IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Rigondeaux-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #251

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 13 2013, 11:50 PM) *
I had a ball tonight! Great meeting of the minds and skill beat talent tonight. Plus, my boy asked me to review some fights of a somewhat known Filipino up and comer because he may have a chance to train him and he wants my help. I'm AMPED! Finally some fuckin BOXING! Fuck that bar room bullshit. If I wanna see guys fight like theyre as buzzed as I am, I'll go knock on my neighbors door and snuff him.

word.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #252

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 13 2013, 11:51 PM) *
At one point I had someone walk in front of the TV, knowing people watching the fight, talkin about, "who cares they aint no bodies".

I think Mares would put up a good fight for both actually. I don't think he'll beat either though.

that person would have been ktfo'd at the fight parties i usually go to. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #253

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2013, 12:00 AM) *
Lmao at them showing Tim Bradley ringside with a headset on...

I didn't know that they made headsets his size.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #254

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 14 2013, 12:04 AM) *
I'm sorry but this shit was like watching the OGs school a young kid on the basketball court. "You reach I teach." Donaire got SCHOOLED tonight. Motherfucker had a tittie under his eye. Talkin about a motherfuckin ligament. Talkin about his wife being pregnant. No motherfucker. Your EYE was pregnant. You took him light, you talked about him not deserving the fight and what happened? That nikka starched yo ass up!

preach!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #255

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 14 2013, 12:08 AM) *
Tim Bradley's head looks like it should have lines on it and say Spalding

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that's wrong.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 15 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #256

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Loved the fight and was surprised and shocked at how easy Rigo made it look. Donaire was lost and didn't knew what to do after a couple rounds. Totally outmatched. Rigo will have to risk to sit out the rest of his contract and not sign any fucking extension. I can see him having a nice future and way more recognition at GBP.

This post has been edited by Plah: Apr 15 2013, 02:21 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #257

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2013, 01:51 PM) *
What can I say? You guys had me rollin' last night, and just to think, we're gonna chop it up like this for the next few weeks?! DANGER!!!

Anyhow, I'm about to watch the fight again, JUST to hear Nonito's excuses, because I didn't catch all of them last night. As for the fight, he looked like he had too much chili, and knew that if he threw another punch, he would've shit his pants...that just how stiff he looked. Smh

As for Rigondeaux, I was totally wrong. For starters, I didn't think the fight would go the distance and I didn't think Rigo would get the nod. Hell, if the other two judges were in the same frame of mind, then he probably would've lost.

People bragged on and on about Rigo's skills and so forth. I saw some of those skills when he fought guys who were afraid to engage, because they were aware of their chances to get countered. Anybody can look thorough under those circumstances.

In this fight, he needed to utilize those skills, and indeed he did. That's what impressed me the most, he used those skills when it really counted and also under these superfight circumstances.

Anyhow, great fight for RG...he needed it. Donaire got the short end of the "High risk, low reward" deal. Now that I think about it, who does Arum match Donaire up with, regardless of whether he won or lost? The better fights for Donaire, are at the hands of other promoters...rival promoters, if you would.

I think Arum matches Rigo with what he's always been matching him with (just to build him up more), then a Donaire rematch will be in the future...at the expense of an "Arum strongarm contract extension"...the extension where he schedules his fighters to fight AFTER their contract expiration date. You know how he does.

Let's see how many "Rigotards" (as I read on another board) are gonna emerge from the dirt like Thriller dancers now. Did anybody read Oscar De La Homo's tweet about Donaire after the fight? It read..."should have taken the 3 mil". As much of an assbag as Oscar can be, he is Captain Obvious, and can be funny about it at times.

Cant wait to chop it up with you guys next weekend, when Canelo experiences the same fate of Trout beating him from pillar to post. We may see that robbery next week though...sad reality, but we are talking boxing here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: All Professor has to do and hit the scene and drop a big fat "I told you" and drop the mic. LOL

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) no need. i did want to post the article on the front page that talked about advantages and disadvantages though...and i forgot. the writer stated donaire had the superior feet. i think the fight showed who had the superior feet. i have only watched the first few rounds so far...but if i can get a link of the whole fight...i'll be back with my comments.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #258

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 14 2013, 02:31 PM) *
I am rewatching the fight now and Donaire after the 12th round had a look of disgust and surprise. It was like he could not believe he got touched up the way he did. Now for the excuses. The NY fans suck because they do not know they just witnessed greatness. Oh well. I saw Oscar's tweet and he is turning into an attention whore and it is bitch made the way he is going about it. He should try to promote this fight that is coming up next Saturday that NO ONE seems to care about or even talk about outside of boxing fans. shit!

the filipino ny fans...let's be specific. fans in nyc know good boxing and appreciate real skill.

as for oscar and his comment...it's twitter. everyone is trying to drop one liners for attention. it's lame.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #259

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 14 2013, 02:48 PM) *
Honestly though,

Did anyone expect Donaire to look THAT FUCKING BAD?

Jack

i thought it would be a bit closer. friends whose opinions i respect have told me it was at least 10-2.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #260

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 14 2013, 09:35 PM) *
ďFrom a personal standpoint, Iím disappointed, but you gotta take your hat off to Rigondeaux. He did what he had to do,Ē Ward said. ďThese things happen in boxing, especially when you have a guy like Nonito, whoís fighting the best, fight in and fight out.

ďHeís not getting soft touches. Thereís no machine pushing him and trying to make him into a star. Heís making himself a star by fighting the best, and when you fight the best, these kind of things happen. Nonito didnít get beat up tonight. He fought a competitive fight. It just didnít go his way.”

Ward, who grew up with Donaire in the Bay Area as they cultivated their early careers on the local amateur circuit, also commented on whether or not he scored the fight from his seat.

ďWell, first, Iím biased, and second, I didnít score it because itís hard to score it when Iím watching the fight as a fan,Ē Ward said. ďIím just kind of into the action. I donít really know what the scorecards should have been, but at the moment, you gotta tip your hat to Rigo.Ē
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif)

Quote from Andre Ward. I wonder if Ward knows that people considered his style as boring as well, and he fights more like Rigondeaux then he does Donaire? I mean there is one thing to be a guy's friend and there is another thing to be a complete ass for not seeing this fight as is. I am starting to question Andre.

that's about as honest as one can be. so anything else said should be taken with a grain of salt. he did give rigondeaux his props for the win. he's just trying to make his friend feel better about the loss. he knows donaire is going to read his comments.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:20 PM