IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!, Fight Will Be On PPV and Closed Circuit! (Topics Merged)
Who Wins Mayweather-Guerrero
Pick The Winner!
Mayweaather by decision (close) [ 8 ] ** [57.14%]
Mayweather by decision (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Guerrero by decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #71

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 08:51 PM) *
He was buzzed a few times in each of those fights. Yeah they may have more pop but you and I BOTH know that clean shots like the one Floyd throws can get him outta there. I'm confident in a Mayweather win, maybe not a KO but a win

i'm picking floyd to win too. he's going to have to walk through a shit storm to do it though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #72

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 08:14 PM) *
i'm picking floyd to win too. he's going to have to walk through a shit storm to do it though.

I agree with you, TBH the more I look at Guerrero's older fights and his 2 recent ones at Welter, I think he has a chance at an upset win but I'm still going with Floyd because Robert has been fighting flat footed and you know just as well as anybody else that he's a skilled boxer. I mean the guy can actually box but to beat Floyd he's going to have to apply smart pressure

In the end I see Mayweather's hand getting raised. Sure he's slowed down but it's something to be said about the power of the mind, he is so sharp mentally still that I believe his ring IQ will carry him to victory

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #73

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 09:25 PM) *
I agree with you, TBH the more I look at Guerrero's older fights and his 2 recent ones at Welter, I think he has a chance at an upset win but I'm still going with Floyd because Robert has been fighting flat footed and you know just as well as anybody else that he's a skilled boxer. I mean the guy can actually box but to beat Floyd he's going to have to apply smart pressure

In the end I see Mayweather's hand getting raised. Sure he's slowed down but it's something to be said about the power of the mind, he is so sharp mentally still that I believe his ring IQ will carry him to victory

i said cotto was going to have a good showing and a shot at a possible upset because he applied intelligent pressure. the thing about cotto...he was able to land on floyd more than anyone prior because he was going to the body. cotto's problem was that he doesn't take shots as well as he used to. the difference between him and robert is that robert goes to the body religously (pun intended) and he will get clean head shots as a result. the fact that i think he takes a better shot than cotto at this point...and i believe he's a sharper puncher at this point as well...will serve him well against floyd. of that list that was put out there...i think guerrero is the toughest opponent to take up front. i don't know that floyd is going to make it through this 6 fight deal unscathed.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #74

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 08:34 PM) *
i said cotto was going to have a good showing and a shot at a possible upset because he applied intelligent pressure. the thing about cotto...he was able to land on floyd more than anyone prior because he was going to the body. cotto's problem was that he doesn't take shots as well as he used to. the difference between him and robert is that robert goes to the body religously (pun intended) and he will get clean head shots as a result. the fact that i think he takes a better shot than cotto at this point...and i believe he's a sharper puncher at this point as well...will serve him well against floyd. of that list that was put out there...i think guerrero is the toughest opponent to take up front. i don't know that floyd is going to make it through this 6 fight deal unscathed.

You think he takes an L?

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #75

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 06:49 PM) *
You right you right, he was intense on those mitts lol

I find it funny how boxers who fight flat footed like Guerrero call others runners when in all honesty, it's not hard to get away from a flat footed pressure fighter

Agreed! And now (due to the infestation of casual/uneducated fans) in boxing (thanks Manny), we have this new school of thought that says brawling and taking punishment is cool...and skilled boxing and defense is uncool. So this, "He ran/will run" stuff is on an all time high. So now dudes just say it because they can. Smh. He wants to influence the mind of the uneducated fan and capitalize on the notion that Mayweather is a "runner".

But fans can't win you a fight. He better learn to cut of the ring! =)

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Have you seen his fat ass? Of course he's going to be bigger. He's 159 but the way his body looks is my issue, he needs to do more training and less talking. I didn't say he was going to stop him but he could. Your boy been taged by Aydin and Berto, he was hurt in BOTH his fights at welter. So don't think it's out the realm of possibility my friend. Just get ready for this L he about to take

Lol...I gotta agree here...less talking, more training. Man, I used to like Robert Guerrero. Not so much in the last couple years. And with each new interview or episode...less and less.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 11:37 PM
Post #76

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

I'm trying to see your point, Prof. But I look at this guy....and his mouth is saying one thing, while his eyes and body language seem to say another. His wife says: "Robert wants to be the best/Robert believes..." instead of "I believe/We want/He is..." So I don't think she's convinced he can win. Sr. G is a media whore...and isn't much of a trainer (in the traditional sense)...I don't think he has a game plan...And Robert was visibly annoyed with his father's theatrics on media day. Team Guerrero seems to be all over the place. I think these guys are running on a wing and a prayer.

