IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
Jack 1000
post Apr 26 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #91

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I think that if Floyd and Alvarez fight it will be in a September, not necessarily this September, but it would be the weekend of Mexican Independence Day, and would be HUGE!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 29 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #92

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

Floyd will not fight Alvarez! He will use the excuse that he hurt his hand or shoulder against Guerrero. The Guerrero fight will be closer than expected and give fuel to the made up excuses as to why he wont be ready for Canelo in September. Canelo will sign to fight someone else for September and Mayweather will "heal," in time for a December fight with Danny Garcia or Amir Khan.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 30 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #93

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 02:44 PM) *
honestly...i'm probably john ruiz' biggest fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

ufc/mma has definitely been built off the back of boxing and i still don't understand how all these boxing sites give them a free ride. they could keep their advertising dollars. also...while i'm at it....fuck everlast!!! them muhfuckas won't even sponsor amateur boxing anymore but they do flips for mma. i can't support their made in china low quality ass boxing equipment anymore.

And that's what I'm talking about they just going for what's hot at the moment. Everlast wouldn't be shit without Boxing, no love and no loyalty. But they stay riding off the back of Trout and Ward in ads

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 30 2013, 12:42 AM
Post #94

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2013, 09:24 AM) *
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sadly, these people (whack journalist and analysts) are the primary voices of boxing. It hurts my ass to watch ESPN (excluding FNFs) and see agendas being pushed to no ends. We have to see Manny Pacquiao say that Floyd's afraid of him, and hear his team talk about how they offered blah, blah, blah, but blah was declined and so on.

When casual fans who rarely frequent boxing sites, but wanna know what's going on in the sport, flip to ESPN and see that kind of garbage, they run with it. Hell, even when Floyd gets a chance to do an interview on ESPN, you have poo-butt ass columnists like Mike Wilbon harass him on national television.

Please dont get me started on how America exalts foreign fighters, athletes (at times), and does nothing less than shit on those who represent their home country. I'm soooo fuckin' glad that this FMJ/Pac fight has pretty much died, not that I didn't wanna see it, but while we waited, we all got a chance to see the world show their racist, small-minded, asses all because they wanted to see a fuckin' fight?! Really?! That shit was worse than politics.

It's hard out here for a boxing fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Wilbon, Skip Bayless and even Stephen Asshole Smith are just bums. I'm real surprised at Stephen A because he built his career off of being close to Iverson and reporting on him and the 76ers. He was a decent journalist who had great potential IMO but when that first take show came, he jsus did a 180, IDK him but in a journalistic sense it's like I don't even know him any more

ESPN uses Boxing as a filler for their headlines, they don't care about the sport but these beer guzzling pencil pushing assholes who claim to know EVERYTHING seemingly when a major fight pops off...get their info from ESPN or some site that isn't truly well knowledgeable in the sport of Boxing. I swear it's the worse feeling being at a bar or out somewhere and a big fight is on and you hear some intern yelling "nice right hand Pacquiao" then you say "Dude, that's Marquez..Pacquiao is on the canvas" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 30 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #95

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Genius @ Apr 21 2013, 01:47 AM) *
I got Canelo in this, bet the house. Floyd will need to dominate to win the decision or KO which is unlikely.

Floyd will dominate, I see absolutely nothing special about Canelo, he swings wide and misses and then gets off balance; this will make him easy to hit and for Floyd to simply move out of the way/rinse & repeat. Canelo cannot take bodyshots, his hands came down from the light-punching Trout's blows and I think Money hits harder than Austin so he will break the kid down and then come back uptop.

Easy UD for Floyd.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 30 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #96

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Canelo will not beat Floyd landing 2 power shots per round... his stamina is horrible. On stamina alone Floyd will beat him

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 30 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #97

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 30 2013, 12:10 PM) *
Floyd will dominate, I see absolutely nothing special about Canelo, he swings wide and misses and then gets off balance; this will make him easy to hit and for Floyd to simply move out of the way/rinse & repeat. Canelo cannot take bodyshots, his hands came down from the light-punching Trout's blows and I think Money hits harder than Austin so he will break the kid down and then come back uptop.

Easy UD for Floyd.

I agree. Canelo is not that good. He has some good potential, but he kind of reminds me skill-wise of Danny Garcia. If a shop worn Judah can push Garcia. And Trout, got into this by beating a shop-worn Cotto. Look at Alvarez-Trout. Several believe Trout did enough to win. The only way Floyd looks bad against Alvarez is if age has caught up to him, or he looks like shit against Guerrero. I think Guerrero is a better fighter than Alvarez.

Floyd beats Canelo 117-111 and 118-110 (twice.) Very little risk and huge reward for Floyd for some Mexican Independence Day Weekend. Floyd breaks Canelo down for an easy win.

Jack

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 30 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #98

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 30 2013, 03:53 PM) *
I agree. Canelo is not that good. He has some good potential, but he kind of reminds me skill-wise of Danny Garcia. If a shop worn Judah can push Garcia. And Trout, got into this by beating a shop-worn Cotto. Look at Alvarez-Trout. Several believe Trout did enough to win. The only way Floyd looks bad against Alvarez is if age has caught up to him, or he looks like shit against Guerrero. I think Guerrero is a better fighter than Alvarez.

Floyd beats Canelo 117-111 and 118-110 (twice.) Very little risk and huge reward for Floyd for some Mexican Independence Day Weekend. Floyd breaks Canelo down for an easy win.

Jack

Sunday, we'll see if thats the talk, because i highly doubt it will be. If it was an easy W for Mayweather he'd jump on it just because the money will be right. Lets assess...

Canelo ---Not with Arum Check!
Canelo ---- Undefeated Check!
Canelo ----High payday Check!
Canelo -----Called out Mayweather Check!
Canelo -----Has belts Check!
Canelo -----Will take the tests Check!
Canelo ----Will likely take short money to make the fight Check!

With all these things at play, Mayweather will NOT take the fight because of the risk. He is not as confident as his fans are in this one. I think Canelo applies pressure, size and power punching that will wilt Mayweather. Mayweather sees that too, so he will pick Garcia as his next opponent...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 30 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #99

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Since when did Canelo become so elite and avoided??? I'm just curious...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 30 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #100

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 30 2013, 11:56 PM) *
Since when did Canelo become so elite and avoided??? I'm just curious...

Since he destroyed a Jr ww and in the eyes of most barely beat his first real opposition at 154. What's their not to be scared of!

Your making this too easy Cshels lol

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:28 AM