IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
KOpower
post May 6 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #231

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 6 2013, 12:32 AM) *
1. I never said he was one of the GOATS, did I?? Who is this biggest fight out there? Canelo? He hasn't even clearly said he wanted a fight with Floyd, when he was asked after the Trout fight he stuttered and never mentioned he wanted that fight, personally with all of his flaws I don't see him as ready.

2. I never said that you don't understand boxing, you just don't understand the situation as to why the fight never happened and yes, it is totally Arum's fault whether you accept that or not then you need to do more research to understand why. Here read this and then we can talk about it: http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11512.html

3. Again, that is your opinion on what you think Manny needs and doesn't need to do to get a fight with Floyd, this is boxing and that is how it works; Money is in the driver's seat and always has been but he doesn't control Pac-Arum does.

4. You claim he didn't risk something when I've stated the man has come from 130 to 154 that is a 24 lb jump and still that isn't enough risk for you, then you sir have a problem with risk comprehension and do not understand what Risks is really all about. It is very ironic that Mayweather is held to a different/higher standard by you and that he has to move to 160 just to get your so called "blessing" as one of the GOATS but I believe history will end up being kind to the little guy who not only moved up but dominated every fighter he has faced since moving up.

Yes beating SM would make him a legendary fighter in the vain of Ali or SRL but let's be honest; do you really expect SM to duck GGG and come down to fight Floyd at a CW which the fight would certainly need to be in order for that to happen?? How about GGG, who has he beaten in all honesty to deserve a shot at Floyd? Just because he is bigger he has to be one of the fighters to beat in order for May to make the GOAT status??

Where is the logic in any of this reasoning??

1. I know you didn't say Mayweather was one of the best of all-time. What I am saying is that Floyd COULD go down as that if he fights the guys in and around his weight class. That is the sad part to me...he has the talent and ability to do it, but for whatever reason he has played it safe.

2. You will never convince me that Arum was 100% to blame. IMO it is foolish to think that way. Floyd Mayweahter had every opportunity to make the fight. At the very least he gets equal blame.

3. Like I said, if Manny has to fight and beat JMM and Bradley in order to get a shot at Mayweather then that is sad. Robert Guerrero had to fight and beat who? Cotto? JMM? Ortiz? Come on...

4. It isn't ironic at all that Mayweather is held to a higher standard. That is EXACTLY what it is. I feel he has the talent and ability to be one of the GOATs. That is why I want to see him CHALLENGE himself against the best of the best. Why is that so hard for so many to understand? You are damn right I am holding Floyd to a higher standard. I want to see him take his shot at being the one of the best of All-Time.

5. History will not view Floyd as one of the best of All-Time if he finishes out his career against Ortiz, Maidana, Alexander, Garcia, Peterson, etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #232

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 6 2013, 05:48 PM) *
1. I know you didn't say Mayweather was one of the best of all-time. What I am saying is that Floyd COULD go down as that if he fights the guys in and around his weight class. That is the sad part to me...he has the talent and ability to do it, but for whatever reason he has played it safe.

2. You will never convince me that Arum was 100% to blame. IMO it is foolish to think that way. Floyd Mayweahter had every opportunity to make the fight. At the very least he gets equal blame.

3. Like I said, if Manny has to fight and beat JMM and Bradley in order to get a shot at Mayweather then that is sad. Robert Guerrero had to fight and beat who? Cotto? JMM? Ortiz? Come on...

4. It isn't ironic at all that Mayweather is held to a higher standard. That is EXACTLY what it is. I feel he has the talent and ability to be one of the GOATs. That is why I want to see him CHALLENGE himself against the best of the best. Why is that so hard for so many to understand? You are damn right I am holding Floyd to a higher standard. I want to see him take his shot at being the one of the best of All-Time.

5. History will not view Floyd as one of the best of All-Time if he finishes out his career against Ortiz, Maidana, Alexander, Garcia, Peterson, etc.

Da fuck you talking about? Whose history? Yours? Because if we talking facts like you seem to be spewing then history all ready has him as an ATG....SMFH

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post May 7 2013, 02:38 AM
Post #233

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

If Mayweather signed a stipulation laden contract that Bob Arum FLEW (not faxed) to the P.I., how is Mayweather of equal blame. I will never understand that logic.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 06:29 AM
Post #234

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 6 2013, 05:48 PM) *

1. I'm not sure if calling fighting Shane, Oscar, Cotto and the list goes on and on as "playing it safe" only a person who doesn't like Money will say something stupid like that. Who are the guys in and around his weight class that he isn't fighting? Arum controls Pac and Bradley so those two fights are out of the question.

2. Apparently you did not read the 99 excuses Arum made so you're right, I won't convince anyone who is too simple to read the facts for themselves. If you think it is equal blame then that shows how much less you know between the affairs of Bob and Floyd.

3. Manny got Knocked Out Cold and beaten by Bradley (whether you agree or not), what other fighter gets a shot at any champion after two losses like that?? Name me one!! Robert Guerrero only had 1 loss and that was way back when? (8 years ago)?? Apparently you are still under some sort of illusion that boxing should go the way you want it to go and not the way it really is (it's all about what have you done lately). Wake up and Drink the Coffee young man, this sport doesn't subscribe to your fantasy ideas of how you think it should go and Manny doesn't deserve a shot according to the way it really works in the real world and not your delusional world.

