IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is bob arum racist or imcompetent..., when it comes to promoting black fighters?
mrchitown
post Apr 18 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #61

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 06:46 PM) *
yup. tim and guillermo are pretty much in the same boat. i will say this....bob, at the very least, deserves credit for giving both bradley and rigondeaux their shots to begin with. i guess his matchmakers don't always get it right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That's crazy to think that Bradley and Rigondeaux are at the same place in their careers after coming off of career defining wins.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 09:19 PM) *
From a technical standpoint yes but from a truthful standpoint hell no

it always makes me laugh to hear the piece of shit muhfuckas say, "our sport....blah,blah,blah...." know they ain't boxed a day in their lives!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #63

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 09:21 PM) *
That's crazy to think that Bradley and Rigondeaux are at the same place in their careers after coming off of career defining wins.

says everything about who is bad for boxing.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 18 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #64

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 4,081

The problem with Bradley is that the majority of the world believes Manny won that fight and won it fairly easily. He also refused to fight Amir Khan in what would have been a HUGE fight at the time. Had he fought and beaten Khan, I think his profile goes VERY high.

Rigo just doesn't have a crowd-pleasing style but more importantly where is he going to go from here? I am sure he will get fights, but there aren't many stars out there for him to fight. There really aren't many guys that will raise his profile. I want to see him fight again, but unless he is thrown in there with a really A-level fighter, my guess is that most fight fans won't be as interested.

Bob doesn't care about anything but money.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 11:56 PM
Post #65

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 08:22 PM) *
it always makes me laugh to hear the piece of shit muhfuckas say, "our sport....blah,blah,blah...." know they ain't boxed a day in their lives!!!

Indeed! It's hilarious that the so-called boxing cognoscenti is made up of nerds and fat guys. Smh. How bizarre. I really think some of them hate the athletes they "cover" because athletes make them feel inadequate. So they dish out revenge in print when a boxer refuses to cow-tow to them or give them an interview or treat them as if they belong. It's pretty crazy.

And the broadcasting side is no better. For instance, HBO...you need one skilled broadcaster to keep flow, continuity, excitement, diction, etc. So a Lampley (preferably an unbiased one) is necessary. But everyone else calling a fight needs to be a boxer, former boxer, trainer, former trainer, a cut man...somebody who knows what they're seeing!

That means no Merchant and Kellerman (especially Merchant) to expound on what they clearly are not experts at. Being around a sport for centuries (talking to you, Larry) doesn't make one an expert....just longwinded.

Lol

This post has been edited by VJones: Apr 19 2013, 12:04 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 19 2013, 12:56 AM) *
Indeed! It's hilarious that the so-called boxing cognoscenti is made up of nerds and fat guys. Smh. How bizarre. I really think some of them hate the athletes they "cover" because athletes make them feel inadequate. So they dish out revenge in print when a boxer refuses to cow-tow to them or give them an interview or treat them as if they belong. It's pretty crazy.

And the broadcasting side is no better. For instance, HBO...you need one skilled broadcaster to keep flow, continuity, excitement, diction, etc. So a Lampley (preferably an unbiased one) is necessary. But everyone else calling a fight needs to be a boxer, former boxer, trainer, former trainer, a cut man...somebody who knows what they're seeing!

That means no Merchant and Kellerman (especially Merchant) to expound on what they clearly are not experts at. Being around a sport for centuries (talking to you, Larry) doesn't make one an expert....just longwinded.

Lol

word.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Apr 20 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #67

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

I think that Bob Arum is a racist in some sense of the word. There was a statement where he said something to the tune of black and hispanic fighters go out there and kill each other while he collects the checks. I don't think he's incompetent. I think he just has his own agenda. He's in business for himself not for the sport or the fans. I must say that as of lately, Bob Arum and Top Rank have put on some sensational shows. He seems to be on board with the VADA testing and all we need now is for TR and GBP to work together so some of those Ring Magazine Championships fights can be contested between the best fighters regardless to whom their promoter is. I'd like to see Leo Santa Cruz vs Mikey Garcia. That's an example but you guys get the point.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 21 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #68

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

There is gonna be a HELL of a party in Vegas when Bob Arum croaks.

Floyd will be handing out bills, Oscar will be chopping out BRICKS...it'll be like a who's who of 90s/2000s boxing dancing on his grave.

Not only is he vile...he is hated in the boxing world.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #69

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2013, 11:32 PM) *
The problem with Bradley is that the majority of the world believes Manny won that fight and won it fairly easily. He also refused to fight Amir Khan in what would have been a HUGE fight at the time. Had he fought and beaten Khan, I think his profile goes VERY high.

Rigo just doesn't have a crowd-pleasing style but more importantly where is he going to go from here? I am sure he will get fights, but there aren't many stars out there for him to fight. There really aren't many guys that will raise his profile. I want to see him fight again, but unless he is thrown in there with a really A-level fighter, my guess is that most fight fans won't be as interested.

Bob doesn't care about anything but money.

there is a long list of fighters that rigondeaux can fight. i'll go ahead and type it again...

mares
agbeko
donaire
rojas
wv2
moreno
santa cruz

if he should move up to 126....
ponce de leon
russell jr
fortuna
mikey garcia
salido
chris john

with a list like that...any combination will clearly put him in line to achieve ATG status if he can pull off a nice string of wins. i believe he has the style, skill, speed and power to beat them all.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 23 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #70

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Long and short of it he is a bigoted Asshole!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:11 AM