IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!, Fight Will Be On PPV and Closed Circuit! (Topics Merged)
Who Wins Mayweather-Guerrero
Pick The Winner!
Mayweaather by decision (close) [ 8 ] ** [57.14%]
Mayweather by decision (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Guerrero by decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

Dolimite
post Apr 18 2013, 07:00 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 17 2013, 08:11 PM) *
Cool episode but in all honesty, I'm looking forward to the next one where Floyd talks about Guerrero's skills. He said some of the exact same things I've been trying to tell people about Guerrero, he fights too flat footed since he's moved up to welter. You WILL NOT beat Floyd that way and his best shot is to pressure Floyd and we all know Floyd feasts on them types

That whole younger stronger stuff is just talk, anyone with common sense knows that's not the end all be all because if that's the case the youngins would be running things but they not for the most part. That jail talk Reuben was spitting was wacker then a chief keef verse, he an old man talking like a bird bitch, shit's disgusting. Anybody who brags on jail like that needs to have their mental state examined...the more the Guerreo's talk the more I can't wait for them to take this L and take their paycheck and go back to obscurity

Exactly Chi, who the hell brags about going to jail. Your balls isn't bigger because you served time hardly. Not only that but they usually put high profile people in seclusion. This guy is a joke. And he doesn't sound very Christian to me. Guerrero with all his speech and shit is annoying me. He said Floyd runs like a chicken which I know he expects Floyd to stand in front of him so he can poke him in the eye with his thumb. I am actually tired of this guy I like his confidence but his shitty attitude is annoying me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 18 2013, 08:42 AM
Post #52

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 07:56 AM) *
Waffle House hits when you are trying not to pass out. I actually like their pecan waffles but my spot for breakfast is Thumbs Up Diner, I love that place. I use to frequent Pastries A Go Go but I realized I hated their food and when one of m friends took me to Thumbs Up Diner, I was like this is the joint. But Waffle House isn't bad, hell Mayweather eats Taco Bell so what the hell. I was wondering who Sr. was singing to, Johnny Taylor! It was good seeing Roger. Real good.

I frequent Thumb's Up because it's near my job, and I must admit, that food will keep a brotha full ALL day long. Lol

I thought Floyd was at that Poco Loco drive-thru like he was on 24/7, now THAT shit was funny! Anyhow, who doesn't eat Taco Bell??? I could give a damn what people say about how its made, because I used to work there many moons ago. I can NEVER turn my back on Taco Bell! LOL

I was actually happy to see Roger, looks like he's doing better. I dont know if anybody saw the media workouts yesterday, but Roger and Floyd were doing pad work, and it seemed like Roger couldn't keep up at one point, but they did stop a few times because it seemed like they were on two different pages with the mitt patterns.

I may have looked to much into it though. I've seen the best trainers have to stop and regroup because them and the fighter were off a bit. I'm just not used to seeing Floyd and Roger do that. Anyhow, Floyd went HARD on the mitts and the body work...I mean HARD.

Robert STILL looked a bit chunky at the media workout. I mean shit dude, the fight is in 2 weeks, WTF are you doing? He still had a shit on and everything, smh. I hope this dude makes weight. He's begged for this payday, and I'd like to see him get his whole check. Sadly enough, he has some upcoming legal fees, maybe some past due medical bills, and a high possibility of losing some of his purse at the weigh-in.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #53

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2013, 05:42 AM) *
I frequent Thumb's Up because it's near my job, and I must admit, that food will keep a brotha full ALL day long. Lol

I thought Floyd was at that Poco Loco drive-thru like he was on 24/7, now THAT shit was funny! Anyhow, who doesn't eat Taco Bell??? I could give a damn what people say about how its made, because I used to work there many moons ago. I can NEVER turn my back on Taco Bell! LOL

I was actually happy to see Roger, looks like he's doing better. I dont know if anybody saw the media workouts yesterday, but Roger and Floyd were doing pad work, and it seemed like Roger couldn't keep up at one point, but they did stop a few times because it seemed like they were on two different pages with the mitt patterns.

I may have looked to much into it though. I've seen the best trainers have to stop and regroup because them and the fighter were off a bit. I'm just not used to seeing Floyd and Roger do that. Anyhow, Floyd went HARD on the mitts and the body work...I mean HARD.

Robert STILL looked a bit chunky at the media workout. I mean shit dude, the fight is in 2 weeks, WTF are you doing? He still had a shit on and everything, smh. I hope this dude makes weight. He's begged for this payday, and I'd like to see him get his whole check. Sadly enough, he has some upcoming legal fees, maybe some past due medical bills, and a high possibility of losing some of his purse at the weigh-in.

