IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kell brook withdraws from Alexander fight with injury, Alexander still to fight, who should be accross the ring from him?
checkleft
post Apr 15 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

So Kell brook is officially out and Alexander says he will not postpone again. Who should he defend against? I don't see a deep pool of opponents for him but then again Alexander has yet to prove he is the real deal so anybody could have a chance here. First name that came to mind to me was Thurman but I doubt he jumps up in competition so fast. There is also abregu, berto and.... Help me out here I can't think of many welters
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Apr 16 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 16 2013, 06:30 PM) *
So schaeffer put some names out that they are looking at. One being berto (eh) sechenko (please no) and shawn porter (interesting). He also mentioned provodnikov but they said he is unavailable

Yep, Berto doesn't deserve another big opportunity to dick it all up. Senchenko is actually a pretty good opponent, and Im almost sure he'll get picked. Shawn Porter, nah...he just strikes me as a poor man's version of Mosley. And of course Provodnikov's...unavailable?! C'mon Shaeffer, try "aint fuckin' happenin'", because that's exactly what the case is.

Provodnikov/Bradley II is under Bob's thumb, no need to go through negotiations that aren't quite negotiations because it "aint fuckin' happenin'", just because poor boring little Alexander doesn't have an opponent. I mean seriously, Devon not having an opponent isn't one of those "pull out all the stops and come to the rescue" type situations. It's just one of those, "Devon doesn't have an opponent. Oh? Who gives a shit?" type situations.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 07:11 PM) *
either i never saw brook...or i wasn't impressed by him. his name keeps popping up so i must be missing something. help me out...how did this kid get on the map? i'm really not an alexander fan....so i can't say i was looking forward to this match.

You're somewhat missing out, but really, you're not missing a damn thing at all. I don't know the proper term for that type of situation, but you're somewhere in that ballpark.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:48 PM