IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd getting worked in sparring??, Does this mean anything?
Dolimite
post Apr 25 2013, 12:55 PM
Post #101

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 25 2013, 10:24 AM) *
Monta? Why lol. Cousins needs to follow them out, and I'm a kings fan!

Paulie getting worked in training to? No wonder all these motherfuckers get hurt during training they spar harder than the box on fight night! Lol

Monte Ellis is a dumb ass!!! He is married to a cop or was and he was cheating on the Golden State cheerleader or reporter or was trying to. Then his teammates kicked him out of practice for being a damn fool then he got into it with the coach which sent his ass to the Bucks!

Paulie had a blackeye in a interview when he was talking about Thurman.

http://www.boxingscene.com/spence-clears-u...sparring--64813

Clear up that Broner rumor.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Apr 25 2013, 12:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 25 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #102

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 24 2013, 09:51 PM) *
Don't you EVER compare Derrick to Iverson, EVER!!!

He may be a sucka for love ass negro but he's a way better individual then Iverson

and he folks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i remember seeing a pic of him on the net with his eyes blood shot throwing up some GD pitchforks.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 25 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #103

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 06:00 AM) *
That was bullshit. If a fan attacks you and your teammate you should have a right to defend yourself. A dress code ain't got spit to do with an out of control fan. That ruined the Pacers as a team and careers as well.

Yea they were a championship team

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 25 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #104

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 24 2013, 09:53 PM) *
I'm starting to think you had are Samuel L Jackson in Django (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) uncle ruckus? hell naw!!! i just saw that movie 2 nights ago for the first time. truth be told...i was boycotting it because i can't stand quentin tarintino's gratuitous use of the N word.

i didn't purchase anything from the mall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) my boy did though. he was definitely like Sam Jackson in Django. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 25 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #105

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 24 2013, 10:47 PM) *
what really scared david stern was the pacers/pistons brawl and thats when the nba had the dress code.

chris rock on the pacers/pistons brawl: "i was asleep on my couch one day with the tv on. i woke up to see a bunch of big black guys beating the shit out of some white guys. i thought....'the revolution has jumped off and nobody told me!?'"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 25 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #106

Cruiserweight

back on topic...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 25 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #107

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 24 2013, 09:44 PM) *
Naw Dawg, it ain't really like that at all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) We just see things differently, me and the Da Professor hardly ever saw eye to eye but yet we get along pretty well especially on this forum where we don't seem to have just Pac fans and not real fans of boxing. I have been to numerous sparring sessions and many places where sparring actually turned into gym wars and believe you me, that many of these sparring sessions are filled with big egos and they do get heated.

Ali used to whup upon Larry Holmes something fierce but as we can all tell Larry learned his lessons well and devastated Muhammad (though he was way past it by the time they actually fought) but it was no secret that Ali would taunt and touched up his partners with the same flavor he used in the ring.

I'm using examples here but as we can tell there's no way for us to simply say that sparring means nothing.

Nah I know, I respect your views and the views of others on here because at least you guys actually know some things about the sport

That was a great example of Ali and Homes, I remember Larry talking about it in that 30 for 30 documentary I believe.....I too have seen some sessions turn into more then what they were originally intended to be. I still think it's an actual difference between sparring and the actual fight. Just like there's a difference between practice and the actual games but you do have to perform well to have a shot in the real events so i don't totally right the notion off. All preparation is important

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 25 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #108

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 24 2013, 09:51 PM) *
Stephen!!!

I'll never ride a horse through the south (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 25 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #109

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 25 2013, 07:36 PM) *
Nah I know, I respect your views and the views of others on here because at least you guys actually know some things about the sport

That was a great example of Ali and Homes, I remember Larry talking about it in that 30 for 30 documentary I believe.....I too have seen some sessions turn into more then what they were originally intended to be. I still think it's an actual difference between sparring and the actual fight. Just like there's a difference between practice and the actual games but you do have to perform well to have a shot in the real events so i don't totally right the notion off. All preparation is important

tell that to some of the cats in the chi. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) they talk about philly gym wars...and fighters leaving it all in the gym. it's the same in the chi. i also feel like some don't want to see others come up like crabs in a barrell.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 25 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #110

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 01:40 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) uncle ruckus? hell naw!!! i just saw that movie 2 nights ago for the first time. truth be told...i was boycotting it because i can't stand quentin tarintino's gratuitous use of the N word.

i didn't purchase anything from the mall. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) my boy did though. he was definitely like Sam Jackson in Django. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Your so right Trantino does have a love affair with the N word. I wasn't going to go see the movie but my girl really wanted to see it and I can't lie, I knew since Trantino directed it that whites would go see it. I made sure to go to a mostly white movie theater, but I wasn't the only one who had this idea because the brothas showed out in full force. It was moments in the movie when the white folks would laugh and then right on time a black dude would try to cause trouble with them. Some of the greatest hours of my life that night (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Them white folks snapped in line like it was single file to the bathroom

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:09 PM