IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Alveraz vs. Trout: SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Card
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #261

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I told yawl a robbery. Canelo was wild at times and he did land some big shots but in spurts. Just look at how the fight went. Even with the knock down in the 7th round he controlled the rest of the round. This is the BS i hate about boxing. Austin had to know there was no way he could win. I had this fight 8-4 Trout. Canelo got outworked and to be honest trout looked like the better fighter and boxer.

Showtime had their pom poms out for Saul and I just do not understand how scoring can be this off. I am glad I did not see this live or else my TV would be broken. It was amazing how Saul could not believe he could not finish off Trout, he was even surprised that with his punches were not really hurting him. That is what happens when you fight a fighter in your weigh class. I hate fucking boxing right now.

I am tired of Oscar, I really am. He needs to shut the fuck up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 21 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #262

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

R1 - Trout 10-9
R2 - Canelo 19-19
R3 - Trout 29-28 (close)
R4 - Trout 39-37 (close)
R5 - Canelo 48-47 (close)
R6 - Trout 58-56 (very close)
R7 - Canelo 66-66 (Yes I scored it a 10-8 round. Trout was fighting back on shaky legs, but didn't do much to gain Canelo's respect or slow him down)
R8 - Trout 76-75
R9 - Canelo 85-85 (Trout was busier, but again, failed to land a meaningful eye-popping shot)
R10- Trout 95-94
R11- Canelo 104-104
R12- Trout 114-113 (Canelo didn't press the action at all, well, maybe in some spots during the last 20 seconds).

So, on my card, Trout edged it by 1 point, in a close 114-113 decision. Had I given Trout a 10-9 round for the 7th round in which he was knocked down, then we'd be talking 115-113.

What in world did I tell you guys about close fights that end in a 115-113 affair? There's a 110% chance that somebody will get edged, and both camps will be pissed. Not only that, but 115-113 affairs are close fights with close rounds that could go in favor of either guy. When you're faced with those "up in the air" rounds where either guy could've pulled it off, scoring then becomes a lot more subjective than it already is, and it looks as if both sides could be right.

When guys like Trout are bad at mounting an offense, and knows for a fact that they don't have enough power to keep a guy honest, then the pressure is all on them. Trout doesn't seem like he sits down on a lot of his punches, which is a reason that he couldn't get Canelo's respect.

It seems like everything that Trout threw, were shoeshine-like punches, and most of them either grazed Canelo or he slipped them. When a guy cranks the Ali Shuffle and showboats with his hands down, he either knows that he's winning the fight, or he knows that you cant hit and/or hurt him.

Those open scoring cards after the 8th were horrible, 80-71, 78-73, and 76-75 in favor of Canelo. The only one that I agreed with was the 76-75, but my card read the same in favor of Trout. That appeared to be the only judge that was actually watching the damn fight. But that 118-109 card? WTF?

I was hard on Trout last night, because he knew what he was up against. Those soft combination punches and high volumes of punches with nothing landing, screamed, "Ay look judges, I'm the aggressor simply because I'm throwing punches". Problem? Trout trying to convince the judges with anything other than HARD punches, knockdowns, or a knockout.

Everything that wasn't "Trout-like" should've been done by Trout last night. He had 38,000 fans out there (more in favor of Canelo), some disingenuous judges, and the fans/boxing business dreaming of a Mayweather/Canelo fight. Even if Trout had won, he would've had to rematch Canelo IMMEDIATELY (according to the contract), so whatever he did last to win, would've had to been repeated in an immediate rematch. Smh

+Quote Post
emd01
post Apr 21 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #263

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Damn people really hate this kid here huh? My hats off to Canelo. I thought he fought a good fight and showed what a young fighter should show...improvements. We have to remember the guy is only 22 and isnt in his prime yet. I remember not long ago people were saying "Oh but he hasnt fought any real 154 lbers." and now that he has he still catches heat for it lol.