4. Who is this very best that Floyd hasn't challenged himself against? The man has moved up to a class 24lbs above his normal fighting weight and still you want him to take on GGG and Martinez (shouldn't they be fighting one another), lol, only someone who has no objectivity whatsoever thinks he hasn't challenged himself.

5. Where did you get these names from? Ortiz, Floyd already KO'd him and hasn't even mentioned him, neither has he mentioned Maidana, Garcia or Peterson; Alexander was a forethought but people claimed he was ducking Guerrero so he took him on instead. I get tired of Manny Pac fans such as yourself masquerading behind simple-minded and unfound allegations such as this crap in #5 then pretending that you want to see Floyd go down as one of the GOATS to justify your claims of so called "objectivity". I'd rather you just come out of the closet and say you can't stand him for not fighting Manny and then let that be it, but no, you want to sling your own brand of fantasy about how boxing should go and your made up list of so called opponents you think Money will fight instead of waiting to see when the next contract is signed and who the opponent is before you open up your mouth with your lack of boxing knowledge and start spewing hateful jargon of pure conjecture and non-facts.

I'm done, you can say whatever you want but I know whatever comes next is no more than a waste of time, especially to someone who believes that it is 50% Floyd's fault as to why the fight with MP never happened when all the facts are there staring you in the face.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: May 7 2013, 06:32 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #235

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I hate Austin Trout

That is all...

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 7 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #236

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 7 2013, 07:50 AM) *
I hate Austin Trout

That is all...

he said he wants a rematch yesterday

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #237

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 7 2013, 09:41 AM) *
he said he wants a rematch yesterday

He'll lose weight while waiting on that rematch...he'll be a featherweight by the time Canelo decides to give him that rematch.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 7 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #238

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

To me...while it would be a great fight...Alvarez vs Mayweather isn't a fight that proves anything. Floyd fighting a 175 lb guy and losing doesn't mean said guy is the better fighter. It just proves why there are weight classes in boxing. I like to watch fights that prove something.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 8 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #239

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 7 2013, 10:30 AM) *
To me...while it would be a great fight...Alvarez vs Mayweather isn't a fight that proves anything. Floyd fighting a 175 lb guy and losing doesn't mean said guy is the better fighter. It just proves why there are weight classes in boxing. I like to watch fights that prove something.

The only way that Mayweather/Canelo will create any type of buzz, is if Canelo obliterates Cotto. Floyd and Trout went the distance with Cotto, so Canelo stopping Cotto would make some noise.

Other than that, in the eyes of the casual fans, there's nobody at 154 that will give Canelo that push to "go and do the same thing to Mayweather". Kirkland, Bundrage, I. Smith, Lara, Angulo, etc. Cotto is the only "name" that will get Alvarez's name out there...if he beats him.

Us hardcore fans know that there isn't a big enough name at 54 that will put Canelo out there. I still see Canelo/Cotto in September, or push come to shove (Mayweather actually fighting in Sept.), then Canelo/Cotto will meet in December.

If all of this occurs, then maybe, just maybe we'll see Mayweather/Canelo in May of 2014. To think about it, since Canelo has been labeled the "end all be all" around here, why not save Canelo for last, since it could be a bigger payday than what Floyd's pulling in now?

If Floyd fights Canelo next May, then casual fans may not give a shit about whoever he fights afterwards. Well, I cant make that statement about Floyd's future opponents until the Guerrero numbers come in. If their right at 1M (or a bit higher), then he can fight the Garcias, Petersons, Khans, and Alexanders of the world, with no backlash.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 8 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #240

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2013, 10:49 PM) *
The only way that Mayweather/Canelo will create any type of buzz, is if Canelo obliterates Cotto. Floyd and Trout went the distance with Cotto, so Canelo stopping Cotto would make some noise.

Other than that, in the eyes of the casual fans, there's nobody at 154 that will give Canelo that push to "go and do the same thing to Mayweather". Kirkland, Bundrage, I. Smith, Lara, Angulo, etc. Cotto is the only "name" that will get Alvarez's name out there...if he beats him.

Us hardcore fans know that there isn't a big enough name at 54 that will put Canelo out there. I still see Canelo/Cotto in September, or push come to shove (Mayweather actually fighting in Sept.), then Canelo/Cotto will meet in December.

If all of this occurs, then maybe, just maybe we'll see Mayweather/Canelo in May of 2014. To think about it, since Canelo has been labeled the "end all be all" around here, why not save Canelo for last, since it could be a bigger payday than what Floyd's pulling in now?

If Floyd fights Canelo next May, then casual fans may not give a shit about whoever he fights afterwards. Well, I cant make that statement about Floyd's future opponents until the Guerrero numbers come in. If their right at 1M (or a bit higher), then he can fight the Garcias, Petersons, Khans, and Alexanders of the world, with no backlash.

I think that Canelo could very well that to Cotto, depending how much he rehydrates since Cotto is a small jr middleweight.

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 04:51 PM