IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Alveraz vs. Trout: SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Card
Jack 1000
post Apr 20 2013, 03:12 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Catch all the action and post-fight reactions to the Alvarez-Trout world Jr. Middleweight Championship Unification tonight! Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 20 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

laurence cole is ref. that means trout is against 2 people in the ring.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 20 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 20 2013, 04:17 PM) *
laurence cole is ref. that means trout is against 2 people in the ring.

Not just two people, but a potential mob of 30,000 well, Trout might have about 1000 fans from his area of New Mexico. However, Texas, its officials, and its community are unlikely to do sick Black fighting southpaws any favors. Whittaker's fight with Chavez in the same venue shows historic evidence of this. Jose Suliman's comments, "Alvarez is the best champion" a potentially very hostile crowd. NOTHING is in Trout's favor for this fight.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 20 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Trout better go for the gusto tonight...no time for bullshit and playing the people's champ role. I need a Ortiz/Berto round 1 from Trout, nothing less.

If he hurts Canelo, then he needs to follow up "effectively". Some guys get hurt early and actually get into the fight, and some struggle to recover, leading to an eventual TKO or loss on the cards.

Trout needs to use his jab and keep this dude off of him, because he will take a few shots just to get his own off. As we all know, Canelo hasn't been in there with a true 154 pounder, so the way he takes the shots and weight from his opponent, remains to be seen.

Canelo's fight is against the ropes, and his defense is a bit underrated. At the same time, it's not all that hard to find him either. Trout mentioned that down the stretch of the fight, Canelo tends to slow down. Well, Trout tends to take a couple of rounds off as well, so the breaking point may be the midpoint of the fight, if nothing crazy happens by the 5th.

I like Canelo's combination punches, which he's great at when his opponent stays in front of him too long. Since Trout is known to move during fights, I wonder what adjustments Canelo will make if that happens. Maybe slow him down with the body punches?

Canelo's best bet is to slow Trout down to the body, while Trout's best bet is to stick to his jab and follow up effectively with it. My biggest hopes here, is that both guys wont simultaneously use their weapons, or else we're in for a boring fight, which Trout is great at making. Lol

Trout AND his corner needs to watch out for the skullduggery that Texas doesn't mind serving up. His team needs to stay out of the ring until it's safe to step in, in the event that a knockdown or a damn near close stoppage occurs. Remember what happened in the Kirkland/Molina fight? And Molina is Hispanic for fuck's sake. They better not even leave a drop of water in the corner between rounds. Lol

I say that Trout takes this by a UD, possibly 7-5, which is usually the breaking point of a robbery happening because the other guy being awarded 7-5 for a close fight...ask Manny about that (Bradley fight). Anytime I hear 115-113, I start to worry. Lol. Canelo's not a "distance" fighter (fighting great down the stretch), and Trout is formidable opponent who will test him down the stretch, so we'll see.

Though I voted for a UD in favor of Trout, I feel Canelo upsetting the apple cart, just because I don't like him very much. Maybe a TKO in the 5th, or no later than the 7th if Trout gets reckless (maybe because of the crowd).

PS: Let's all pray that no "bad" cuts occur during this bout. Anybody ready to see Figuroa (sp) vs Abner Cotto??? I know I am.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 20 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #5

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,750

I'm rooting for Trout (like I said in the other thread for doing it the hard way) but I ain't seen enough of him. What he did against Cotto was mindblowing and a win here would be the beginnings of a real rivalry and some real money for Austin Trout. The kind of stuff he deserves.

I'm thinking about speed and power with Canelo. He has bucketfuls of that as hs disposal. Cotto is big and fast but Canelo is faster and stronger.

I can't wait for this to kick off.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 20 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Does the fight start at 3am in the UK? or is that just the undercards?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 20 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #7

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2013, 06:11 PM) *
Trout better go for the gusto tonight...no time for bullshit and playing the people's champ role. I need a Ortiz/Berto round 1 from Trout, nothing less.

If he hurts Canelo, then he needs to follow up "effectively". Some guys get hurt early and actually get into the fight, and some struggle to recover, leading to an eventual TKO or loss on the cards.

Trout needs to use his jab and keep this dude off of him, because he will take a few shots just to get his own off. As we all know, Canelo hasn't been in there with a true 154 pounder, so the way he takes the shots and weight from his opponent, remains to be seen.

Canelo's fight is against the ropes, and his defense is a bit underrated. At the same time, it's not all that hard to find him either. Trout mentioned that down the stretch of the fight, Canelo tends to slow down. Well, Trout tends to take a couple of rounds off as well, so the breaking point may be the midpoint of the fight, if nothing crazy happens by the 5th.