I had it 7-5 for Canelo. The judging was ridiculous but at least they got it right and judging by Trouts reaction after the final bell he wouldnt argue against it. The kid beat an undefeated fighter and floored him for the first time in his career and I dont remember seeing Trout hit him with an eye widening shot all night. Give the kid a break....its not his fault his promoter is a sissy and is slowly moving him along. The kid is a fighter...cool as a popsicle in that ring and thats his best quality.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #264

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2013, 10:20 AM) *
R1 - Trout 10-9
R2 - Canelo 19-19
R3 - Trout 29-28 (close)
R4 - Trout 39-37 (close)
R5 - Canelo 48-47 (close)
R6 - Trout 58-56 (very close)
R7 - Canelo 66-66 (Yes I scored it a 10-8 round. Trout was fighting back on shaky legs, but didn't do much to gain Canelo's respect or slow him down)
R8 - Trout 76-75
R9 - Canelo 85-85 (Trout was busier, but again, failed to land a meaningful eye-popping shot)
R10- Trout 95-94
R11- Canelo 104-104
R12- Trout 114-113 (Canelo didn't press the action at all, well, maybe in some spots during the last 20 seconds).

So, on my card, Trout edged it by 1 point, in a close 114-113 decision. Had I given Trout a 10-9 round for the 7th round in which he was knocked down, then we'd be talking 115-113.

What in world did I tell you guys about close fights that end in a 115-113 affair? There's a 110% chance that somebody will get edged, and both camps will be pissed. Not only that, but 115-113 affairs are close fights with close rounds that could go in favor of either guy. When you're faced with those "up in the air" rounds where either guy could've pulled it off, scoring then becomes a lot more subjective than it already is, and it looks as if both sides could be right.

When guys like Trout are bad at mounting an offense, and knows for a fact that they don't have enough power to keep a guy honest, then the pressure is all on them. Trout doesn't seem like he sits down on a lot of his punches, which is a reason that he couldn't get Canelo's respect.

It seems like everything that Trout threw, were shoeshine-like punches, and most of them either grazed Canelo or he slipped them. When a guy cranks the Ali Shuffle and showboats with his hands down, he either knows that he's winning the fight, or he knows that you cant hit and/or hurt him.

Those open scoring cards after the 8th were horrible, 80-71, 78-73, and 76-75 in favor of Canelo. The only one that I agreed with was the 76-75, but my card read the same in favor of Trout. That appeared to be the only judge that was actually watching the damn fight. But that 118-109 card? WTF?

I was hard on Trout last night, because he knew what he was up against. Those soft combination punches and high volumes of punches with nothing landing, screamed, "Ay look judges, I'm the aggressor simply because I'm throwing punches". Problem? Trout trying to convince the judges with anything other than HARD punches, knockdowns, or a knockout.

Everything that wasn't "Trout-like" should've been done by Trout last night. He had 38,000 fans out there (more in favor of Canelo), some disingenuous judges, and the fans/boxing business dreaming of a Mayweather/Canelo fight. Even if Trout had won, he would've had to rematch Canelo IMMEDIATELY (according to the contract), so whatever he did last to win, would've had to been repeated in an immediate rematch. Smh

I do not believe just because you throw a few power shots in a round you should be awarded the round. Trout outworked and boxed Alvarez and yes Saul dodged a lot of punches but so did Trout. A lot of Saul's shots landed on Trout's chest and glazed his cheek. Showtime really did push the Saul machine I thought they were HBO, even Paulie was on that band wagon. Trout sounded defeated and I am wondering did he take the gas off on purpose maybe he was paid off hell I do not know. I am upset because judges reward one big shot and they feel that will win rounds when the guy who cuts off the ring sets traps and breaks your guard loses. Someone really has to explain to me how they scored this fight. Saul looked good last night but not enough to win. Win Trout let his hands go great things happened. I'm disgusted right now. Rather they gave the fight to Saul is one thing but to say he did not win a round is ridiculous.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #265

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (emd01 @ Apr 21 2013, 11:53 AM) *
Damn people really hate this kid here huh? My hats off to Canelo. I thought he fought a good fight and showed what a young fighter should show...improvements. We have to remember the guy is only 22 and isnt in his prime yet. I remember not long ago people were saying "Oh but he hasnt fought any real 154 lbers." and now that he has he still catches heat for it lol.

I had it 7-5 for Canelo. The judging was ridiculous but at least they got it right and judging by Trouts reaction after the final bell he wouldnt argue against it. The kid beat an undefeated fighter and floored him for the first time in his career and I dont remember seeing Trout hit him with an eye widening shot all night. Give the kid a break....its not his fault his promoter is a sissy and is slowly moving him along. The kid is a fighter...cool as a popsicle in that ring and thats his best quality.