And yes, 12 pounds is not so much to lose in 30 days, but doesn't 159 (30+ days into training) seem quite excessive for a guy who's been fighting at lightweight most of his career? And who just fought a few months ago.

I dunno...I just see a washout coming. Not just an outclassing...but I see a beating. I think you're right about the storm. But I think we'll see a Mayweather storm. And I'm still holding fast to my (very bold, almost premature lol) prediction that G gets knocked out within 10.

But who knows...maybe he'll color me surprised! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I think it's gonna be a great fight, regardless of the outcome.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #77

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 11:51 PM) *
You think he takes an L?

if he tries to get to that 6th fight...yes.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 19 2013, 12:15 AM) *
Agreed! And now (due to the infestation of casual/uneducated fans) in boxing (thanks Manny), we have this new school of thought that says brawling and taking punishment is cool...and skilled boxing and defense is uncool. So this, "He ran/will run" stuff is on an all time high. So now dudes just say it because they can. Smh. He wants to influence the mind of the uneducated fan and capitalize on the notion that Mayweather is a "runner".

But fans can't win you a fight. He better learn to cut of the ring! =)

Lol...I gotta agree here...less talking, more training. Man, I used to like Robert Guerrero. Not so much in the last couple years. And with each new interview or episode...less and less.

i still like the dude. i just see his change in persona as a way of realizing his days were numbered so he had to switch it up. the squeaky wheel gets the oil. had he stayed the course...and not switched it up by being more vocal...he'd be fighting for pennies and would never be in this situation.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #79

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 19 2013, 12:37 AM) *
I'm trying to see your point, Prof. But I look at this guy....and his mouth is saying one thing, while his eyes and body language seem to say another. His wife says: "Robert wants to be the best/Robert believes..." instead of "I believe/We want/He is..." So I don't think she's convinced he can win. Sr. G is a media whore...and isn't much of a trainer (in the traditional sense)...I don't think he has a game plan...And Robert was visibly annoyed with his father's theatrics on media day. Team Guerrero seems to be all over the place. I think these guys are running on a wing and a prayer.

And yes, 12 pounds is not so much to lose in 30 days, but doesn't 159 (30+ days into training) seem quite excessive for a guy who's been fighting at lightweight most of his career? And who just fought a few months ago.

I dunno...I just see a washout coming. Not just an outclassing...but I see a beating. I think you're right about the storm. But I think we'll see a Mayweather storm. And I'm still holding fast to my (very bold, almost premature lol) prediction that G gets knocked out within 10.

But who knows...maybe he'll color me surprised! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I think it's gonna be a great fight, regardless of the outcome.

10-12lbs a month out...that's pretty much on target. guerrero is mexican...his body isn't going to be ripped like floyds. it's not in his genes. i'll agree that his camp is a little all over the place and he doesn't have control of what his pops is going to say....but he seems to be taking it all in stride. he's always been a humble guy...so his body language really doesn't look much different to me. his words are definitely outside of the normal stuff he talks...but i believe that's all part of the promotion and what led to him getting this fight in the first place. he knows what he has to do....it's just going to come down to executing on the day of the fight. i believe he'll be prepared. he already does a lot of what is going to help him in the fight. he knows what floyd is capable of...and he can make adjustments himself. lets see what happens. i'll be shocked if floyd stops him.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 19 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #80

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

i said cotto was going to have a good showing and a shot at a possible upset because he applied intelligent pressure. the thing about cotto...he was able to land on floyd more than anyone prior because he was going to the body. cotto's problem was that he doesn't take shots as well as he used to. the difference between him and robert is that robert goes to the body religously (pun intended) and he will get clean head shots as a result. the fact that i think he takes a better shot than cotto at this point...and i believe he's a sharper puncher at this point as well...will serve him well against floyd. of that list that was put out there...i think guerrero is the toughest opponent to take up front. [b]i don't know that floyd is going to make it through this 6 fight deal unscathed.

i been thinking this for awhile. if he does the 6 fight deal, he's taking a L.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:47 AM