IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NBC@4pm(ET)/1PM(PT) Fury vs. Cunningham-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Alvarez-Trout
ROME
post Apr 20 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #31

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,535

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2013, 07:50 PM) *
I'm glad to be of service to you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I tried to keep everything as close to accurate as possible, because I know some of you guys weren't able to watch a fight this early in the day. Well, at least that was my first guess. Besides, I didn't wanna be on here posting by myself and sounding like a complete retard while calling the fight...the pressure was on me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I still hate it for Steve, but fighting big guys like that, requires a lot more than going for one big shot after it gives you some success early. It's almost like he only focused on Fury's chin, while the rest of Fury's 250+ body gave him trouble. When I saw Steve circling beyond his liking, while Fury towered over him, I knew it was a wrap sooner or later.

All I can say to these other fighters, is be glad yall aren't fuckin' HWs. Anything beyond the required weight limit is fair game, excluding rehydration. Fury had Cunningham by 40 lbs yesterday, so I can imagine that he put on another possible 10-15 overnight. Smh

I concur. Steve is actually lucky that Fury isn't a big puncher FOR HIS SIZE, otherwise the knock out could have been much more brutal and potentially career ending. When a dude has 44lbs on you like was the case in this fight, there's no telling what could happen. It sounds as though Steve was knocked out more as a result of exhaustion, both mental and physical, than from the power of the punch(es)...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 22 2013, 08:36 AM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (ROME @ Apr 20 2013, 08:03 PM) *
I concur. Steve is actually lucky that Fury isn't a big puncher FOR HIS SIZE, otherwise the knock out could have been much more brutal and potentially career ending. When a dude has 44lbs on you like was the case in this fight, there's no telling what could happen. It sounds as though Steve was knocked out more as a result of exhaustion, both mental and physical, than from the power of the punch(es)...

Agreed

That HW division is crazy when it comes to weight, but that's how it goes. I think Fury worked him good the 6th round, after he found some success with is size in the 5th. Honestly, not taking much away from Fury, but Steve beat himself...Fury just did the honors at the end.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2013, 04:09 PM) *
How can I start my prediction, hmm....let's see...oh there it is, now I know! Tyson Fury is one of the biggest cunts in the sport, but I'd be doing him an injustice if I didn't throw that adjective "verbally entertaining" in front of "cunt". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like Cunningham's style, but it may not be enough for Fury's size and clubbing power. I've seen Chisora tee off on Fury, but I'm not sure if Cunningham has the power to follow up, though he has the speed. Fury by TKO, no later than the 7th round while Cunningham steals the early rounds with movement.

Again, I like Cunningham, but I'm not sure where his head is at for this fight. I read this morning about him still complaining about his two losses (more so the recent controversial decision) to Adamek. Dude, you have a huge guy in front of you, ready to hurt you, and just why are you still tripping about the loss? Focus? Nope.

I'm stoked for Stevens vs Findley. We all know Findley is a tough customer, and Stevens is BACK, but who knows if the inconsistent side of Stevens will surface if things don't go his way early. I'm not sure how to call this. Findley is known to weather the storm early and make it a dog fight.

impressive.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

never saw fury before this fight. i have to say...this dude is as raw as they come. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) where did they get him!? i can see him beating plenty of the guys at heavyweight. it's still in such a sad state. at the very least...i like his confidence and i must say he is entertaining.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 22 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #35

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 08:48 PM) *
never saw fury before this fight. i have to say...this dude is as raw as they come. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) where did they get him!? i can see him beating plenty of the guys at heavyweight. it's still in such a sad state. at the very least...i like his confidence and i must say he is entertaining.

He's big, powerful, and an entertaining oaf with no skills. Will beat most of today's heavyweights because they are such a POS. He might get up to the level of say, I don't know Tommy Morrison or something. Somewhere between that and a bad Gerry Cooney clone. hahaha!

But shit, he came to fight and for heavyweights that was entertaining as hell. He's YEARS away from competing with a Klitschko, unless said Klit runs into a punch blitz. Lightning in a bottle is this guy's only hope.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 23 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 23 2013, 12:14 AM) *
He's big, powerful, and an entertaining oaf with no skills. Will beat most of today's heavyweights because they are such a POS. He might get up to the level of say, I don't know Tommy Morrison or something. Somewhere between that and a bad Gerry Cooney clone. hahaha!

But shit, he came to fight and for heavyweights that was entertaining as hell. He's YEARS away from competing with a Klitschko, unless said Klit runs into a punch blitz. Lightning in a bottle is this guy's only hope.

Jack

i like him. i'm a tyson fury fan just off that one fight. he's got a little something and i can definitely see him being at the top of the heap with a little more skill.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 23 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 23 2013, 01:51 PM) *
i like him. i'm a tyson fury fan just off that one fight. he's got a little something and i can definitely see him being at the top of the heap with a little more skill.

You slippin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think he has upside but not much, his saving grace is that the division he fights in is not filled with much talent. Cunningham isn't even a true heavy and had some success against him. He's nothing special, he sums up his division perfectly in terms of his talent

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 23 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 22 2013, 11:14 PM) *

Jack

That's exactly what he is, he's going to run into trouble sooner or later and then we'll see how he reacts. Even though Price got ko'd by Thompson, I think Price beats Fury

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 23 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #39

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2013, 04:41 PM) *
That's exactly what he is, he's going to run into trouble sooner or later and then we'll see how he reacts. Even though Price got ko'd by Thompson, I think Price beats Fury

Exactly!

A strong powerful no skilled, but determined guy. However, when you are dropped by Cunningham, when Steve isn't even in that natural heavyweight class? That's a glass chin, and it is more likely to get shattered sooner rather than later if he runs into a real puncher with some skills. A skilled fighter will be able to see Fury's shots from a mile away.

A Floyd Patterson chin if not worse! Maybe that's not fair to Floyd because he was very skilled. His chin was his downfall.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 23 2013, 05:46 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2013, 05:40 PM) *
You slippin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think he has upside but not much, his saving grace is that the division he fights in is not filled with much talent. Cunningham isn't even a true heavy and had some success against him. He's nothing special, he sums up his division perfectly in terms of his talent

let me ask u this.... if given the choice of watching the klitschko's beat up on some no hopers or tyson fury beat up on ppl who actually have a chance to beat him....which would you prefer to watch?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 11:21 AM