IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
checkleft
post Apr 23 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 23 2013, 08:16 PM) *
Honestly, probably the only fighter he literally avoid was probably Paul Williams. As did everyone.

He was a nightmare for anyone at ww
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iKeNjiro
post Apr 24 2013, 03:43 AM
Post #42

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,431

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Apr 24 2013, 01:57 AM) *
Let's take a look at Floyd's opponents over the last 10 years.

Cotto (37-2)
Ortiz (29-2-2)
Mosley (46-5)
JMM (50-4-1)
Hatton (43-0)
DLH (38-4)
Baldomire (43-9-6)
Judah (34-3)
S. Mitchell (56-4)
Gatti (39-6)
Bruseles (21-2-1)
Corely (28-2-1)
Ndou (31-1)
Sosa (35-2-2)

Outside of Hatton, who else was considered a serious threat or top P4P contender at the time of their fight? Now, let's name a few names that he should have fought over that period of time:

Pacquiao
Margarito
P. Williams
Berto

just to name a few...

Granted, most of his opposition has held titles at one point or another but by the time he fought them they had already been exposed, with the exception of Hatton.

What in Money's history shows that he's willing to fight the "current" top talent? He won't be fighting Alvarez anytime soon.

Just my opinion...

I secretly posted this, under my troll account...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Apr 24 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #43

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

Oh Wow!!!

Posting my opinion and now I get troll status??? So everyone is supposed to believe that Money is greatest??? and if not they get labeled as a troll??? Nice! Through the years I believed that this board was a democracy, but apparently if you have anything negative to say about Money it becomes a dictatorship. That's alright though. I've never been good with the rules nor the bird in the flock kind of guy.

I didnt even dog Money. I didnt say that he sucked. I didnt say that he doesnt deserve what he has. I respect the guy, even like him to a lot of degrees. My whole point in response to the subject of this thread is that I'd have a better chance of growing an extra set of nuts before Money fights Alvarez, especially in November. And I gave my reasoning for that.

As far as Berto, the point was only to show the hot fighters at the time. Until Berto was exposed by Ortiz he was undeniably a notable upcoming fighter. I guess I didnt really take into account that Money was retired at that point. So maybe Berto wasnt the best example, but my point still stands that Money hasnt been the major "risk taker," especially when it comes to the current upcoming "star." Again, I'm not discrediting what he has done for himself or the sport, I just have a hard time seeing him in the same light that I do fighters like Andre Ward. Ironically, one of my favorite fighters off all time was often accused of the same thing, Roy Jones Jr.

As checkleft pointed out, it's subjective, but this sport is too, all the way down through the sport into the judging itself.

And yea... I have bitterness toward Floyd, but it's the same bitterness that I have for Manny and Arum. They had a chance to bring this sport back to the public forefront. They had a chance to make one the biggest events in the history of sports, and they fucking robbed us!!! All of them! Because of GREED!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 24 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 23 2013, 07:06 PM) *
+1 a million times over. So those four opponents out weigh all of May's 43 opponents?

To some degree, yes. Berto is the only question mark on the list to me. I think Pac, Williams and Margarito handle everybody on the list. Of Course Mosley was a problem for Margarito, but he would have been a very difficult opponent for May as would Williams and Pac. We say promotional issues with Pac and Margarito, I get it. But that wasn't the case with Williams. He was hot shit for about 2 years at 147. There will always be excuses when it comes to Mayweather. His fanbase will always find unique ways to defend him.

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Apr 24 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #45

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

if that type of canelo shows up against mayweather than it easy work for mayweather. canelo can't show up 170lb against mayweather an think he can last 12 rd against him. if im mayweather im taking this kid on now instead later because he can only get stronger while mayweather gets older.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 24 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 24 2013, 11:00 AM) *
To some degree, yes. Berto is the only question mark on the list to me. I think Pac, Williams and Margarito handle everybody on the list. Of Course Mosley was a problem for Margarito, but he would have been a very difficult opponent for May as would Williams and Pac. We say promotional issues with Pac and Margarito, I get it. But that wasn't the case with Williams. He was hot shit for about 2 years at 147. There will always be excuses when it comes to Mayweather. His fanbase will always find unique ways to defend him.

My memory is a little blurry but didn't marquez give pac a little trouble too?.. just a little

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Apr 24 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #47

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

are all posts being moderated? wondering why my last response to this thread didnt post?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 24 2013, 11:42 AM
Post #48

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 24 2013, 07:00 AM) *

Manny could beat Diego Corrales? Or a prime Castillo, or even a even weight Oscar? GTFOH! Williams stands in front of people and takes punishment. doesn't have a heavy shot and from I remember Floyd retired as Williams was coming on but hey whatever. Margarito would have no chance, a slow coming head first plastered hand cheater. Let's be real. And let's not forget the weight they were at when May fought them...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 24 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #49

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Apr 24 2013, 09:12 AM) *
Oh Wow!!!

Posting my opinion and now I get troll status??? So everyone is supposed to believe that Money is greatest??? and if not they get labeled as a troll??? Nice! Through the years I believed that this board was a democracy, but apparently if you have anything negative to say about Money it becomes a dictatorship. That's alright though. I've never been good with the rules nor the bird in the flock kind of guy.

I didnt even dog Money. I didnt say that he sucked. I didnt say that he doesnt deserve what he has. I respect the guy, even like him to a lot of degrees. My whole point in response to the subject of this thread is that I'd have a better chance of growing an extra set of nuts before Money fights Alvarez, especially in November. And I gave my reasoning for that.

As far as Berto, the point was only to show the hot fighters at the time. Until Berto was exposed by Ortiz he was undeniably a notable upcoming fighter. I guess I didnt really take into account that Money was retired at that point. So maybe Berto wasnt the best example, but my point still stands that Money hasnt been the major "risk taker," especially when it comes to the current upcoming "star." Again, I'm not discrediting what he has done for himself or the sport, I just have a hard time seeing him in the same light that I do fighters like Andre Ward. Ironically, one of my favorite fighters off all time was often accused of the same thing, Roy Jones Jr.

As checkleft pointed out, it's subjective, but this sport is too, all the way down through the sport into the judging itself.

And yea... I have bitterness toward Floyd, but it's the same bitterness that I have for Manny and Arum. They had a chance to bring this sport back to the public forefront. They had a chance to make one the biggest events in the history of sports, and they fucking robbed us!!! All of them! Because of GREED!

DGAF what you wrote, you played yourself when you put Berto on there. You robbed yourself of having an articulate post.

Like you said it's all subjective, but I do believe Floyd is an ATG but I don't see no fighter currently fighting or on the horizon that will ever be as good as Pep, and Sugar Ray Robinson. The rest of them spots are up for grabs

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 24 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #50

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

The only boxer that I'll say that Floyd EVER ducked was Paul Williams, that was a fight I would've loved to have seen...Williams' high punch output vs Mayweather's accuracy would've been great to watch unfold.

Now, I'll never be convinced that he ducked Margarito, people say Floyd fans this and Floyd fans that but never take into account all the facts. Now I do remember Margarito going to the gym and stepping to Floyd, that was pretty funny. But when the Margarito fight was offered to Mayweather, he had already split with Arum and TR.....remember this is when Ellerbe and Arum were doing interviews saying everything was good and they planned to work together in the future, Floyd just wanted more control over his career. But the main reason Floyd didn't fight Antonio was that when that fight presented itself, Floyd was holding out for the De La Hoya fight, and the rest as they say is history

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:46 AM