I just finished watching The Mitt workout, in the beginning they looked great but I guess Roger tires a little faster. Floyd looks incredibly focused. The irony of Guerrero not making weight for this fight would be the icing on the cake. I can not wait for the press conference and the weigh ins! I am having a Mexican type of spread on May 4th. I may even watch the shit in Spanish!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 12:44 PM) *
I just finished watching The Mitt workout, in the beginning they looked great but I guess Roger tires a little faster. Floyd looks incredibly focused. The irony of Guerrero not making weight for this fight would be the icing on the cake. I can not wait for the press conference and the weigh ins! I am having a Mexican type of spread on May 4th. I may even watch the shit in Spanish!

that's the spirit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

u know real mexicans don't celebrate cinco de mayo? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #55

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 07:00 AM) *
Exactly Chi, who the hell brags about going to jail. Your balls isn't bigger because you served time hardly. Not only that but they usually put high profile people in seclusion. This guy is a joke. And he doesn't sound very Christian to me. Guerrero with all his speech and shit is annoying me. He said Floyd runs like a chicken which I know he expects Floyd to stand in front of him so he can poke him in the eye with his thumb. I am actually tired of this guy I like his confidence but his shitty attitude is annoying me.

he sounded real dumb saying that, and if he been in jail like he say he has then he would know that they don't put you in general pop or g-pop as we call it here in the Chi...they don't put you in there when your a celebrity or have some sort of fame. Some celebs have actually asked to be put in g-pop but were denied. Who the fuck knew Reuben Guerrero, they just threw his dumb ass in with the rest of the wolves lol.

That whole running thing, I think it's obvious why he said that. When a fighter knows they can't outslick someone or box them, they call them a runner..see Rios for an example. Anybody who doesn't stand and trade with them and fall into their game plan is a runner. He knows he's going to have to apply pressure to win and Floyd knows he will attempt to do so

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

The media day workouts were night and day, one was all business and the other seemed like a publicity fest. Guerrero answered more questions then he actually did work, and he did look somewhat still outta shape still. Mayweather was an animal on the heavy bag, I've always respected the work he puts in on the mitts but his bag work is insane. I think Roger is doing better but maybe he still has some lingering effects of his illness. He did have to stop a bit. But his mind is still sharp and that's what counts

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #57

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2013, 08:42 AM) *

Seemed like there was a bit of tension happening at the MBC yesterday. Floyd was a slight cranky...a bit annoyed with his publicist and the length of the interviews. He wanted to work! (Which tells a lot about where his mind is right now). I think Robert is going to get a severe beating on May 4th. Floyd is fierce right now.

I agree that Roger may have slowed just a hair...but I think the couple of times when rhythm was off was more due to Floyd's increase in intensity. He's in beast mode.

I'm pleased that Sr. is in camp to make sure Floyd doesn't overtrain. If there's such a thing for a real athlete...who's virtually always training on some level.

But I'm not pleased about the slight tension between the brothers. Wish they would get that together. My family's close, so I don't get it...but I understand it.

Meanwhile, Robert's Media Workout was all media and no workout....smh.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2013, 05:35 PM
Post #58

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 12:19 PM) *
The media day workouts were night and day, one was all business and the other seemed like a publicity fest. Guerrero answered more questions then he actually did work, and he did look somewhat still outta shape still. Mayweather was an animal on the heavy bag, I've always respected the work he puts in on the mitts but his bag work is insane. I think Roger is doing better but maybe he still has some lingering effects of his illness. He did have to stop a bit. But his mind is still sharp and that's what counts

Remember how Guerrero said that he would not fall for Floyd's mental games? He has because he rather talk than actually get his fat ass up and work. Game. Set. Match! This guy.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #59

Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 02:16 PM) *
he sounded real dumb saying that, and if he been in jail like he say he has then he would know that they don't put you in general pop or g-pop as we call it here in the Chi...they don't put you in there when your a celebrity or have some sort of fame. Some celebs have actually asked to be put in g-pop but were denied. Who the fuck knew Reuben Guerrero, they just threw his dumb ass in with the rest of the wolves lol.

That whole running thing, I think it's obvious why he said that. When a fighter knows they can't outslick someone or box them, they call them a runner..see Rios for an example. Anybody who doesn't stand and trade with them and fall into their game plan is a runner. He knows he's going to have to apply pressure to win and Floyd knows he will attempt to do so

I so agree with your analysis on the "running" comment. Came out of nowhere considering how Floyd has sat in the pocket more in recent fights. Either Floyd's legs are gone or he's a runner. You can't have it both ways, Robert.

As for Sr. G, he's making Robert look bad with some of the crazy coming out of his mouth. Smh.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 02:19 PM) *

Chi...but did you see (and hear) how hard Floyd was hitting those mitts?! I would have tired too! Lol

That wasnt the diabetes. Floyd was burning through poor Roger's hands!! Lol

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #60

Flyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Remember how Guerrero said that he would not fall for Floyd's mental games? He has because he rather talk than actually get his fat ass up and work. Game. Set. Match! This guy.

Lol. I think the Guerrero's are drowning in those bright lights. He criticized Ortiz (continues to do so every chance he gets)...but I see some more "stupid" coming from him before its all said and done. Hope it's not in the ring...

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 07:34 PM