Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> who really won?, rigo vs nonito
klonopinz
post Apr 13 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

First off I must say, so muhc wasted time. I had it a draw. I think the should fight again because that fight took way too much time to get going and in the end i was not happy with it. I thought donaire won it. I thought rigo wasnt boxing enough. Im kinda mad, and i dont even like donaire, i just feel rigo didnt do enough to deserve a UNANIMOUS win.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mgrover
post Apr 14 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I like what I had it at 7-5 + KD, call me what you want but some rounds you were merely splitting hairs.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 14 2013, 06:04 PM) *
I like what I had it at 7-5 + KD, call me what you want but some rounds you were merely splitting hairs.

C'mon MG, it's hard to even give Donaire 3 rounds. It was easier to give Bradley 5 rounds against Pac, than it was to give Donaire 5 of anything.

I agree that there were some quiet rounds, but still. I see if Donaire looked comfortable in there (while missing and not being able to find Rigo), but that clearly wasn't the case.

Body language (during the fight) + unusual corner urgency + HBO not siding with him + Harold Lederman not siding with him + body language (after the final bell) + a boatload of post-fight excuses = Donaire didn't win 5 rounds.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 14 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2013, 11:14 PM) *
C'mon MG, it's hard to even give Donaire 3 rounds. It was easier to give Bradley 5 rounds against Pac, than it was to give Donaire 5 of anything.

I agree that there were some quiet rounds, but still. I see if Donaire looked comfortable in there (while missing and not being able to find Rigo), but that clearly wasn't the case.

Just how I saw it tbh, if I watch it again I may have it differently but no offence to Rigo some rounds he lands two clean shots and thats what wins him the round. Sure he can be as elusive as he likes right but am still looking for an effective fighter that can do both, that can apply pressure and have a decent defense.

A lot of people complain about fighters not having good defense well am complaining fighters that rely heavily on defense have sub par offence at times. Or they can do both, see James Toney, see Young Mayweather, sure they could counter punch but it wasn't the only string to there bow.

The only time Rigo started to apply a lot of pressure of even become the aggressor was in the 12th when he thought Nonito was hurt and that's mainly cause Nonito was a fucking idiot making it the most obvious thing in the world that his eye was tagged. I don't even think Rigo was hurt from the KD, watching it closely he was stupidly square and that's why he fell right back.

Is it so bad that I want a fighter that can do both? People on these forums worship defensive fighters and I can see why it's truly something beautiful when executed properlu but a fighter that can do both, that's something really special something like Mikey Garcia or that kid I was talking about Jonathan Gonzales from Puerto Rico.

I think people lean more towards the defensive because there hasn't been a fighter recently with a a offense at the high level that these defensive fighters are at. Pac kinda was a long time ago, people have been hyping Canelo to be this magical fighter the aggressive counter puncher but we all know what I think of his hype.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 14 2013, 05:27 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 14 2013, 06:27 PM) *
Just how I saw it tbh, if I watch it again I may have it differently but no offence to Rigo some rounds he lands two clean shots and thats what wins him the round. Sure he can be as elusive as he likes right but am still looking for an effective fighter that can do both, that can apply pressure and have a decent defense.

A lot of people complain about fighters not having good defense well am complaining fighters that rely heavily on defense have sub par offence at times. Or they can do both, see James Toney, see Young Mayweather, sure they could counter punch but it wasn't the only string to there bow.

The only time Rigo started to apply a lot of pressure of even become the aggressor was in the 12th when he thought Nonito was hurt and that's mainly cause Nonito was a fucking idiot making it the most obvious thing in the world that his eye was tagged. I don't even think Rigo was hurt from the KD, watching it closely he was stupidly square and that's why he fell right back.

Is it so bad that I want a fighter that can do both? People on these forums worship defensive fighters and I can see why it's truly something beautiful when executed properlu but a fighter that can do both, that's something really special something like Mikey Garcia or that kid I was talking about Jonathan Gonzales from Puerto Rico.

I think people lean more towards the defensive because there hasn't been a fighter recently with a a offense at the high level that these defensive fighters are at. Pac kinda was a long time ago, people have been hyping Canelo to be this magical fighter the aggressive counter puncher but we all know what I think of his hype.

MG, this is boxing, and all of us as fans have learned to "take what we can, and hope for better along the way". I cant blame you for wanting a fighter that is balanced with great defense and offense. Even fighters like Mayweather can do both, but he wins rounds for pot shotting and making his opponent look like they aren't supposed to be in there. Then he wins rounds off of defense, by making his opponents offense look sub par, while making them appear frustrated

WE as boxing fans appreciated Mayweather's younger days of 110% boxing (using his legs, being more defensive, and then using his offense), but others HATED Floyd's old style and said that he "ran" alot. Nowadays, he's a lot more offensive, but people say that his legs are old and so on. Point is, fighters cant please everybody...translation: Boxing fans are fickle and will never be satisfied.

Truth is, WE (hardcore fans) are in the minority and feel that we should get the small things in boxing, simply because we dedicate ourselves to nearly every fight, while the loudmouth and clueless casual fans get heard the most.

Donaire just got spoiled with knocking guys out (as I've said for a while), and the guys that he couldn't hurt, got accused of being "scared". Last night's events proved that he cant reach in his tool belt when there's a guy in front of him that can box and wont lay down easily (Narvaez, Vasquez Jr.).

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 01:13 PM