IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
CrazyBuffalO
post May 1 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #101

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,128

Floyd is not ducking Alavarez.

He is not answering now because as a fighter, when you have an upcoming fight, and in this case with Guerrero, you gotta focus your mind on whats at hand (not thinking far ahead with who's you're fighting next).

You take it one opponent at a time.

Many times before, when a fighter thinks too far ahead (they lose focus on the current job at hand) and they lose. Pacquiao lost because while fighting Bradley he was thinking about facing Floyd next. And while fighting Marquez, again he was thinking about Floyd as his next potential opponent. So his focus was not on what his opponent at hand was and that's dangerous because it's like you're not paying attention to the job at hand. And the opponent at hand can always bring surprises to the table! And that's been the case many times.

Floyd never talks about who his future opponents are gonna be whenever he has a current opponent at hand. So it's focus on the current opponent, focus on the current opponent, focus on the current opponent. Then when the job is done, that's when one can start talking about a 'next' opponent.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 1 2013, 01:08 AM
Post #102

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 30 2013, 11:56 PM) *
Since when did Canelo become so elite and avoided??? I'm just curious...

When he called out Mayweather to sign a contract after verbally promising to make the fight should they both win their upcoming bouts. Mayweather refused to put pen to paper. It was just solidifying what he already verbally agreed to. I understand, Mayeather takes it one fight at a time, but the psychic in me tells me that even after Guerrero, he wont sign to fight Canelo. We've seen this before. I'm not saying Canelo is a world beater, but I think he uses his size and power to beat Mayweather.

There will be some excuse, likely an injury to his hands, ribs or shoulder. Canelo will move on and Mayweather will heal. He'll refuse to work with Goldenboy or something like that. He'll say he's working exclusively on mayweather promotions or something like that, so he doesnt have to fight Goldenboy fighters. Excuses will fly after Guerrero, count on it. At some point the fans will have this guy figured out. This has been his trend, his legacy.

+Quote Post
Genius
post May 1 2013, 02:12 AM
Post #103

Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,359

Hold up lol, I didn't start this thread.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 1 2013, 06:41 AM
Post #104

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 30 2013, 10:56 PM) *
Since when did Canelo become so elite and avoided??? I'm just curious...

Canelo -----Called out Mayweather Check!

Did I miss something??? I don't recall him ever calling out Floyd and in that interview after the Trout fight he was asked and he stuttered and never said flat out that he wanted Money, please share with me when he did this.

Yeah, I'm wondering too. He beat an old shot Mosley and a tiny Lopez and now Trout and that makes him avoided? The nuthuggery by some of these people who hate Floyd and simply looking for the next one in line that they "HOPE" can beat him is just ridiculous nowadays. First it went from Margarito, to Hatton, to Mosley, to Pacquaio to Khan, to Cotto and now to Canelo and I'm certain that I missed quite a few before he moved up from 130 but there's always this so called fighter that Money is supposedly "ducking".

Where are these vaunted warriors now? Canelo is still here but he is slow, easy to hit, has stamina issues and cannot take it to the body and on top of it he swings wide and wildly which makes him easy to hit and fighting a superior, faster, far more intelligent fighter like Mayweather who hits far harder than Trout is going to be his worst nightmare come true.

"Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it!!"

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 1 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #105

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 1 2013, 07:41 AM) *
Did I miss something??? I don't recall him ever calling out Floyd and in that interview after the Trout fight he was asked and he stuttered and never said flat out that he wanted Money, please share with me when he did this.

Yeah, I'm wondering too. He beat an old shot Mosley and a tiny Lopez and now Trout and that makes him avoided? The nuthuggery by some of these people who hate Floyd and simply looking for the next one in line that they "HOPE" can beat him is just ridiculous nowadays. First it went from Margarito, to Hatton, to Mosley, to Pacquaio to Khan, to Cotto and now to Canelo and I'm certain that I missed quite a few before he moved up from 130 but there's always this so called fighter that Money is supposedly "ducking".

Where are these vaunted warriors now? Canelo is still here but he is slow, easy to hit, has stamina issues and cannot take it to the body and on top of it he swings wide and wildly which makes him easy to hit and fighting a superior, faster, far more intelligent fighter like Mayweather who hits far harder than Trout is going to be his worst nightmare come true.

