IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are Showtime Announcers copying HBO's??, All over Canelo's coattail but Austin got nada!!
BrutUalBK
post Apr 21 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

We all know how bad of a job Jim Lampley and his crew would gulf the b@ll$ of their house fighters but it appeared to me last night that Showtime's crew was had b@ll$ in their jaws from Alvarez. Trout landed punch after punch and though it had little pop on them he still landed but nothing was mentioned when he landed.

Was the Showtime Crew teabagging Canelo and being totally unfair to Trout??

Is there something we (the boxing public) can do to shine some light on this unfairness (if it indeed exists or just a figment of my imagination)?

DISCUSS!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 21 2013, 03:25 PM) *
We all know how bad of a job Jim Lampley and his crew would gulf the b@ll$ of their house fighters but it appeared to me last night that Showtime's crew was had b@ll$ in their jaws from Alvarez. Trout landed punch after punch and though it had little pop on them he still landed but nothing was mentioned when he landed.

Was the Showtime Crew teabagging Canelo and being totally unfair to Trout??

Is there something we (the boxing public) can do to shine some light on this unfairness (if it indeed exists or just a figment of my imagination)?

DISCUSS!!

It was sickening! Paulie even was on the act. Now Farhood was pretty balanced but the others it was a free blow job for Alvarez. I guess they want Saul to stay with Showtime. It is to be expected. They have to make their fighters feel love.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 21 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Well they did mention how it was a close fight and didn't agree with the judges who had it so far ahead.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 21 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 21 2013, 06:40 PM) *
Well they did mention how it was a close fight and didn't agree with the judges who had it so far ahead.

Yes they did but during the fight they hardly called anything for Trout, when he was landing 4-1 on shots but then when Canelo landed his one shot they made it sound as though he was thoroughly dominating the rounds.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 21 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

I didnt think it was as bad as HBO. Its easy to call Canelos punches because you can see those. Trouts a slap boxer. 20% connect percentage? Hes lucky he even got a check.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 21 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 21 2013, 07:32 PM) *
I didnt think it was as bad as HBO. Its easy to call Canelos punches because you can see those. Trouts a slap boxer. 20% connect percentage? Hes lucky he even got a check.

You thought that AT was slapping? If that's the case then those slaps had Canelo damn near ready to go in the 6th and let's not forget about the punch that nobody scored (not even the Judges)-the Jab.

AT was controlling the vast majority of the fight with his jab alone, sure Alvarez made him miss a few but Canelo never really threw or landed many of his own but go and look at the stats on the jab and see how wide a river that is between them.

It appears the most important punch in boxing was not and is not even counted these days, what happened to the days of Larry Holmes (when one ruled the sport on his jab alone)??

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 21 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 21 2013, 04:38 PM) *
You thought that AT was slapping? If that's the case then those slaps had Canelo damn near ready to go in the 6th and let's not forget about the punch that nobody scored (not even the Judges)-the Jab.

AT was controlling the vast majority of the fight with his jab alone, sure Alvarez made him miss a few but Canelo never really threw or landed many of his own but go and look at the stats on the jab and see how wide a river that is between them.

It appears the most important punch in boxing was not and is not even counted these days, what happened to the days of Larry Holmes (when one ruled the sport on his jab alone)??

Im not saying he didnt win. I thought it was close. I stopped scoring the fight once they revealed the judges scores after 8 rounds. It was obvious to me that they were gonna to give Canelo the fight. But I didnt see much from either fighter.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 21 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Trust me, they didn't do 1/8 as bad as HBO. Let's be real here, this fight could've been on HBO, TNT, TBS, CNN, NBC, QVS, Oxygen, Nick Jr, whatever...the announcer's table would've been as bad you guys are describing it. Showtime wasn't all that bad, Trout just didn't give them too many reasons to speak up.

We have to keep in mind that fans/boxing world are clamoring for a Mayweather/Canelo fight within the next year, so of course they're gonna put extra mustard on everything that he does.

For christ's sake, they sang the fuckin' national anthems last night on a non-ppv card...when was the last time we've seen that done??? Hell, they sang the Mexican National Anthem for Canelo before the Mosley fight on the Mayweather/Cotto undercard...again, when was the last time we saw that?

They're pushing this kid...HARD. They did the same for Khan...having a fight in Washington D.C. against a "slick black fighter"...setting the stage for a Mayweather fight in the near future. They tried with Victor Ortiz, with keeping his fights on the West Coast and having him shadow Oscar like a lost kid in the mall.

Canelo is the only one who's passed the test thus far. Of course the networks are gonna pump him up. Again, I didn't see the Showtime team being anywhere as bad as the HBO team. Those dudes are blatant nuthuggers, and could give a flying flock of rat shit about what we thought..because they "thought" they has the "megafight" in the bag...until it fell through for good. HBO seems to be coming to their little dense senses nowadays, right? Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 22 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

They weren't as bad as HBO. I don't think we'll ever see nut hugging on that level but I won't count it out just yet. They were throwing a lot of love Canelo's way but expect a lot of that going forward. As long as that Mayweather fight is out there, we should all get used to hearing the commentators say things like they did last night about Canelo

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 22 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

It was worse than Hbo. I did not expect that at all

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:21 AM