IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bradley vs Marquez, This year just keeps getting better!
checkleft
post Apr 18 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-im-faci...as-vegas--64561

Marquez has confirmed that he will fight Bradley 9/14 at the Thomas and Mack center. What a fight! He said he was approached with 2 names, Bradley and alvarado.

This year has been pretty awesome so far, and it seems like its just gonna get better.

Are you guys ready for this!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 06:36 PM) *
Chsels I want my damn money! I told you Marquez or Bradley wasn't fighting Pac!

Guys, I hate to be a debbie downer, a kill joy, the bearer of bad news, a douchebag, take your pick...

But, did anybody see Arum's name anywhere in the article? I know that Arum has Bradley/Provodnikov, JMM/Pac V, Alvarados/Rios III, in the holster and has the right to play them accordingly, but this seems a bit strange to me.

Marquez mentioned that two names were returned to him, but from whom? Hell, we've seen this before. As many games as Arum, Roach, Marquez, etc has been playing over the past couple of months, it's hard to gauge which one is the truth, which one is fluff, and which one is a flat out lie.

How much do we think Juan is going to make in a Bradley fight? I doubt if he even makes more than $3M...and what was he asking for? $10M or more? Me thinks that he's posturing Bob a bit. Oh yeah, has Manny said anything as of late? Nope. Usually when Marquez is an option for him, he plays stubborn (which he does horribly), and gets quiet as if he's upset that he has to fight him again.

If you think about about it, a Bradley fight for Marquez and an Alvarado fight for Manny, are "cruise" fights. I mean "cruise" as in, smoking the weed first, then smoking the cigarette shortly after, to keep the high going. Why not smoke the weed first (JMM/Pac V), then cruise with those relatively easy fights afterwards?

Remember, Manny and Juan are fighting each other for that last shot at supremacy (translation: for money), not fighting to see who gets Bradley and Alvarado next...that's totally backwards. Did anybody forget that it's just April? Now, if it was July, then I'd believe Marquez, but it's waaay too early. Again, I believe JMM is being a hard ass and posturing Arum, the same way Arum is posturing Vegas with the whole, "I'm taking Manny's fights to Macau" nonsense.

We can go on and on about how these 6 guys (Bradley, JMM, Pac, Alvarado, Rios, Provodnikov) do against each other, but let's forget that Manny still brings in all of the money. As crazy as this sounds, JMM is still a safe fight for Manny at this point. Let's not forget, Manny was beating Juan pretty badly before the KO. Juan was looking old in that fight...honestly, he looked better in the 3rd fight, he just had better moments in the 4th...well, two moments that counted the most.

Arum's Big Six (fighters) can work for him, but really, all of those guys were in hard fights and are still licking their wounds as we speak. All of them took bad punishment in their recent fights with each other, so this willy-nilly stuff that Marquez is talking, has yet to be determined as fact. His B-side fighters (Rios, Alvarado, Bradley, Provo) still have time, but Manny is probably on the fence (gun shy and seriously contemplating retirement), Juan isn't exactly Benjamin Button here, and they're both frail, so Arum has to strike while the iron still has a bit of heat left on it. As much as Arum lies, I'm actually waiting to hear what he has to say about this.

Bob just may take his chances with this fight, but I can't imagine a Mexican Independence weekend being thrown away for a JMM/Bradley fight. I mean Tim did put on an exciting fight with Provo, but how many caption pics did we see swarming over the net after that fight? None. Now, Manny being laid out, seemed to go viral (I hate that word, lol) rather quickly. So, the people that actually missed the KO loss, will be sure to try and catch it again this time around, or see if Manny can do things differently. Who knows...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 19 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 05:44 AM) *
Guys, I hate to be a debbie downer, a kill joy, the bearer of bad news, a douchebag, take your pick...

But, did anybody see Arum's name anywhere in the article? I know that Arum has Bradley/Provodnikov, JMM/Pac V, Alvarados/Rios III, in the holster and has the right to play them accordingly, but this seems a bit strange to me.

Marquez mentioned that two names were returned to him, but from whom? Hell, we've seen this before. As many games as Arum, Roach, Marquez, etc has been playing over the past couple of months, it's hard to gauge which one is the truth, which one is fluff, and which one is a flat out lie.