Why did Canelo remove himself from the May 4th card?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 1 2013, 08:12 AM
Post #106

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm not even a huge mayweather fan but people are never gonna give him his due. It's almost like with lebron, these two guys are not only physical freaks but they are incredibly skilled and they will probably never get the credit they deserve until they are gone from the sport. Theirs always gonna be something else asked from the and the people will never be happy.

I mean what else do the people want from this guy, he walks at 148-150, if he was any other fighter he would be draining and picking on dudes at 140 but he's not and he's even gone up full divisions to challenge people at 154 when his division is weak or promotional road blocks are in the way. I mean the guy isn't a god but he's doing what he's suppose to

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #107

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 1 2013, 12:34 AM) *
Since he destroyed a Jr ww and in the eyes of most barely beat his first real opposition at 154. What's their not to be scared of!

Your making this too easy Cshels lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 1 2013, 02:08 AM) *
When he called out Mayweather to sign a contract after verbally promising to make the fight should they both win their upcoming bouts. Mayweather refused to put pen to paper. It was just solidifying what he already verbally agreed to. I understand, Mayeather takes it one fight at a time, but the psychic in me tells me that even after Guerrero, he wont sign to fight Canelo. We've seen this before. I'm not saying Canelo is a world beater, but I think he uses his size and power to beat Mayweather.

There will be some excuse, likely an injury to his hands, ribs or shoulder. Canelo will move on and Mayweather will heal. He'll refuse to work with Goldenboy or something like that. He'll say he's working exclusively on mayweather promotions or something like that, so he doesnt have to fight Goldenboy fighters. Excuses will fly after Guerrero, count on it. At some point the fans will have this guy figured out. This has been his trend, his legacy.

Well there's not much left out there for Mayweather anyway, but refusing to work with GBP would be the worst move at this point. I'm not sure what Danny Garcia does by July or August, but if he does fight a decent fight (hopefully the winner of Peterson/Matthysee, Peterson being the more marketable of the two), then he'll be ready for something in December.

I personally dont think that Floyd fights in September, regardless of what he says. I still have this itch that Kell Brook is going to make just enough noise to land a fight by the end of the year, but cancelling the Alexander fight didn't help the cause. Hopefully Golden Boy is ready to set up a summer showdown between Brook and Khan, and whoever wins that gets the big fight.

I definitely wont argue with your prediction on what Floyd will do, and at this point, Canelo is Floyd's highest payday, since Manny is pretty much out of the picture. I can see that fight happening next May or next September.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 1 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #108

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Canelo has called Mayweather out a few times. I thought his stuttering was more about being asked to answer the question in English than anything else. What...do you think Canelo is scared of Mayweather? Canelo was the one telling Floyd to put pen to paper.

IMO it is a wait and see situation. If Mayweather fights anyone but Canelo in the fall/winter, I think it is CLEAR he is avoiding him. Canelo has become the #1 challenger for Mayweather now that we all know he will never fight Pac due to a variety of reasons. Can Mayweather really get away with avoiding Canelo as well?

My question to the Floyd fans is pretty simple. If Floyd fights a Lamont Peterson/Danny Garcia/Andre Berto type in the fall/winter and not Canelo, how will you explain it? How will you explain why that fight was avoided? Will it somehow be GBP's fault? Will it be Canelo's fault? I am really curious about that.

I personally think Floyd takes the rest of the year off. I think he waits until next May and at that time he will fight someone. I am thinking Canelo WILl be an option, but imo Floyd is hoping that someone like Danny Garcia, Lamont Peterson, Amir Khan, etc will emerge to the point where Floyd won't be questioned for fighting him and not Canelo. I think if Floyd can avoid Canelo enough to where Canelo moves up to 160 to get big fights, he would be happy.

I do think eventually Floyd will have to bite down and fight Canelo and I think Floyd wins a competitive but clear UD.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2013, 09:40 AM
Post #109

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 1 2013, 10:12 AM) *
Canelo has called Mayweather out a few times. I thought his stuttering was more about being asked to answer the question in English than anything else. What...do you think Canelo is scared of Mayweather? Canelo was the one telling Floyd to put pen to paper.

IMO it is a wait and see situation. If Mayweather fights anyone but Canelo in the fall/winter, I think it is CLEAR he is avoiding him. Canelo has become the #1 challenger for Mayweather now that we all know he will never fight Pac due to a variety of reasons. Can Mayweather really get away with avoiding Canelo as well?

