IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Alveraz vs. Trout: SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Card
The Original MrF...
post Apr 24 2013, 10:16 AM
Post #291

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

I think many who hate open scoring and the way it was presented in this fight may have really hated it because of the horrific scores read in the 8th round. If that score had a dead even fight, I dont think there would be as much backlash. I think that score was shown after the 8th round that showed Trout trailing badly that pissed everybody off. Stevie Wonder's scorecard had it close after 8.

I think open scoring can be done with success. I think it should be done after each round. I know the crowd may then sway the judges at ringside, just a bit after the scores are read. I also think that maybe there should be 5 Judges. 3 at ringside and 2 in a secluded room with a few monitors watching the fight with no replays or commentary just to balance that out just a bit. The ringside judges, particularly for this fight may get swayed way too much by the crowd. The secluded judges will see the fight in a more objective way. As it is now, we know judges are only human and dont have the benefit of replay, as we do. So they may see a scoring shot that didnt really score. That was also very evident in Pacquiao/Bradley.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 28 29 30
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:41 PM