IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is bob arum racist or imcompetent..., when it comes to promoting black fighters?
mgrover
post Apr 15 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Rigos going to unfortunately pay the price for his win. Arums already on damage control stating that Donaire the dude who lost will most likely fight Salido next and has been going on about Donaire having weight issues etc etc. I hate to say it but if Rigo came into the pro game just a bit earlier.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 15 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I think he is racist and I hate to pull that card. But looks how he shits on certain fighters. I do not think Arum likes boxers that actually have the intelligence to think for themselves. He just like to be in control and whoever he can not control he tries to destroy or discredit. He hates Floyd because he out thought him, he hates ODH because he jumped shipped and he hates any fighter that shows a backbone which is why he is having issues getting the Pac and Marquez fight done. Some of these fighters are so desperate that they would do anything just to land a fight and get a little money so they sign an unfair contract. He uses the athletes and does what he wants with them. But the ones who see him for the snake he is he demonizes or punish. My opinion.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 15 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Delahoya, Haymon or whom the eff ever, needs to be looking at that July 15th date (if I'm not mistaken, Rigo's contract termination date) and make Rigo an offer he can't refuse (no, not that kinda of offer....)

Long story short, I'm confident Arum, at a minimum, is a bigot.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 15 2013, 05:34 PM) *
Rigos going to unfortunately pay the price for his win. Arums already on damage control stating that Donaire the dude who lost will most likely fight Salido next and has been going on about Donaire having weight issues etc etc. I hate to say it but if Rigo came into the pro game just a bit earlier.

rigondeaux destroys a guy like salido. make that fight instead. or even rigondeaux vs garcia. i think he beats them both. not sure if his team is ready to move him up though.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 15 2013, 05:42 PM) *
I think he is racist and I hate to pull that card. But looks how he shits on certain fighters. I do not think Arum likes boxers that actually have the intelligence to think for themselves. He just like to be in control and whoever he can not control he tries to destroy or discredit. He hates Floyd because he out thought him, he hates ODH because he jumped shipped and he hates any fighter that shows a backbone which is why he is having issues getting the Pac and Marquez fight done. Some of these fighters are so desperate that they would do anything just to land a fight and get a little money so they sign an unfair contract. He uses the athletes and does what he wants with them. But the ones who see him for the snake he is he demonizes or punish. My opinion.

your opinion isn't far off.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 15 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #16

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 15 2013, 04:37 PM) *
Arum probably is a racist, but I think his failure to promote black fighters is based on the color green. There is a huge market for Latino's, Pinnoys and the great White hope. The NFL and NBA have black sports demographics on lockdown. Its that simple.

I think some of the things he said after the fight about Rigondeaux were disgusting. Thats like breach of contract type stuff. Arum was honest, but he should have lied his ass off. The promoter is also in the business of marketing the guy and selling fights. He did Rigo no favors after the fight.

The market does explain it. I wanted to say racist but more that he just hated Blacks because he still be riding on Latinos and Asians. I would say Pinnoys but he has taken a liking to Zou Shiming but it all has to do with that $$$.

NBA and NFL does have the demographic on lockdown, i think it has to do with how Commercial they are compared to Boxing. The rising Black stars is lacking compared to Basketball and Football and Boxing isn't on TV as much. On ESPN the only thing i hear on there is Floyd Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Its sad how much ESPN slacks on Boxing. And you dont really see boxers balling out like all these other sports stars. You have Floyd being Flashy actually showing you can get money in boxing (If he had Endorsements he would be killing it). Them showing Boxers with small houses in regular neighborhood isnt really motivating anyone to take the beating in the ring if they aint getting much money to ball out .

The least he could have said about Rigo was "He is the best at 122", just said he is skilled but not entertaining. What an idiot, he should have blamed the entertainment on Nonito being scared to throw punches because he either missed or got hit with that Left hand. But he the hate seems alittle apparent, this dude is a 2 time gold Medalist and dominated the champion at 122 and is now the New champ and the Best at 122 and is called not entertaining. He shouldn't even have commented on that. Disrespectful.

I either haven't read around enough but anyone who saw the fight just said that Rigo did his thing and Nonito didn't know what he was doing. Nonito even said he got schooled. I was even surprised when my Cousin was saying how those judge's cards were too BS, He's a Nonito fan and he's Filipino.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 15 2013, 07:15 PM) *
The market does explain it. I wanted to say racist but more that he just hated Blacks because he still be riding on Latinos and Asians. I would say Pinnoys but he has taken a liking to Zou Shiming but it all has to do with that $$$.

NBA and NFL does have the demographic on lockdown, i think it has to do with how Commercial they are compared to Boxing. The rising Black stars is lacking compared to Basketball and Football and Boxing isn't on TV as much. On ESPN the only thing i hear on there is Floyd Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Its sad how much ESPN slacks on Boxing. And you dont really see boxers balling out like all these other sports stars. You have Floyd being Flashy actually showing you can get money in boxing (If he had Endorsements he would be killing it). Them showing Boxers with small houses in regular neighborhood isnt really motivating anyone to take the beating in the ring if they aint getting much money to ball out .

The least he could have said about Rigo was "He is the best at 122", just said he is skilled but not entertaining. What an idiot, he should have blamed the entertainment on Nonito being scared to throw punches because he either missed or got hit with that Left hand. But he the hate seems alittle apparent, this dude is a 2 time gold Medalist and dominated the champion at 122 and is now the New champ and the Best at 122 and is called not entertaining. He shouldn't even have commented on that. Disrespectful.

I either haven't read around enough but anyone who saw the fight just said that Rigo did his thing and Nonito didn't know what he was doing. Nonito even said he got schooled. I was even surprised when my Cousin was saying how those judge's cards were too BS, He's a Nonito fan and he's Filipino.

exactly!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I'm curious as to how Bob would promote Broner.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2013, 09:43 PM) *
I'm curious as to how Bob would promote Broner.

i was shocked that he had crawford on the undercard of rios/alvarado. but then again...he was a last minute replacement. broner would have been a last minute option as well i'm sure.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 15 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 12:52 AM) *
rigondeaux destroys a guy like salido. make that fight instead. or even rigondeaux vs garcia. i think he beats them both. not sure if his team is ready to move him up though.

Oh I ain't saying he does its just curious how he already has someone set up for the loser of the fight and is more or less already promoting it while nothing for Rigo. During the interview Rigos trainer kept whispering something in his ear I wonder what it was

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:32 PM