IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd getting worked in sparring??, Does this mean anything?
BrutUalBK
post Apr 24 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #91

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 24 2013, 01:16 PM) *
Brutal you just like disagreeing with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I disagree but your point is duly noted, I just think it's a difference on a multitude of levels in the practice setting and the actual event, in this case the event being the fight

Naw Dawg, it ain't really like that at all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) We just see things differently, me and the Da Professor hardly ever saw eye to eye but yet we get along pretty well especially on this forum where we don't seem to have just Pac fans and not real fans of boxing. I have been to numerous sparring sessions and many places where sparring actually turned into gym wars and believe you me, that many of these sparring sessions are filled with big egos and they do get heated.

Ali used to whup upon Larry Holmes something fierce but as we can all tell Larry learned his lessons well and devastated Muhammad (though he was way past it by the time they actually fought) but it was no secret that Ali would taunt and touched up his partners with the same flavor he used in the ring.

I'm using examples here but as we can tell there's no way for us to simply say that sparring means nothing.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Apr 24 2013, 09:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 24 2013, 09:47 PM
Post #92

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 06:16 PM) *
Sadly AI didn't even throw the damn chair, it was on ESPN's 30 for 30 films. He was actually trying to leave the bowling alley when some white kids said something and shit just popped off. Jordan had a great career but i think AI had demons that he could never figure out nevertheless he bought the street game to the NBA which sacred the hell out of David Stern. Everyone as getting tats and had the hair in corn rolls. It was really interesting to see. The league was a lot tougher than, you could actually play difference rather than brushing against someone and it was a flagrant foul. Honestly my favorite thing about the 90s NBA was when Rodman kicked Shaq in the nuts during the playoffs. They only suspended him for a game or two and Shaq was done after that incident. Oh well.

what really scared david stern was the pacers/pistons brawl and thats when the nba had the dress code.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 24 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #93

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 24 2013, 09:53 PM) *
I'm starting to think you had are Samuel L Jackson in Django (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Stephen!!!

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 24 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #94

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 24 2013, 02:37 PM) *
I heard it in a video interview/media interview before one of SRL's fights, he (Ray) said that he would never fight AP himself and it was no secret that they sparred regularly. I have The Hawk as one of my friend's on my yahoo account and his wife (Frankie) and I chat regularly with one another, she told me that Ray and Aaron are great friends and have a mutual respect that they've always shared but Leonard never wanted a fight with him.

Here's a transcript from one of our conversations:

Hi Brian,

Thanks so much for the photos. This is Frankie Pryor, Aaron Pryor’s wife. While Aaron may have had some of the best hands in boxing, they sure aren’t worth much on a keyboard. Therefore, he never gets on the computer himself and I get to play secretary!

Nice photo of you and Tito. We just love him. What a great champion and a truly nice man. We’ve met him at the Boxing Hall of Fame a couple of times and always enjoy seeing him. By the way, one of my favorite current fighters is Miguel Cotto. I am very impressed with his skills. Brian it’s good to know that you are a BIG Aaron Pryor fan. In fact, I think that you are such a big Aaron Pryor fan that you forgot to read the photo contest instructions closely or maybe we didn’t make ourselves clear! J You can visit our website at www.hawktime.com and look at the bottom of the home page for more info. Basically what we need is Aaron ‘The Hawk’ Pryor in the photo in any way, shape or form. You can stand next to a poster of him, hold up a magazine or photo of the Hawk or just get creative. If you notice the little girl on our website closely, you will see that she is wearing a Hawk Time hat. We’re looking for something like that. You’ve got plenty of time to come up with something creative as we’re going to run the contest until the end of July.

Brian, thanks so much for your kind words. Aaron and I have been together 16 years and one of the greatest benefits of being married to a living legend is all the amazing fans I have met over the years. It’s my opinion that boxing fans just don’t realize how much the champs enjoy their fans. In the 16 years Aaron and I have been together, I have met just about every famous fighter and a lot of them are our good friends. I think that boxing fans would be very surprised to know that the fighters sit around talking about their fans sometimes! They have their favorites too just like the fans have their favorite fighters!!!!!

Take care and we look forward to seeing a new photo from you! Aaron said to tell you, “Hey Brian, what time is it?”

Frankie Pryor for Aaron ‘The Hawk’ Pryor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKcIMjktBrU

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: Apr 24 2013, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 25 2013, 12:27 AM
Post #95

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 24 2013, 10:53 PM) *

Lmao he said I knew him before he was "Mr. Leonard", put him on blast!!! Haha, he took the jalen rose route. God damn that had me rolling.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 25 2013, 06:00 AM
Post #96

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 24 2013, 07:47 PM) *
what really scared david stern was the pacers/pistons brawl and thats when the nba had the dress code.

That was bullshit. If a fan attacks you and your teammate you should have a right to defend yourself. A dress code ain't got spit to do with an out of control fan. That ruined the Pacers as a team and careers as well.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 25 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #97

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 07:00 AM) *
That was bullshit. If a fan attacks you and your teammate you should have a right to defend yourself. A dress code ain't got spit to do with an out of control fan. That ruined the Pacers as a team and careers as well.

Lmao, he ran into the stands! He didn't even attack the dude that threw the beer at him Haha he got the wrong dude! If it was up to me artest would be out of the NBA by now especially after the harden incident, that dude has gotten too many passes and he hasn't even been a factor on the court for years now.

Yea the dress code is corny but your a professional you shouldn't be dressing like a clown anyway, plus its a business and stern knows kids and adults are watching. These guys are role models whether they want to be or not and he probably doesn't want older people to be turned off to the NBA by having his players wear baggy jeans and tall Ts.

And trust me its a rare sight anytime I partially agree with stern lol, now that whole deal with rondos head band that shit was ridiculous.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Apr 25 2013, 08:01 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 25 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #98

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 25 2013, 04:59 AM) *
Lmao, he ran into the stands! He didn't even attack the dude that threw the beer at him Haha he got the wrong dude! If it was up to me artest would be out of the NBA by now especially after the harden incident, that dude has gotten too many passes and he hasn't even been a factor on the court for years now.

Yea the dress code is corny but your a professional you shouldn't be dressing like a clown anyway, plus its a business and stern knows kids and adults are watching. These guys are role models whether they want to be or not and he probably doesn't want older people to be turned off to the NBA by having his players wear baggy jeans and tall Ts.

And trust me its a rare sight anytime I partially agree with stern lol, now that whole deal with rondos head band that shit was ridiculous.

The dress code I have no problem with now. They need to look like men and not like kids. Even though Westbrook dresses like shit but D Wade makes up for that eye sore. If Artest gets kicked out Monte Ellis needs to go with him.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 25 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #99

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

For the record, Paulie Malinaggi's face has been swollen since before he knew he was fighting Broner. If you look at his face during his telecast for the Canelo/Trout fight, it was swollen. It, in no way, changes my opinion about what will take place in that fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 25 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #100

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 12:24 PM) *
The dress code I have no problem with now. They need to look like men and not like kids. Even though Westbrook dresses like shit but D Wade makes up for that eye sore. If Artest gets kicked out Monte Ellis needs to go with him.

Monta? Why lol. Cousins needs to follow them out, and I'm a kings fan!

Paulie getting worked in training to? No wonder all these motherfuckers get hurt during training they spar harder than the box on fight night! Lol

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 03:20 PM