IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
mrchitown
post Apr 24 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #61

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 24 2013, 01:30 PM) *
Good post. Everybody was ducking Williams, Mosley, berto, ect. Marg was the only one who stepped up and he got beat relatively easy.

Exactly, when P Will and Mosely were trucking people, no boxers would look their way, it was always the old "I'll fight whoever my promoter puts in front of me"

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 24 2013, 08:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 24 2013, 09:00 PM
Post #62

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 03:36 PM) *
floyd gets that pass. why doesn't bradley get it concerning khan? he took on a much bigger fish in pac. can we call that a duck?

He shouldn't be called a ducker, Bradley is in no way shape or form a ducker IMO. It was plenty of times he expressed interest in the Khan fight and Khan looked the other way. Now all of a sudden that Bradley looks out for his own career and like you said, landed the biggest fight he could possibly be in....that he got the duck label

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 24 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #63

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 04:15 PM) *
Well I give you more credit because I do not understand how four people can honestly be better that 43 people. It doesn't make sense. Like why does May's record get shitted on and scrutinize? Okay so he may have ducked P Williams, that would of been an interesting fight like you stated but I thought he was already saying he was going to retire.

It will always be some who choose to belittle, scrutinize and downplay a fighter's record. Hell, I read an article today that Iole did that says that Tyson and Ali are not great fighters compared to Jon Jones. I call bullshit on that but that's another story

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 24 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 24 2013, 08:34 PM) *
Cmon please stop disrespecting Mayweather by saying he ducked Paul Williams. I mean no doubt Paul williams was a beast, but cmon, this is the same Paul williams that lost to Quintana. I give credit to him for sitting there and taking shots from sergio martinez, all it did was break him down more. Mayweather still would have outboxed williams and made him look like N'dou and Corrales. The same Paul Williams that got the brakes beat off of him against Lara? nahhh he would've just showed how effective mayweather's defense was.

in williams defense...he had the flu in the first quintana match. we all saw what happened in the rematch. the williams that beat margarito, ko'd quintana and beat martinez the first time would have beat floyd imo. of course...by the time he got to lara...he wasn't the same.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 24 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 24 2013, 10:02 PM) *
It will always be some who choose to belittle, scrutinize and downplay a fighter's record. Hell, I read an article today that Iole did that says that Tyson and Ali are not great fighters compared to Jon Jones. I call bullshit on that but that's another story

i'm sorry...i cannot take a writer/journalist/hack seriously when they cover more than one sport. if boxing is your thing...stick to it. if mma is your thing...stick to it. hell...even the guys who are the so called experts still don't know what the hell they're talking about.

who the hell is jon jones? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 24 2013, 09:34 PM
Post #66

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 23 2013, 07:16 PM) *
Honestly, probably the only fighter he literally avoid was probably Paul Williams. As did everyone.

good point. why we never saw williams vs cotto or williams vs mosley?

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 24 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #67

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 03:36 PM) *
they had to take margarito to court to get that to happen.

explain?

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 24 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #68

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 24 2013, 02:09 PM) *
The only boxer that I'll say that Floyd EVER ducked was Paul Williams, that was a fight I would've loved to have seen...Williams' high punch output vs Mayweather's accuracy would've been great to watch unfold.

Now, I'll never be convinced that he ducked Margarito, people say Floyd fans this and Floyd fans that but never take into account all the facts. Now I do remember Margarito going to the gym and stepping to Floyd, that was pretty funny. But when the Margarito fight was offered to Mayweather, he had already split with Arum and TR.....remember this is when Ellerbe and Arum were doing interviews saying everything was good and they planned to work together in the future, Floyd just wanted more control over his career. But the main reason Floyd didn't fight Antonio was that when that fight presented itself, Floyd was holding out for the De La Hoya fight, and the rest as they say is history

The Margarito fight was offered right after the Judah fight. I almost want to say that Arum mentioned it in the post fight of Mayweather/Judah. He secured a date too in July of that year. It was around July 2006, Mayweather claimed he had some hand or shoulder injury and eventually paid Arum to get out of his contract that summer all while saying Margarito would be easy work. If he was easy work, then he would have fought him and beat him. DLH would have still been there had he made easy work of Margarito. In fact perhaps Floyd's asking price in the DLH fight could have gone up after beating Margrito. DLH wanted none of Margarito either. Anyway, Mayweather ended up making easy work of Baldomir, which was a much easier fight, while waiting for DLH.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 25 2013, 12:09 AM
Post #69

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 09:05 PM) *
i'm sorry...i cannot take a writer/journalist/hack seriously when they cover more than one sport. if boxing is your thing...stick to it. if mma is your thing...stick to it. hell...even the guys who are the so called experts still don't know what the hell they're talking about.

who the hell is jon jones? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You must be joking lol

That Iole is an idiot, the sad thing is I used to love his pieces, he used to be a journalist now he's reduced himself to an opinionated blogger

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 25 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #70

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 09:02 PM) *
in williams defense...he had the flu in the first quintana match. we all saw what happened in the rematch. the williams that beat margarito, ko'd quintana and beat martinez the first time would have beat floyd imo. of course...by the time he got to lara...he wasn't the same.

Why do you accept this excuse for Williams but when Floyd had a cold against Cotto you say he was making an excuse lol

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:34 PM