I like Canelo's combination punches, which he's great at when his opponent stays in front of him too long. Since Trout is known to move during fights, I wonder what adjustments Canelo will make if that happens. Maybe slow him down with the body punches?

Canelo's best bet is to slow Trout down to the body, while Trout's best bet is to stick to his jab and follow up effectively with it. My biggest hopes here, is that both guys wont simultaneously use their weapons, or else we're in for a boring fight, which Trout is great at making. Lol

Trout AND his corner needs to watch out for the skullduggery that Texas doesn't mind serving up. His team needs to stay out of the ring until it's safe to step in, in the event that a knockdown or a damn near close stoppage occurs. Remember what happened in the Kirkland/Molina fight? And Molina is Hispanic for fuck's sake. They better not even leave a drop of water in the corner between rounds. Lol

I say that Trout takes this by a UD, possibly 7-5, which is usually the breaking point of a robbery happening because the other guy being awarded 7-5 for a close fight...ask Manny about that (Bradley fight). Anytime I hear 115-113, I start to worry. Lol. Canelo's not a "distance" fighter (fighting great down the stretch), and Trout is formidable opponent who will test him down the stretch, so we'll see.

Though I voted for a UD in favor of Trout, I feel Canelo upsetting the apple cart, just because I don't like him very much. Maybe a TKO in the 5th, or no later than the 7th if Trout gets reckless (maybe because of the crowd).

PS: Let's all pray that no "bad" cuts occur during this bout. Anybody ready to see Figuroa (sp) vs Abner Cotto??? I know I am.

WOW!

Cshel, did you post that right? Trout by UD 7-5? (115-113-no points off or knockdowns.)

I think Trout will in the eyes of most 116-112 to 115-113, but will lose a SD to Alvarez.

One judge will go 115-113 Trout
The other will go 115-113 Alvarez
The Texas designated judge will go a ridiculous 117-111 for Alvarez.

Cole, that little Texas commission Daddy's influence is gonna let Alvarez do his thing just like Lou Moret let Guerrero get away with anything during the Berto fight. This will be just as bad. Better not have Trout get a cut eye or some shit. The doctor could look to stop it over a little nothing scrap. And Suliman and "Grin Boy" Delahoya will be so happy! I hate Delhaoy's grin!!! He's be the kind of guy that would sit there with that grin at a funeral. He's been grinning since this fight was signed. Why would he let Alvarez take a hard fight with Trout unless something's up?

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 20 2013, 06:47 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Trout needs to dominate something like 9-3 to win

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 20 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 20 2013, 07:38 PM) *
WOW!

Cshel, did you post that right? Trout by UD 7-5? (115-113-no points off or knockdowns.)

I think Trout will in the eyes of most 116-112 to 115-113, but will lose a SD to Alvarez.

One judge will go 115-113 Trout
The other will go 115-113 Alvarez
The Texas designated judge will go a ridiculous 117-111 for Alvarez.

Cole, that little Texas commission Daddy's influence is gonna let Alvarez do his thing just like Lou Moret let Guerrero get away with anything during the Berto fight. This will be just as bad. Better not have Trout get a cut eye or some shit. The doctor could look to stop it over a little nothing scrap. And Suliman and "Grin Boy" Delahoya will be so happy! I hate Delhaoy's grin!!! He's be the kind of guy that would sit there with that grin at a funeral. He's been grinning since this fight was signed. Why would he let Alvarez take a hard fight with Trout unless something's up?

Jack

Sorry Jack, you know my math is bad when it comes to scoring. I can always tell you how many rounds a guy wins, but adding up the numbers is like Trigonometry for me, especially knockdowns/point deductions occur...or did I have it right??? Lol

Anytime it's close, like a 7-5 affair, you can almost bet that one judge has it for Fighter A, while the other judge has it for Fighter B, and you could only hope that the 3rd judge isn't a clueless jerkoff.

Trout needs to keep 'em up tonight, I remember one of his body shots strayed low against Miguel, or did he just catch him good? Canelo has the same tendencies to land 'em low, though he doesn't do it on purpose.

I agree with the whole officiating situation. I hope that the worse that Cole does tonight, is tell Canelo that he's winning the fight, just like he Marquez in one of his fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Too funny. I cant Oscar De La Hommo and ANY facial expression that he makes. I don't know who will be worse ringside, him or gap-toothed Hopkins yelling instructions.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 20 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #10

The Consultant

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 20 2013, 06:47 PM) *
Trout needs to dominate something like 9-3 to win

Or at least get a draw.

Jack

+Quote Post

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:15 AM