IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What fighters do you think will suffer health issues after their career?
Dolimite
post Apr 14 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Yesterday was a display of what boxing is about. Hit and not get hit. Rigondeaux put on a boxing clinic and had a virtuoso performance against a so called top 5 pound for pound fighter. Many people believed because Rigondeaux did not stand and one place to trade shots they viewed the fight as being boring or Rigondeaux running. However fighters like Rios, Alvarado, Pacquiao, Marquez, Morales, Bradley, and a slue of other fighters who stand toe to toe and take punishment are considered "real" boxers.

What concerns me about the above mentioned fighters are they will have serious health issues after their career is over. Here are my list of fighters that I feel will have serious health issues after their career is over, please add to the list if I missed any fighters.

1. Rios
2. Alvarado
3. Pacquiao
4. Marquez
5. Bradley (if starts fighting like he did against Ruslan)
6. Ruslan P.
7. Paulie M. (he gets hit way to much for my liking)
8. El Perro Agulo (spelling is off, sorry)
9. Kermit Cintron
10. Victor Ortiz
11. Khan (he gets hit way too much)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emd01
post Apr 14 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 14 2013, 07:00 AM) *
Yesterday was a display of what boxing is about. Hit and not get hit. Rigondeaux put on a boxing clinic and had a virtuoso performance against a so called top 5 pound for pound fighter. Many people believed because Rigondeaux did not stand and one place to trade shots they viewed the fight as being boring or Rigondeaux running. However fighters like Rios, Alvarado, Pacquiao, Marquez, Morales, Bradley, and a slue of other fighters who stand toe to toe and take punishment are considered "real" boxers.

What concerns me about the above mentioned fighters are they will have serious health issues after their career is over. Here are my list of fighters that I feel will have serious health issues after their career is over, please add to the list if I missed any fighters.

1. Rios
2. Alvarado
3. Pacquiao
4. Marquez
5. Bradley (if starts fighting like he did against Ruslan)
6. Ruslan P.
7. Paulie M. (he gets hit way to much for my liking)
8. El Perro Agulo (spelling is off, sorry)
9. Kermit Cintron
10. Victor Ortiz
11. Khan (he gets hit way too much)

12. Zab Judah
13. Shane Mosley
14. Lamont Paterson

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Apr 14 2013, 10:52 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

It really depends on how a person is. Just because a fighter took punches does not mean they will suffer health issues. Look at Julio Caesar Chavez. Guy had more than a 100 fights and he's more alert and oriented than his son. Marvin Hagler is doin fine hell even Holyfield and Tyson are doing great.

It really does depend. Its like a lottery. But every punch they take brings them closer to those health problems.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 14 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Toney, he already slurs terribly.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 14 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Holyfield was terrible when he was still fighting hard.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 14 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 14 2013, 07:52 AM) *
It really depends on how a person is. Just because a fighter took punches does not mean they will suffer health issues. Look at Julio Caesar Chavez. Guy had more than a 100 fights and he's more alert and oriented than his son. Marvin Hagler is doin fine hell even Holyfield and Tyson are doing great.

It really does depend. Its like a lottery. But every punch they take brings them closer to those health problems.

Just cause they look good does not mean they are. Hearns always looks like he is lost or has no idea where he is, Haglere left the game early cause he really didn't like boxing so he went to shoot movies. So he got out when he still had brain cells. Holyfield looks drunk and if you hear and look at Tyson's movements and speech he seems to get confused but they are not as apparent as others. Duran even looks slow. Chavez Sr. looks slow and old. But maybe that has to be with his drug use and a combination of getting hit in the head. So who knows.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Apr 14 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (emd01 @ Apr 14 2013, 10:20 AM) *
12. Zab Judah
13. Shane Mosley
14. Lamont Paterson

15. Robert Guerrero (his last couple and his next one)

Agree with Kahn. After he gets rocked, his heart comes out and then keeps getting tagged....

+Quote Post
bMaK
post Apr 14 2013, 08:50 PM
Post #8

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,682

All of them. Y'all look at the damage they take in the fights, or the lack of damage for some, and always overlook the work they put in in the gym.

+Quote Post
bMaK
post Apr 14 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #9

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,682

Sweet Pea was a great defensive fighter. Today he still looks and sounds like shit.

Floyd is arguably the greatest defensive fighter in boxing. He's got a permanent busted rib, has had issues with a knee, elbow, and shoulder.

I'm pretty sure his hands are gonna be killing him when he gets up in age.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 14 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

You could make the case that anyone who steps thru those ropes will end up having health issues. Just because a fighter is defensive doesn't mean they're immune from it, though brawlers would immediately set off alarms for something like this, you really just have to wait and see how it plays out

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 02:48 PM