IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
pacco_diablo
post Apr 23 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #31

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,107

Let's take a look at Floyd's opponents over the last 10 years.

Cotto (37-2)
Ortiz (29-2-2)
Mosley (46-5)
JMM (50-4-1)
Hatton (43-0)
DLH (38-4)
Baldomire (43-9-6)
Judah (34-3)
S. Mitchell (56-4)
Gatti (39-6)
Bruseles (21-2-1)
Corely (28-2-1)
Ndou (31-1)
Sosa (35-2-2)

Outside of Hatton, who else was considered a serious threat or top P4P contender at the time of their fight? Now, let's name a few names that he should have fought over that period of time:

Pacquiao
Margarito
P. Williams
Berto

just to name a few...

Granted, most of his opposition has held titles at one point or another but by the time he fought them they had already been exposed, with the exception of Hatton.

What in Money's history shows that he's willing to fight the "current" top talent? He won't be fighting Alvarez anytime soon.

Just my opinion...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
karmine20
post Apr 23 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #32

Amateur

Member No.: 13,403

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Apr 23 2013, 11:57 AM) *

Cotto (37-2)
Ortiz (29-2-2)
Mosley (46-5)
JMM (50-4-1)
Hatton (43-0)
DLH (38-4)
Baldomire (43-9-6)
Judah (34-3)
S. Mitchell (56-4)
Gatti (39-6)
Bruseles (21-2-1)
Corely (28-2-1)
Ndou (31-1)
Sosa (35-2-2)

Outside of Hatton, who else was considered a serious threat or top P4P contender at the time of their fight? Now, let's name a few names that he should have fought over that period of time:

Pacquiao
Margarito
P. Williams
Berto

just to name a few...

Granted, most of his opposition has held titles at one point or another but by the time he fought them they had already been exposed, with the exception of Hatton.

What in Money's history shows that he's willing to fight the "current" top talent? He won't be fighting Alvarez anytime soon.

Just my opinion...

First off i guess we are just gonna forget about Diego Corrales. Or i guess he wasnt a legitimate threat. Like they always say. people are always gonna question floyd but he is the hardest working athlete alive. nobody does three a days and i will never question him or his opposition, unlike most and especially those who have never boxed a minute in there lives let alone a round. SMH

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 23 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Apr 23 2013, 12:57 PM) *

Cotto (37-2)
Ortiz (29-2-2)
Mosley (46-5)
JMM (50-4-1)
Hatton (43-0)
DLH (38-4)
Baldomire (43-9-6)
Judah (34-3)
S. Mitchell (56-4)
Gatti (39-6)
Bruseles (21-2-1)
Corely (28-2-1)
Ndou (31-1)
Sosa (35-2-2)

Pacquiao
Margarito
P. Williams
Berto

just to name a few...

Just my opinion...

I actually dont think hatton was one of the most threatening opponents. I agree he definitely avoided Paul Williams. But the rest of your post is subjective and your basically expressing your view as a fact that he avoided or fought people outside of their primes.

A few examples, since when has ANYBODY ever avoided Andre berto?
Margarito, pac- not happening because of promotional issues
Cotto- in his prime wouldn't have happened because of the previously stated too, also when they were under the same banner it is a known fact that the bruseles fight was a tune up for cotto, I believe cotto was even there, and after that fight they kept cotto away.
Baldomir-beat zab had one of the best years in boxing and was named fighter of the year I believe
Mosley- got called out by Floyd and didn't want it, then he destroyed marg before Floyd fought him too.
Marquez- this guy lives in the p4p discussion and he is one of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time. I don't think the weight would have made a difference in this fight and I'm a big marquez fan so I don't give him so much flac for that loss and mayweather too much credit for that win.

Everybody ducked willams tho, except serg lol

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Apr 23 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #34

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

QUOTE (karmine20 @ Apr 23 2013, 03:38 PM) *
First off i guess we are just gonna forget about Diego Corrales. Or i guess he wasnt a legitimate threat. Like they always say. people are always gonna question floyd but he is the hardest working athlete alive. nobody does three a days and i will never question him or his opposition, unlike most and especially those who have never boxed a minute in there lives let alone a round. SMH

I chose my words carefully in regard to the time span that I referenced to in his career. Chico was without a doubt a legitimate and more than formidable challenge for Pretty Boy. In fact, Corales had a lot more to lose when taking that fight. That being said, that was over 10 years ago when Floyd was still building a legacy and not the point now where, for the most part, his legacy has been cemented.

As far as questioning him... those are the choices that he made in who he chose to fight. History will open the doors further on where those fighters were in their careers when he chose to face them, as well as who he chose not to fight. Floyd will be the greatest of all time when it comes to making money in the sport of boxing, relative to any time period. He should be applauded for that. I don't knock him for that. He probably would not have done that though had he not fought who he chose, when he chose to. To me it seems that is what he set out to do, or decided along the way that was more important to him. Which again is fine. I'm not hating.

To call him the hardest working athlete alive may be a stretch though. He is without a doubt one of the most skilled fighters of our generation but this is a big ass planet with a lot of athletic mother fuckers running around on it. I'm not going to herald 3 workouts a day anymore than I am the factory worker who works 100+ a week. Anyone who wants to be successful at what they do better bust their ass at it.

I'll never question his desire, ambition or skill to make money. But, I will question his desire to be one of the greatest boxers ever, which maybe he never had or wanted, honestly I dont know.

My original post was mostly to show why I don't believe he'll fight Alvarez (not yet at least), only from his history of not fighting the biggest current names. The ironic thing is that I'd put money on him to beat Alvarez. My "beef" with Floyd are all the fights that we were robbed of, which is an oxymoron because we are ultimately talking about HIS career.

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post Apr 23 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #35

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

Lol! He said Berto though! Honestly of there I one fighter I have noticed that Mayweather has been tryna whoop, it's Berto. We know the Pac and Marg stories. Everyone was volunteering Cotto but he was screaming for that fight himself. The ducking talk is old and annoying. We could sit here all day and run through a list of guys each fighter has ducked or supposedly ducked.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 23 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Apr 23 2013, 11:57 AM) *

Cotto (37-2)
Ortiz (29-2-2)
Mosley (46-5)
JMM (50-4-1)
Hatton (43-0)
DLH (38-4)
Baldomire (43-9-6)
Judah (34-3)
S. Mitchell (56-4)
Gatti (39-6)
Bruseles (21-2-1)
Corely (28-2-1)
Ndou (31-1)
Sosa (35-2-2)

Pacquiao
Margarito
P. Williams
Berto

just to name a few...

Just my opinion...

Bruh, stop trollin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 23 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2013, 03:43 PM) *

+1 a million times over. So those four opponents out weigh all of May's 43 opponents?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 23 2013, 06:22 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2013, 06:43 PM) *

Hahaha

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 23 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #39

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2013, 05:43 PM) *

lol when I saw Berto I said this guy can't be serious

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 23 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #40

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Honestly, probably the only fighter he literally avoid was probably Paul Williams. As did everyone.

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:46 PM