IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!, Fight Will Be On PPV and Closed Circuit! (Topics Merged)
Who Wins Mayweather-Guerrero
Pick The Winner!
Mayweaather by decision (close) [ 8 ] ** [57.14%]
Mayweather by decision (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Guerrero by decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

Hotsauce
post May 3 2013, 03:02 AM
Post #221

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 3 2013, 02:19 AM) *
After watching the press conference I'm starting to get more interested in this bout. Robert looks extremely strung out and pissed. I think the whole promotion, gun charge,cutting weight and Floyds mind games have already taken there toll on him. Mayweather looks relaxed and wants to get the show on the road. Just another day at the office. Rueban is a character. He obviously cares about his son and you cant blame him for making the most of the spotlight.

not surprsied. this is his first time being in this type of fight. i would be tired myself if i had all these cameras following me, i know floyd has to get tired of it himself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 3 2013, 12:09 PM
Post #222

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

My take on the fight, DaProfessor and Chitown don't be too harsh on my critique.

Guerrero: Robert Guerrero literally willed himself into getting this fight. He spoke it into existence and now he got actually want he asked for. Watching his past two fights against Berto and Aydin (Spelling is wrong) I notice two things: he is a high volume you puncher that comes straight forward and leaves himself wide open and his eyes swell very easy, especially the left one. He will take three or four shots just to get one big shot off. His foot work is okay;however, he tends to gas out in the middle rounds. He wills himself to win and he has a heart of a fighter. Even win he is bloody and hurt he still fights like it is the first round. Guerrero truly believes that he was sent to beat the devil. He believes that his belief will give him a win over Mayweather. Belief can be a powerful thing in sports. Look at Ray Lewis, he said all a long that his team was destine to win the Superbowl and they did. Robert Guerrero maybe the only person with the exception of a hand full of people that believes that he will win. I applaud him for that. His strategy should be: balls to the wall. He needs to throw everything at Mayweather including the kitchen sink. He needs to jab, throw to the body, a few left hooks and even dance around Mayweather to pot shot him. He should also try to get him to trade shots with him in the middle of the ring and especially in the corner. Robert has the heart to win but he also needs to use his tools. I believe that he will not make the weight for the official weigh in and that may play with his mind however he should know that he does have youth on his side, youth will only play a part as long as his body and stamina can keep up with his desire to win. If Robert does pull off the upset it will be due to high punching activity and connect rate, he has to show the judges that he has been tagging Mayweather all night. Guerrero looks tired and a little stressed. The moment seems to overwhelm him. His father is basking in the light, Robert should pull a Danny Garcia and let his father do all the talking for him. This way he can get some rest and have the pressure taken off of him. With all the talking he has been doing he has to back it up, majorly. Guerrero will come out wanting to prove that he belongs in the same ring as the great Satan. He will try to impose his will on Mayweather from the very beginning. This can be a great thing if he does not get frustrated if he does not get the results he wants. He is going to try to hurt Mayweather early so I will be looking for some big shots early from Guerrero. he has to remember not to gas himself out if he does, that is his ass. Guerrero has to be patient and methodical. He needs to find the openings that are there and create opportunity. Throw the jab and wait to see what May gives him. He should not punch punch punch, he should jab, jab jab and then find his opening to the body. if he works Mayweather's body he should find holes in May's defense. Guerrero has a large hill to climb but it can be done. Ruben must not lead his son astray. He also needs to stay calm in the corner and give his son sound advice.

Mayweather: He is in physical top condition; he is going 12 rounds no problem. Mayweather is going to look to shut down any confidence Robert has from the very first ring. He is going to show him who is the big dog ring. he is going to display his defense and then slowly break down Guerrero's confidence by hitting him whenever he pleases and then not getting his. He will also show Guerrero that he can take a punch and to prove it in round 6 maybe 7 he is going to square his body and go toe to toe. This will be Guerrero's moment to shine but unfortunately uppercut and the body shot is going to dispel any hopes of getting that knock out heard around the world. Mayweather will use the strategy that he used against Corrales. He will be an offensive machine but at the same time be the elusive fighter that he is known to be. Mayweather has to take his time and force Guerrero into his fight because Guerrero is not going to bend or break that easy. Mayweather should see that Guerrero tiring in the mid rounds from there it will be a Hatton type fight. Now he could go the Emmanuel Burton route of fighting but his daddy will not allow it. His corner needs to be united. Roger and Sr. need to work together and not step on each other's toes. A calm corner is a calm fighter. Mentally Mayweather seems to be in a very good space. His children are with him he is not beefing with his dad and mainly he is focused and happy. This can either be a great sign or a dangerous one. A dangerous sign because he can go in the fight lax and honky doory but if he is still cagey and wants to shut up the Guerreros for all their shit talking... watch out.

One more day Gentlemen, one more day! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #223

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 3 2013, 03:19 AM) *
After watching the press conference I'm starting to get more interested in this bout. Robert looks extremely strung out and pissed. I think the whole promotion, gun charge,cutting weight and Floyds mind games have already taken there toll on him. Mayweather looks relaxed and wants to get the show on the road. Just another day at the office. Rueban is a character. He obviously cares about his son and you cant blame him for making the most of the spotlight.

i didn't get that at all.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #224

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 3 2013, 01:09 PM) *
My take on the fight, DaProfessor and Chitown don't be too harsh on my critique.