And your assessment is exactly what is wrong with boxing as a whole. I do not hate Alvarez what I do hate is the fact that he won a lopsided decision and this is his first fight fighting a 154 fighter and now everyone wants to suck his big toe. People love the razzle dazzle of boxing, yes he popped him a few times but come on, Trout came back in the 7th and actually walked him down and took over the round it was a 10-9 round. He has improved but his record is bullshit.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 21 2013, 02:00 PM
Post #266

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

This is the thing. What's really happenning is Trout is going into the lion's den and he has to face the music and step up his game. He has to win rounds convincingly and not closely. He should be dominating round after round...its an uphill battle for him and of course thats unjust. Just comparting cards:

I got
1st 10-9 Trout
2nd 19-19 Canelo
3rd 29-29 Even
4th 39-38 Canelo
5th 48-48 Trout
6th 58-57 Trout (No Doubt!)
7th 67-66 Canelo (For the knockdown)
8th 76-76 Trout (no Doubt!)
9th 86-85 Canelo
10th 95-95 Trout (No Doubt!)
11th 105-105 Even
12th 115-114 Trout (No Doubt!)

A lot of the early rounds were very close and theres the judgs you always gotta put on a convicing display for the judges and this was nothing like the Austin Trout we saw in Madison Square Garden beating Cotto.

And then there was the fact we never got to see a WAR break out...there were POINTS when it looked like thatwas going to happen but then Trout would check himself and go back to his gameplan and his gameplan was obviously not to get hit cos he would get his lights knocked out.

Once his chin was tested that was it...he wasn't going to throw this away by going ot war...some people admire that as smart.

I don't

This post has been edited by Amandla: Apr 21 2013, 02:06 PM

+Quote Post
emd01
post Apr 21 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #267

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

So a lot of the rounds were close but you think its impossible that someone could give the close rounds to Canelo and not Trout? Theres a million things wrong with boxing and it was an opinion not an assessment. We all know judges give BS scores in every big fight, for the most part, I was just saying at least someone didnt get cheated and thats my opinion. I'm not going to not give the kid props because people have something personal against the way he's being promoted. The kid is a good, solid fighter! If i'm sucking his big toe for saying that then so be it lol.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 21 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #268

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I think Trout won but so be it, am I biased for having money on Trout probably. I need to rewatch it so I can make up my mind. For some reason more and more I think am starting to prefer the British commentary, at times the showtime commentary seems to have the pom poms out for Canelo

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 21 2013, 02:11 PM

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 21 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #269

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

QUOTE (emd01 @ Apr 21 2013, 02:08 PM) *
So a lot of the rounds were close but you think its impossible that someone could give the close rounds to Canelo and not Trout? Theres a million things wrong with boxing and it was an opinion not an assessment. We all know judges give BS scores in every big fight, for the most part, I was just saying at least someone didnt get cheated and thats my opinion. I'm not going to not give the kid props because people have something personal against the way he's being promoted. The kid is a good, solid fighter! If i'm sucking his big toe for saying that then so be it lol.

I totally agree Canelo has the skills and the style of a warrior, a massive number of pro-fights under his belt and he is only 22 years ld.

He certainly gets my respect but it was a close fight. There should be talk of a rematch....but there won't be because he's THE GoldenBoy promotional project. He is De La Hoya's little baby as far as a lot of people see him and thats why theres so much hatefor Canelo.

Thats the sad part about the modern game. You get a great warrior and fighter and some machine comes along and shapes and manages him into a personan and a commodoty.

I'm sure Canelo wants more fights against tougher opposition.

This post has been edited by Amandla: Apr 21 2013, 02:28 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Apr 21 2013, 02:28 PM
Post #270

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 21 2013, 02:10 PM) *
I think Trout won but so be it, am I biased for having money on Trout probably. I need to rewatch it so I can make up my mind. For some reason more and more I think am starting to prefer the British commentary, at times the showtime commentary seems to have the pom poms out for Canelo

at times i was wondering if someone in the nose bleeds could see the fight better than they did, shit was making me sick

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:04 PM