IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kell brook withdraws from Alexander fight with injury, Alexander still to fight, who should be accross the ring from him?
checkleft
post Apr 15 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

So Kell brook is officially out and Alexander says he will not postpone again. Who should he defend against? I don't see a deep pool of opponents for him but then again Alexander has yet to prove he is the real deal so anybody could have a chance here. First name that came to mind to me was Thurman but I doubt he jumps up in competition so fast. There is also abregu, berto and.... Help me out here I can't think of many welters
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

WTF are these dudes doing in training camp? Ice skating? Skateboarding? Batting for home runs? Dammit man. To be fighters, they're both frail as fuck! This is Dumb & Dumber mess...clutz #1 and clutz #2 if you would.

These dudes are more accident prone than anybody I know. As disappointed as I am, I actually wanna laugh at both of them for being such douchebags. LOL

Thurman has his hands full with that Chavez dude at the end of July, so i doubt if he's really in shape. Abregu has his hands full with Decarie on the 27th, Berto might just get greased by Soto-Karass in July, so who knows.

One name that comes to mind, is...well, shit, I dont know anybody available at the moment.

I wouldn't mind Soto-Karass stepping aside and letting Berto take on Alexander, but I'm not sure how the budget looks for this fight. Now that I think about it, Berto isn't all that deserving of a title shot, neither is Karass, but we can look at who took the lesser ass-kicking in their recent losses. Berto's shown us that lefties are his biggest nightmares. Oh hell, just scratch that whole idea...I feel dumb just talking about it.

NOW, I wouldn't mind Paulie stepping up to fight him. Screw that Broner fight, it makes absolutely no sense anyway. If they did consider Paulie, it would all come down to the budget, and I'm almost sure Paulie doesn't want mediocre money for this one.

PS: As much as I'd hate for Golden Boy to do it, they could easily throw Mosley in there and give Cano another opponent.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Apr 15 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

Yall hard on my homeboy

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 15 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Surprised, I was real excited about this fight. I like brook, he's solid. Surprised this hasn't gotten more of a buzz. But that's probably because Alexander was on the card and the undercard was better then the main event

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 15 2013, 08:06 PM) *
Surprised, I was real excited about this fight. I like brook, he's solid. Surprised this hasn't gotten more of a buzz. But that's probably because Alexander was on the card and the undercard was better then the main event

Agreed

I would much rather see Brook on my big screen, than a choppy stream for once.

I wonder if Brook is really hurt, or is he pulling out of the fight because it hasn't got much buzz. One could say that Alexander tried to do the same when his bicep got "injured".

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 15 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Really wanted to see this fight but Brook has had his chance he's just had a tough go. He's going to have to go back to the drawing board now

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 16 2013, 12:19 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

I say brook fights the maidana lopez winner and ortiz fights the lopez maidana loser

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 16 2013, 07:41 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 16 2013, 01:19 AM) *
I say brook fights the maidana lopez winner and ortiz fights the lopez maidana loser

The scary thing this is, Golden Boy just may be dumb enough to put Ortiz in a "pick up where I left off" stage, according to potential drawing power, and not his last loss.

Ortiz needs a confidence builder, not one of these guys who have been in the gym working hard for the last few months. Lopez may have lost his last outing, but I guarantee, he's putting in some hard work in the gym. Maidana just came off of a big TKO win as well, so Ortiz has no business fighting either of those guys, regardless of who wins or loses.

Golden Boy has a lot of welterweights, but these are in some odd spots right now. If they aren't locked in to fight somebody, they're at the drawing board trying to recover from some tough losses.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 16 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

So schaeffer put some names out that they are looking at. One being berto (eh) sechenko (please no) and shawn porter (interesting). He also mentioned provodnikov but they said he is unavailable

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 16 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

either i never saw brook...or i wasn't impressed by him. his name keeps popping up so i must be missing something. help me out...how did this kid get on the map? i'm really not an alexander fan....so i can't say i was looking forward to this match.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:26 PM