My question to the Floyd fans is pretty simple. If Floyd fights a Lamont Peterson/Danny Garcia/Andre Berto type in the fall/winter and not Canelo, how will you explain it? How will you explain why that fight was avoided? Will it somehow be GBP's fault? Will it be Canelo's fault? I am really curious about that.

I personally think Floyd takes the rest of the year off. I think he waits until next May and at that time he will fight someone. I am thinking Canelo WILl be an option, but imo Floyd is hoping that someone like Danny Garcia, Lamont Peterson, Amir Khan, etc will emerge to the point where Floyd won't be questioned for fighting him and not Canelo. I think if Floyd can avoid Canelo enough to where Canelo moves up to 160 to get big fights, he would be happy.

I do think eventually Floyd will have to bite down and fight Canelo and I think Floyd wins a competitive but clear UD.

I really wanted to read the rest of your post, but I couldn't seem to get past the laughter of this very line.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 1 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #110

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 1 2013, 09:12 AM) *
I'm not even a huge mayweather fan but people are never gonna give him his due. It's almost like with lebron, these two guys are not only physical freaks but they are incredibly skilled and they will probably never get the credit they deserve until they are gone from the sport. Theirs always gonna be something else asked from the and the people will never be happy.

I mean what else do the people want from this guy, he walks at 148-150, if he was any other fighter he would be draining and picking on dudes at 140 but he's not and he's even gone up full divisions to challenge people at 154 when his division is weak or promotional road blocks are in the way. I mean the guy isn't a god but he's doing what he's suppose to

Make the biggest fights possible. It's that simple. Floyd is a fairly inactive fighter. He has 5 fights in the 6 years since his big PPV event with Oscar. That is TERRIBLE for a fighter like Floyd that was in his prime. Here is the opposition in those 5 fights...

1. Ricky Hatton
-I liked this fight and this matchup. Hatton was a prime 140 fighter that was undefeated at the time. Everyone knew he was a flawed fighter, but it was a big event and a fair fight. Props to Mayweather for fighting Hatton.

2. Juan Manuel Marquez
-A joke of a fight. Mayweather was much bigger and paid the Marquez camp off to go over the weight both fighters agreed to in the contract. On top of that JMM's style was perfect for Floyd. Mayweather couldn't jump quick enough to face JMM. Fight should have never been made.

3. Shane Mosley
-A 39 year old Shane Mosley? Someone that we thought was done after the Winky Wright fights? Pretty mediocre fight. Mosley at least was coming off of an impressive win against Margarito, so it wasn't a total waste.

4. Victor Ortiz
-Ortiz is not a great fighter, but he was involved in an exciting fight with Berto and that landed him a shot with Mayweather. This was a pretty marginal fight. Ortiz wasn't great before Mayweather and he quit on his stool against the smaller Lopez in his only post-Mayweather fight.

5. Miguel Cotto
-This was certainly the biggest test for Floyd since he became a PPV star. Cotto wasn't what he used to be, but he is still a good fighter. This was a fight that needed to happen so props to Mayweather and Cotto for making it happen.

I count 2 fights in the last 7 years that have been big/important. The other 3 were against a much smaller man, a washed up 39 year old, and a guy that was never anything special. Now is fighting a guy in RG that already has 2 losses and no real, real big wins. You look at what RG has done to get a Mayweather fight and it really has you scratching your head. He doesn't have a huge following, he doesn't possess good skills, and he certainly hasn't beaten many elite fighters.

I think Floyd is an all-time great but his opposition recently leaves a whole bunch to be desired. He should have been far more active than he has been. The Pacquaio fiasco will ALWAYS stain his legacy, regardless of who you blame. That was a legacy defining fight for BOTH guys and Mayweather danced around it with the help of Bob Arum and Top-Rank. Now you have another potentially big fight with Canelo and Mayweather doesn't seem overly interested in that one either. If we see fights vs the likes of Alexander, Berto, Garcia, Peterson, etc and nothing against Canelo...how else can you or anyone else spin that?

As for what I want from Mayweather...I want him to make multiple fights that are worthy of his legacy.

1. Fight Canelo
2. Find a way to fight Pac...just find a way. It can still be done
3. Fight whoever emerges from the Amir Khan/Danny Garcia/Lamont Peterson crowd over the next 18 months
4. Fight Adrian Broner

All of those fights are EASILY there for him. They can still happen and they can all happen over the next 2-2.5 years before Mayweather really begins to exit his prime.

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:37 PM