> time to put up or shut up
aTYpicalTYrant
post Apr 13 2013, 04:44 PM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 13 2013, 03:44 PM) *
To you but not to me. Hopkins broke that shit down perfectly. Age matters to fans, people need something to talk about. He always talks about how people say when will he get old? It matters to some but not to all

Age is literally just a number, and some fans of athletes tend to just by into it. And MG, your completely right, age don't mean shit. Taking care of yourself and putting in the time and dedication to stay sharp and perfect your craft does. If someone focuses on age and thinks it's a factor then they've already lost

He's the exception to the rule. There's a reason why he "broke" a record.... Even if there were plenTY of people (which there are not) that put in the dedication and had the IQ of BHop they still wouldn't be guaranteed to emulate what he has done with the same amount of success against professionals. He's "special" and has been for quite a while. I feel what you are saying though. But his age is something to Marvel at.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

He's mentioned Bute and Froch. Well that's a bit pointless as Bute's a nobody, Froch wouldn't be an easy fight though

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 13 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 13 2013, 05:01 PM) *
He's mentioned Bute and Froch. Well that's a bit pointless as Bute's a nobody, Froch wouldn't be an easy fight though

Sounds like he doesn't want the murat fight anymore. A 24/7 type thing with him and froch would be epic!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 13 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 13 2013, 04:44 PM) *
He's the exception to the rule. There's a reason why he "broke" a record.... Even if there were plenTY of people (which there are not) that put in the dedication and had the IQ of BHop they still wouldn't be guaranteed to emulate what he has done with the same amount of success against professionals. He's "special" and has been for quite a while. I feel what you are saying though. But his age is something to Marvel at.

His age is something to be marveled at but age doesn't play as much of a factor as some want to make it seem, He's said it and other great athletes have as well

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 13 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 13 2013, 09:06 PM) *
Sounds like he doesn't want the murat fight anymore. A 24/7 type thing with him and froch would be epic!

Nah, I saw a vid from this week and he seems like he;s dead set on getting back in there and getting the mandatory out of the way. But a fight between he and Froch would be awesome. I would've liked to see the Bute fight some years back but not now. Bute's damaged goods

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:32 PM