IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
mgrover
post May 13 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #251

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 01:09 AM) *
anyone else think floyd asking alvarez to drop to 147 is just his way of saying no?

he'll wait until alvarez has been softened up a little and is having more trouble making 154 before he fights him.

expect canelo/cotto...

as for floyds next opponent...who knows?

simply put yes.

People say that it's a good thing him and Cotto fought now and not then, and to them I say STFU look at what happened to the Pac fight. Sure Cotto rebuilt against not what you'd call stellar opposition but light touches, and then went and lost it, and then lost to Trout. Which isn't a bad thing, well losings always bad, but you know what I mean, there's no shame in it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 13 2013, 10:59 PM
Post #252

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 13 2013, 07:32 PM) *
simply put yes.

People say that it's a good thing him and Cotto fought now and not then, and to them I say STFU look at what happened to the Pac fight. Sure Cotto rebuilt against not what you'd call stellar opposition but light touches, and then went and lost it, and then lost to Trout. Which isn't a bad thing, well losings always bad, but you know what I mean, there's no shame in it.

Your fight, theirs no shame in the efforts he put into those fights. I thought cotto looked almost as good as canelo in his fight with trout ( I thought both lost) but cotto definitely looked more determined and looked like he put more effort into it. I think this fight will be good tho.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 14 2013, 11:15 AM
Post #253

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Anyone have any actual proof or quotes that either fighter made offers or rejected anything?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 14 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #254

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 13 2013, 08:09 PM) *
anyone else think floyd asking alvarez to drop to 147 is just his way of saying no?

he'll wait until alvarez has been softened up a little and is having more trouble making 154 before he fights him.

expect canelo/cotto...

as for floyds next opponent...who knows?

Danny Garcia

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 14 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #255

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 14 2013, 02:38 PM) *
Danny Garcia

danny has 2 fights before floyd becomes an option. the matthysse/peterson winner....then khan. i think garcia and matthysse will put up a decent effort against floyd...but neither comes close to beating him.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 14 2013, 02:58 PM
Post #256

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 14 2013, 11:15 AM) *
Anyone have any actual proof or quotes that either fighter made offers or rejected anything?

Well when it comes to negoiations you shouldn't tell every little detail to the media. There could be a gag order now.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 14 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #257

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 14 2013, 03:58 PM) *
Well when it comes to negoiations you shouldn't tell every little detail to the media. There could be a gag order now.

I'm not disputing that. I was really just inquiring if anybody had any tangible facts regarding the "negotiations".

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 14 2013, 11:20 PM
Post #258

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 02:05 PM) *
danny has 2 fights before floyd becomes an option. the matthysse/peterson winner....then khan. i think garcia and matthysse will put up a decent effort against floyd...but neither comes close to beating him.

Really doubt he fights khan again. He can barely get by these 135 pounders, and Garcia doesn't seem to see him as much of a threat. And if broner gets passed paulie I'd much rather see broner vs Garcia/matthysse/Peterson at 147 since all three admitted its hard now for them to get down to 140

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 15 2013, 09:33 AM
Post #259

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 14 2013, 10:28 PM) *
I'm not disputing that. I was really just inquiring if anybody had any tangible facts regarding the "negotiations".

naw

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 15 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #260

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 03:05 PM) *

He can always go back to those fights. Besides, he, Khan, and Peterson are bussin' out of 140 anyway.

I don't think Danny passes up that type of money, in order to give Khan a rematch, or wait to face the winner of Peterson/Matthysse. Let's be real here...how many times has Matthysse been screwed out of a title shot? He gets his title shot this weekend, and hopefully that'll be enough to shut him up.

I think Golden Boy could care less about Matthyse wanting to fight the best and winning titles, or any mandatory fights at this point. They will put together what sounds good and what makes money. If he steps up and faces Mayweather, then the whole "ducking" Matthysse myth will be validated by a step up in weight for bigger money.

I can easily see Danny being placed in that slot, IF they dont push to throw Khan in there before he fucks up and gets beat in a "safe" fight. Danny's dad talks enough to talk him into that fight, and we'll probably see more of Mayweather Sr. trash-talking somebody else's dad.

Besides, the Garcia camp has been a bit quiet since the Judah fight, and Danny's dad slipped up and mentioned Floyd, as if he knew something that we didn't. Of course this is all speculation, but the loudest camps have been the quietest for the past couple of weeks.

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:21 AM