Guerrero: Robert Guerrero literally willed himself into getting this fight. He spoke it into existence and now he got actually want he asked for. Watching his past two fights against Berto and Aydin (Spelling is wrong) I notice two things: he is a high volume you puncher that comes straight forward and leaves himself wide open and his eyes swell very easy, especially the left one. He will take three or four shots just to get one big shot off. His foot work is okay;however, he tends to gas out in the middle rounds. He wills himself to win and he has a heart of a fighter. Even win he is bloody and hurt he still fights like it is the first round. Guerrero truly believes that he was sent to beat the devil. He believes that his belief will give him a win over Mayweather. Belief can be a powerful thing in sports. Look at Ray Lewis, he said all a long that his team was destine to win the Superbowl and they did. Robert Guerrero maybe the only person with the exception of a hand full of people that believes that he will win. I applaud him for that. His strategy should be: balls to the wall. He needs to throw everything at Mayweather including the kitchen sink. He needs to jab, throw to the body, a few left hooks and even dance around Mayweather to pot shot him. He should also try to get him to trade shots with him in the middle of the ring and especially in the corner. Robert has the heart to win but he also needs to use his tools. I believe that he will not make the weight for the official weigh in and that may play with his mind however he should know that he does have youth on his side, youth will only play a part as long as his body and stamina can keep up with his desire to win. If Robert does pull off the upset it will be due to high punching activity and connect rate, he has to show the judges that he has been tagging Mayweather all night. Guerrero looks tired and a little stressed. The moment seems to overwhelm him. His father is basking in the light, Robert should pull a Danny Garcia and let his father do all the talking for him. This way he can get some rest and have the pressure taken off of him. With all the talking he has been doing he has to back it up, majorly. Guerrero will come out wanting to prove that he belongs in the same ring as the great Satan. He will try to impose his will on Mayweather from the very beginning. This can be a great thing if he does not get frustrated if he does not get the results he wants. He is going to try to hurt Mayweather early so I will be looking for some big shots early from Guerrero. he has to remember not to gas himself out if he does, that is his ass. Guerrero has to be patient and methodical. He needs to find the openings that are there and create opportunity. Throw the jab and wait to see what May gives him. He should not punch punch punch, he should jab, jab jab and then find his opening to the body. if he works Mayweather's body he should find holes in May's defense. Guerrero has a large hill to climb but it can be done. Ruben must not lead his son astray. He also needs to stay calm in the corner and give his son sound advice.

Mayweather: He is in physical top condition; he is going 12 rounds no problem. Mayweather is going to look to shut down any confidence Robert has from the very first ring. He is going to show him who is the big dog ring. he is going to display his defense and then slowly break down Guerrero's confidence by hitting him whenever he pleases and then not getting his. He will also show Guerrero that he can take a punch and to prove it in round 6 maybe 7 he is going to square his body and go toe to toe. This will be Guerrero's moment to shine but unfortunately uppercut and the body shot is going to dispel any hopes of getting that knock out heard around the world. Mayweather will use the strategy that he used against Corrales. He will be an offensive machine but at the same time be the elusive fighter that he is known to be. Mayweather has to take his time and force Guerrero into his fight because Guerrero is not going to bend or break that easy. Mayweather should see that Guerrero tiring in the mid rounds from there it will be a Hatton type fight. Now he could go the Emmanuel Burton route of fighting but his daddy will not allow it. His corner needs to be united. Roger and Sr. need to work together and not step on each other's toes. A calm corner is a calm fighter. Mentally Mayweather seems to be in a very good space. His children are with him he is not beefing with his dad and mainly he is focused and happy. This can either be a great sign or a dangerous one. A dangerous sign because he can go in the fight lax and honky doory but if he is still cagey and wants to shut up the Guerreros for all their shit talking... watch out.

One more day Gentlemen, one more day! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

good job homie. pretty much on point.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 3 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #225

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

All the shits Roberts been talking I don't mind as long as he backs it up, but I don't mean get the win, I mean as long as he's there not just for the pay check, as long as he's doing what he said he would. He said he's a multidimensional fighter, I want to see that.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #226

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 3 2013, 04:57 PM) *
All the shits Roberts been talking I don't mind as long as he backs it up, but I don't mean get the win, I mean as long as he's there not just for the pay check, as long as he's doing what he said he would. He said he's a multidimensional fighter, I want to see that.

he is when he wants to be. go back and watch some of his fights.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 3 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #227

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 3 2013, 10:31 PM) *
he is when he wants to be. go back and watch some of his fights.

with the amount of revision am doing for uni, I have no time to do homework for this fight lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #228

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 3 2013, 06:15 PM) *
with the amount of revision am doing for uni, I have no time to do homework for this fight lol

does your school have a boxing club? i know it's popular in the uk. i've heard that oxford and a few others have had boxing clubs for years.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post May 3 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #229

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 3 2013, 01:49 PM) *
i didn't get that at all.

Guerrero looks ready to fight, no doubt about it, but the lights may have gotten to him. Lets see what he does tomorrow night. If the moment gets to him he's gonna be countered all night long and lose a lopsided decision. I see him making Mayweather fight more than he wants, but the skillz and experience will be the deciding factor. Mayweather Wins by UD around the 116-112 range.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 3 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #230

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

WOW!!!

One of my best friends and boxing buddies sent me his pick..........Guerrero SD!!!! He thinks Floyd's inactivity will be a factor and Robert is gonna be super motivated and can crack! He thinks Floyd is gonna suffer a bad cut along the way! I said that I think he is maybe one of three people to pick The Ghost, but one thing is for sure. The Ghost is pumped!

Jack

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 05:06 PM