was talking about humbling and that mess happens. What makes me like Guerrero is his devotion to his wife, he has to be commended for that. I'm glad her cancer is in remission and just hearing her talk about it was sad to me..Oh and he better get that Olympic medal out that house if he wants to ever see it again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) But don't let Grandma Mayweather catch you cuz she'll crack yo muthafuckin head (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 10 2013, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2013, 10:29 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 10 2013, 11:06 PM) *
Bruh, you just won me some money lol. My girl said you wouldn't open in another Mayweather thread and I told her you would, she be over my shoulder watching me post sometime. Obviously she didn't pay attention because you always starting Floyd threads. She pissed she got to pay me now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

With that said, we got to merge these Mayweather-Guerrero threads, it's too many of them right now. And change the thread title, it's all access not fight camp 360

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/tumblr_mie8eb14wp1qdxi7ro3_250_zps8b30c812.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 10 2013, 11:10 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Shels you a damn fool lmao

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 10 2013, 11:10 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

hahaha yeah man, you can always keep it all in one thread.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 11 2013, 05:48 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 10 2013, 08:10 PM) *
hahaha yeah man, you can always keep it all in one thread.

I have no idea how to do that if I did I would have done that,

Mr. Chitown, what ever your lady owes you I want my cut. I feel that this is what people were going to talk about anyway, on the contrary if I didn't bring it up someone would. Next I will for that other person.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 11 2013, 07:22 AM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Just saw it.. sure knows how to build suspense.

Mayweather really is at the pinnacle of Boxing, I thought he had money problems, but damn. Loved seeing his Grand mother and his lil bit in Grand Rapids. Always gotta remember where you came from. "I won alotta money because of you, money team!". I didn't know Broner was at the commercial shooting "You took my easy work!" haha these dudes be clowning.

Guerrero does seem really determined, he seems like he could be a cool dude, i like him more than ortiz. He got played on that 2 day media blitz. When he was out those 48+ hours, Mayweather with his 3-a-days already workout 6 more times than him. And has been ahead, Guerrero was looking too flabby at the commercial, I dont get why people only go to training camp right before the fight. Thats stupid, cramming like that is like studying for a test the day before, he still have 3 weeks but he needs to stop worrying all about Mayweather and just worry about himself.

They gonna sell the **** outta this fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 11 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You knew it wouldn't be right if Dolimite wasn't the first to open this thread, but yeah man, this is like your 6th Mayweather thread since the fight's been announced. It's all good though!

Anyhow, it was pretty much what I expected, flashy Mayweather, dull opponent. I can't truly give Robert the "dull" title, because he was talking some smack, and his arrest actually added some substance to the segment.

I personally feel like they should've left us hanging when they showed JFK and said that Robert had been arrested...it would've kept viewers at the edge of their seat til episode 2.

Though Robert isn't the most marketable opponent, Floyd's team knows how to market his fights. The whole CBS/Showtime deal, the arrest, and the layoff has given this fight a story line and a reason to be somewhat interested. I'm surprised that they showed more of Robert training, than they did Floyd's training...highly unusual.

Seriously though, I almost wanted to come to tears when I saw Robert's wife and the shit that she has to go through. I just though that she was completely cancer free, or is that considered "in remission" nowadays? Help me out here. I almost came to tears (of anger) when they doc told that I had to take blood pressure meds (which I no longer have, it was actually anxiety problems), because I know what that shit does to your body over time.

She has to take a million types of meds, and the side-effects/long-terms effects were actually worse than the cancer, or so it seemed. Sheesh. Other than that, Guerrero got stuck with the smoking gun with that press tour nonsense. That dude looked tired as hell, but I'm sure he'll pull through it...if there aren't any more tours left for him to attend.

Me and Professor chopped it up about Robert not letting the press and obligations throw him off course, but it's a catch 22...either you make the most of the platform (which happens to be the biggest platform of his career), or you could decline it all and miss out. It's a hard decision to make. We all saw Ortiz fall victim to those media obligations, but what doesn't make that dude fold? LOL

PS: Is it me, or does Showtime just know how to make shit look super serious? Maybe it's their production quality or somethin', but the Michigan scene with snow made the whole segment look serious as hell. I mean serious in a cool way. 24/7 seemed a bit too flashy, regardless of which fighter was on it. "It had that whole "Yes, we're the best sports documentary out right now" look going on.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that ass cowboy Broner being at the photo shoot. What a lame. Didn't he fold up like a little sissy when Guerrero got in his face a while back? He's just too much of a follower for me, sorry.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 11 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2013, 06:27 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You knew it wouldn't be right if Dolimite wasn't the first to open this thread, but yeah man, this is like your 6th Mayweather thread since the fight's been announced. It's all good though!

Anyhow, it was pretty much what I expected, flashy Mayweather, dull opponent. I can't truly give Robert the "dull" title, because he was talking some smack, and his arrest actually added some substance to the segment.

I personally feel like they should've left us hanging when they showed JFK and said that Robert had been arrested...it would've kept viewers at the edge of their seat til episode 2.

Though Robert isn't the most marketable opponent, Floyd's team knows how to market his fights. The whole CBS/Showtime deal, the arrest, and the layoff has given this fight a story line and a reason to be somewhat interested. I'm surprised that they showed more of Robert training, than they did Floyd's training...highly unusual.

Seriously though, I almost wanted to come to tears when I saw Robert's wife and the shit that she has to go through. I just though that she was completely cancer free, or is that considered "in remission" nowadays? Help me out here. I almost came to tears (of anger) when they doc told that I had to take blood pressure meds (which I no longer have, it was actually anxiety problems), because I know what that shit does to your body over time.

She has to take a million types of meds, and the side-effects/long-terms effects were actually worse than the cancer, or so it seemed. Sheesh. Other than that, Guerrero got stuck with the smoking gun with that press tour nonsense. That dude looked tired as hell, but I'm sure he'll pull through it...if there aren't any more tours left for him to attend.

Me and Professor chopped it up about Robert not letting the press and obligations throw him off course, but it's a catch 22...either you make the most of the platform (which happens to be the biggest platform of his career), or you could decline it all and miss out. It's a hard decision to make. We all saw Ortiz fall victim to those media obligations, but what doesn't make that dude fold? LOL

PS: Is it me, or does Showtime just know how to make shit look super serious? Maybe it's their production quality or somethin', but the Michigan scene with snow made the whole segment look serious as hell. I mean serious in a cool way. 24/7 seemed a bit too flashy, regardless of which fighter was on it. "It had that whole "Yes, we're the best sports documentary out right now" look going on.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that ass cowboy Broner being at the photo shoot. What a lame. Didn't he fold up like a little sissy when Guerrero got in his face a while back? He's just too much of a follower for me, sorry.

Has it been 6? This will be my last one promise. But they have been relevant. I liked Common's voice for this series. Robert just came across as a prick. And when has boxing been a gentleman's sport? That is called golf and tennis. I enjoyed seeing Senior Guerrero, that hat brought back memories of the old school Mexican low riding gangsters. Floyd was Floyd but turned down, which was refreshing. Good to see Sr. and Roger in the gym. Floyd's build looks massive.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 11 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Watching Guerrero train is like watching paint dry. I know this was shot weeks ago but Guerrero looks chubby. He doesnt look sharp at all. He doesnt look technically sound hitting the bag. Hes standing up too straight. His jab is lazy in fact I saw a couple of backhands. The difference in class is greater than I thought. If Guerrero makes it to the 9th round ill be surprized.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Apr 11 2013, 01:36 PM

+Quote Post

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:56 AM