Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fighters with power, Sold or not?
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Is it me, or these fighters with power who are being shoved down our throats, absolutely suck when they're in the there with a guy who's either composed, can take their punch, is more intelligent, or all of the above.

We saw it last week when Angelo Santana got his clock cleaned by Bahodir Mamadjonov, Ismayl Sillakh got floored last year, Dulorme got his little world rocked and finished by Abregu, and the list goes on.

How do you feel about fighters with "power" and which new ones aren't you sold on???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 10:49 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I'll go ahead and kick it off...

Truthfully, I'm not sold on Javier Fortuna like most are. After witnessing him knock out this young guy in FNF, which required the paramedics to stroll him out of the ring, c'mon man.

As Atlas kept mentioning, Zamudio had no business being in the ring with this guy. His last fight against Hyland on the Pac/JMM IV card, he looked very ordinary when he couldn't land those huge shots.

I mean this dude had a shitty camp (according to promoter) and didn't make weight yesterday. He came out guns blazing in this fight, as if he knew that he was gonna look bad if the fight went on longer.

I'm just not sold on this guy, and his failure to make weight let's me know that he isn't what he's hyped up to be. He hangs on Sergio's nuts, and he looks like he knows that a loss is around the corner for him.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 20 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

Fighters arent being taught the basics. Teddy talked about that in an article a couple of weeks ago. I expect Keith Thurman to look ordinary the minute he starts fighting the top contenders.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 20 2013, 03:57 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

They want to sell tickets. KO's sell tickets. Who doesnt like to see a train wreck?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 20 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Am not sold on guys with power because really who has that sheer brute power? Like the Hawk style or the right hand of Hearns or Foreman although he's a heavyweight. Nobody it seems, there all in MMA because its easier to get the KO

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 20 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

[quote name='leonthegee' post='578724' date='Apr 20 2013, 01:33 AM']Fighters arent being taught the basics. Teddy talked about that in an article a couple of weeks ago. I expect Keith Thurman to look ordinary the minute he starts fighting the top contenders

Thurman has glaring holes in his game... soon to be exploited after he fights some real deal opponents.

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 20 2013, 05:02 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 20 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

It's a difference between fighters of the past with power and these recent guys with power. And I think the difference is the fundamentals. It seems like the basic principles are being ignored in favor of selling tix. And that's what these power guys do, they sell tix, if you match them up well which alot of them have been, then you'll be fine. But when you put them in with someone who was fortunate enough to have a trainer who taught them the fundamentals of the game then more then likely the power puncher is in trouble

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 20 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 11:49 PM) *
I'll go ahead and kick it off...

Truthfully, I'm not sold on Javier Fortuna like most are. After witnessing him knock out this young guy in FNF, which required the paramedics to stroll him out of the ring, c'mon man.

As Atlas kept mentioning, Zamudio had no business being in the ring with this guy. His last fight against Hyland on the Pac/JMM IV card, he looked very ordinary when he couldn't land those huge shots.

I mean this dude had a shitty camp (according to promoter) and didn't make weight yesterday. He came out guns blazing in this fight, as if he knew that he was gonna look bad if the fight went on longer.

I'm just not sold on this guy, and his failure to make weight let's me know that he isn't what he's hyped up to be. He hangs on Sergio's nuts, and he looks like he knows that a loss is around the corner for him.

Zamudia's handlers need to be prosecuted for reckless endangerment. He had ZERO business in that ring. Fortuna looked wild and out of control but it didn't matter. Ole boy just got overwhelmed.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 20 2013, 09:27 AM) *
Am not sold on guys with power because really who has that sheer brute power? Like the Hawk style or the right hand of Hearns or Foreman although he's a heavyweight. Nobody it seems, there all in MMA because its easier to get the KO

the guys with no defense are in mma. that's why they have those crazy ko's. their punching is horrible. i can't watch.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 20 2013, 10:37 PM) *
Zamudia's handlers need to be prosecuted for reckless endangerment. He had ZERO business in that ring. Fortuna looked wild and out of control but it didn't matter. Ole boy just got overwhelmed.

fight should have been stopped after the first knockdown. any report on that kid? he was out cold and didn't appear to be moving when they took him out the ring.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:32 AM