> time to put up or shut up
checkleft
post Apr 12 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

http://www.boxingscene.com/bernard-hopkins...e-i-baby--64337

B hop is calling gennady on his challenge. Lmao at boxingscene calling ggg "middleweight king". He's always talking about being ducked and this and that, let's see what happens now. I like golovkin but hbo is turning this dude into the next berto with all this hype, got people acting like he's a bulldozer and the guy hasn't fought a contender yet. Hopefully this quiets him and his camp up with all this duck talk

Ps. Props to b hop, he is eyeing Froch if he beats murat. This old timer isn't slowing it down one gear after beating cloud.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Apr 12 2013, 02:06 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mrchitown
post Apr 12 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Hopkins all day, I don't see what Golovkin does that gives Bernard trouble except his perceived power. People need to stop with the age stuff, it don't mean shit

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Apr 13 2013, 08:42 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 12 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Hopkins all day, I don't see what Golovkin does that gives Bernard trouble except his perceived power. People need to stop with the age stuff, it don't mean shit

Naw age means something..... That shit just doesn't apply to BHop for the most part.... Either way I do like GGG thus far but I just won't bet against Hopkins especially with him having a major weight advantage. If this fight were to get made (which I doubt) GGG will need more than just power. BHop is so great in his understanding of angles that GGG's ring IQ (and self control) will have to be on point.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 13 2013, 02:44 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 13 2013, 08:42 AM) *
Naw age means something..... That shit just doesn't apply to BHop for the most part.... Either way I do like GGG thus far but I just won't bet against Hopkins especially with him having a major weight advantage. If this fight were to get made (which I doubt) GGG will need more than just power. BHop is so great in his understanding of angles that GGG's ring IQ (and self control) will have to be on point.

To you but not to me. Hopkins broke that shit down perfectly. Age matters to fans, people need something to talk about. He always talks about how people say when will he get old? It matters to some but not to all

Age is literally just a number, and some fans of athletes tend to just by into it. And MG, your completely right, age don't mean shit. Taking care of yourself and putting in the time and dedication to stay sharp and perfect your craft does. If someone focuses on age and thinks it's a factor then they've already lost

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Apr 13 2013, 04:44 PM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 13 2013, 03:44 PM) *
To you but not to me. Hopkins broke that shit down perfectly. Age matters to fans, people need something to talk about. He always talks about how people say when will he get old? It matters to some but not to all

Age is literally just a number, and some fans of athletes tend to just by into it. And MG, your completely right, age don't mean shit. Taking care of yourself and putting in the time and dedication to stay sharp and perfect your craft does. If someone focuses on age and thinks it's a factor then they've already lost

He's the exception to the rule. There's a reason why he "broke" a record.... Even if there were plenTY of people (which there are not) that put in the dedication and had the IQ of BHop they still wouldn't be guaranteed to emulate what he has done with the same amount of success against professionals. He's "special" and has been for quite a while. I feel what you are saying though. But his age is something to Marvel at.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:29 AM