How much do we think Juan is going to make in a Bradley fight? I doubt if he even makes more than $3M...and what was he asking for? $10M or more? Me thinks that he's posturing Bob a bit. Oh yeah, has Manny said anything as of late? Nope. Usually when Marquez is an option for him, he plays stubborn (which he does horribly), and gets quiet as if he's upset that he has to fight him again.

If you think about about it, a Bradley fight for Marquez and an Alvarado fight for Manny, are "cruise" fights. I mean "cruise" as in, smoking the weed first, then smoking the cigarette shortly after, to keep the high going. Why not smoke the weed first (JMM/Pac V), then cruise with those relatively easy fights afterwards?

Remember, Manny and Juan are fighting each other for that last shot at supremacy (translation: for money), not fighting to see who gets Bradley and Alvarado next...that's totally backwards. Did anybody forget that it's just April? Now, if it was July, then I'd believe Marquez, but it's waaay too early. Again, I believe JMM is being a hard ass and posturing Arum, the same way Arum is posturing Vegas with the whole, "I'm taking Manny's fights to Macau" nonsense.

We can go on and on about how these 6 guys (Bradley, JMM, Pac, Alvarado, Rios, Provodnikov) do against each other, but let's forget that Manny still brings in all of the money. As crazy as this sounds, JMM is still a safe fight for Manny at this point. Let's not forget, Manny was beating Juan pretty badly before the KO. Juan was looking old in that fight...honestly, he looked better in the 3rd fight, he just had better moments in the 4th...well, two moments that counted the most.

Arum's Big Six (fighters) can work for him, but really, all of those guys were in hard fights and are still licking their wounds as we speak. All of them took bad punishment in their recent fights with each other, so this willy-nilly stuff that Marquez is talking, has yet to be determined as fact. His B-side fighters (Rios, Alvarado, Bradley, Provo) still have time, but Manny is probably on the fence (gun shy and seriously contemplating retirement), Juan isn't exactly Benjamin Button here, and they're both frail, so Arum has to strike while the iron still has a bit of heat left on it. As much as Arum lies, I'm actually waiting to hear what he has to say about this.

Bob just may take his chances with this fight, but I can't imagine a Mexican Independence weekend being thrown away for a JMM/Bradley fight. I mean Tim did put on an exciting fight with Provo, but how many caption pics did we see swarming over the net after that fight? None. Now, Manny being laid out, seemed to go viral (I hate that word, lol) rather quickly. So, the people that actually missed the KO loss, will be sure to try and catch it again this time around, or see if Manny can do things differently. Who knows...

I don't like you! lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 19 2013, 06:04 PM) *
I don't like you! lol

I can dig it! I've been hated in this young life of mine, so your slight feeling of "dislike" will be taken as a compliment on this side!

Anyhow, I like a Bradley/Marquez fight, but I liked it more before JMM/Pac IV happened. JMM and Pac were put in a weird situation after that fight, not to mention us witnessing Bradley flop around the ring like a drunk breakdancer.

I don't really know who beats who nowadays, but until Arum says anything, these dudes are just contractually-bound, butthurt, battered up, puppets who are going out of their way to prove to us that they have a voice that we KNOW they don't have. Arum ALWAYS gets the last word, unless of course you have enough money to buyout of your contract. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 24 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 04:55 PM) *
I can dig it! I've been hated in this young life of mine, so your slight feeling of "dislike" will be taken as a compliment on this side!

Anyhow, I like a Bradley/Marquez fight, but I liked it more before JMM/Pac IV happened. JMM and Pac were put in a weird situation after that fight, not to mention us witnessing Bradley flop around the ring like a drunk breakdancer.

I don't really know who beats who nowadays, but until Arum says anything, these dudes are just contractually-bound, butthurt, battered up, puppets who are going out of their way to prove to us that they have a voice that we KNOW they don't have. Arum ALWAYS gets the last word, unless of course you have enough money to buyout of your contract. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The fight has been or will be signed and their is a venue! Pac is fighting in October. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 24 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 12:45 PM) *
The fight has been or will be signed and their is a venue! Pac is fighting in October. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Lol, I'll give kudos where kudos is due.

I like this fight, but I hope Marquez has a pretty good plan. He seemed to start entertaining a Bradley fight AFTER the Provodnikov fight...so maybe he has something up his sleeve. I'm guessing that we'll see Pac/JMM V sometime next year...maybe March.

