IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khan-Diaz-APROXIMATE SPOILERS SAT@5PM(ET)/3PM (PT), Will Be Tape Delayed On Showtime FOLLOWING Judah-Garcia
mitukczuk
post Apr 27 2013, 05:05 PM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

11th Diaz. Khan almost down. I smell robbery. But Khan is definitely not winning the fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 27 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #32

Lightweight

12th Even. Khan lost in my book.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 27 2013, 05:10 PM

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 27 2013, 05:11 PM
Post #33

Lightweight

ROBBED - 114-113 , 115-113, 115-112 Khan is the winner.

I had it 115-113 Diaz. He knocked Khan down and had him hurt big time in two more rounds. Terrible decision in my opinion....but that was expected...

Although I despise Khan, I have to say I was really trying to see the improvement but it was not there. He just can't guard against left hooks. All his problems were caused by them. He drops his left when he jabs and he held his hands too far apart and almost invited those straights to land. I almost want to say he looked better under Roach. But styles make fights and Diaz certainly didn't come just to collect the paycheck...he came to win and he did...too bad he won on Khan's home turf...

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 27 2013, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 27 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 27 2013, 02:11 PM) *

I had it 115-113 Diaz. He knocked Khan down and had him hurt big time in two more rounds. Terrible decision in my opinion....but that was expected...

Although I despise Khan, I have to say I was really trying to see the improvement but it was not there. He just can't guard against left hooks. All his problems were caused by them. He drops his left when he jabs and he held his hands too far apart and almost invited those straights to land. I almost want to say he looked better under Roach. But styles make fights and Diaz certainly didn't come just to collect the paycheck...he came to win and he did...too bad he won on Khan's home turf...

Did he call out Mayweather? I'm sure he did.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 27 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 27 2013, 06:11 PM) *

That begs the question, why weren't those flaws identified while he was with Roach?

I saw some moments of decidedly better defensive movement, but yes he still needs to work on things.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 27 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

It is what it is with Khan. He won't really be a different fighter. He needs to now go after the best of the best at 147 b/c he can get knocked out just as easily against lesser opposition. I think a rematch with Garcia would be good. A rematch with Peterson would be fine as well. A fight with Victor Ortiz would be fun.

Khan is a VERY exciting fighter. He will never be among the best p4p fighters in the world, but he is talented enough to beat anyone at 147.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 27 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I had it 7-5 khan, but it was close an a round here or there could of easily gone to Diaz

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 27 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #38

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Biscuit chin Khan still cant get it together...regardless of who he works with. Granted, he fought an exceptional game plan tonight, but he still seem to know what to do when it's time to reset after combinations, or deal with angles that his opponents give him.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 28 2013, 02:09 AM
Post #39

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 27 2013, 07:59 PM) *
That begs the question, why weren't those flaws identified while he was with Roach?

I saw some moments of decidedly better defensive movement, but yes he still needs to work on things.

I think Roach saw the flaws - everybody sees them as they are so apparent, but he didn't know how to correct them. What I meant by my statement is that Amir looked more comfortable fighting Roach's gameplans. But on the other hand, Khan has been under Hunter for how long...2 fights? So there is still time. Something wasn't right with Khan in this fight though. I even turned off the commentary just to see the fight without the inevitable nutt hugging and to have a clear mind when scoring. Diaz took it clearly imo.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 28 2013, 02:11 AM
Post #40

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Amir Khan clearly won the fight, he didn't win it in dominating fashion, but he was up on the rounds. Diaz only won like three rounds, big rounds, but you have to take the entire fight, not just a round or two, that's just how the scoring goes. I was disappointed in Amir Khan, he tried to change his style up a bit, come off more patient, but it's really the exact same Amir Khan, the same flaws. People shit on Khan, but I think he has so much potential. All he needs to do is improve his defense, learn how to fight on the inside, keep his hands up, learn how to guard, especially guard that chin of his (his biggest weakness), and stop throwing such reckless shots that allows himself to get easily countered. He had so much potential, but shame for him, he's classified on the, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Wasted talent.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:56 PM