I hope that both guys win their upcoming fights, so Marquez can get his last big payday against Manny. This better not be one of those Hopkins/RJJ 2 situations, where one guy miserably lost their stay-busy fight, while the other won. When they finally met, Danny Green had already took the last little bit of ring life out of Roy.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 24 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 24 2013, 09:02 AM) *
Lol, I'll give kudos where kudos is due.

I like this fight, but I hope Marquez has a pretty good plan. He seemed to start entertaining a Bradley fight AFTER the Provodnikov fight...so maybe he has something up his sleeve. I'm guessing that we'll see Pac/JMM V sometime next year...maybe March.

I hope that both guys win their upcoming fights, so Marquez can get his last big payday against Manny. This better not be one of those Hopkins/RJJ 2 situations, where one guy miserably lost their stay-busy fight, while the other won. When they finally met, Danny Green had already took the last little bit of ring life out of Roy.

What happens if one fighter wins and the other one loses? Or if they both lose, badly.. Will the public still want to see this. What if Pac looks sub par and what if he even gets knocked down again? If JMM looks supreme against Bradley he may just retire or go for maybe the main gun in 147... Saul Alvarez...that was a joke.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- checkleft   Bradley vs Marquez   Apr 18 2013, 02:15 PM
- - Jack 1000   I had originally picked Bradley by UD, but this re...   Apr 18 2013, 02:43 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2013, 03:43 PM)...   Apr 18 2013, 03:25 PM
- - Plah   I've been wanting for this fight to be made fo...   Apr 18 2013, 02:44 PM
- - Franchize   I think this is going to be a sloppy, boring fight...   Apr 18 2013, 03:02 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 18 2013, 02:44 PM) I...   Apr 18 2013, 03:06 PM
- - Jack 1000   I think it's Bradley's fight to lose if he...   Apr 18 2013, 03:18 PM
- - VJones   QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2013, 02:43 PM)...   Apr 18 2013, 04:58 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 18 2013, 05:58 PM) I ...   Apr 18 2013, 06:38 PM
- - Gambit808   The weight that Bradley had to lose for the Ruslyn...   Apr 18 2013, 05:23 PM
- - Dolimite   Chsels I want my damn money! I told you Marque...   Apr 18 2013, 05:36 PM
- - mgrover   People seem to be giving Marquez almost no credit?...   Apr 18 2013, 06:08 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 06:08 PM) P...   Apr 18 2013, 06:31 PM
- - scdrking2   Nice. I know Arum is super pissed.   Apr 18 2013, 06:55 PM
- - mrchitown   If the Bradley that fought against Provodnikov sho...   Apr 18 2013, 07:45 PM
- - BigFightFan   Good fight for both guys, i expect a lot of firewo...   Apr 18 2013, 10:01 PM
|- - Marcus   QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Apr 18 2013, 11:01 P...   Apr 19 2013, 01:21 PM
- - KOpower   Interesting fight but I still don't know if it...   Apr 18 2013, 10:24 PM
- - emd01   I dont see it happening either. No way JMM is pass...   Apr 19 2013, 07:25 AM
- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 06:36 PM) ...   Apr 19 2013, 08:44 AM
|- - Dolimite   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 05:44 AM) G...   Apr 19 2013, 05:04 PM
||- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 19 2013, 06:04 PM) ...   Apr 19 2013, 07:55 PM
||- - Dolimite   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 04:55 PM) I...   Apr 24 2013, 11:45 AM
||- - Cshel86   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 12:45 PM) ...   Apr 24 2013, 12:02 PM
||- - Dolimite   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 24 2013, 09:02 AM) L...   Apr 24 2013, 12:49 PM
|- - ROME   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 09:44 AM) G...   Apr 24 2013, 01:46 AM
- - The Original MrFactor   I think Bradley is damaged goods. If Bradley can c...   Apr 24 2013, 10:02 AM
|- - ROME   QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 24 2013, 1...   Apr 24 2013, 10:46 AM
- - xxxxxx   I like this fight. Bradley should be fighting Mayw...   Apr 30 2013, 04:23 AM
- - klonopinz   you know i can totally see bradley being alowed to...   Apr 30 2013, 09:31 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:23 PM