IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT): Garcia vs. Judah SPOILERS, No New Spoilers, Public Streams, or Discussion of HBO Card
daprofessor
post Apr 29 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #141

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2013, 01:37 PM) *
I must admit, Danny is growing before our very eyes. He's faced southpaws, but Judah's the best one's faced thus far. This may be all of the southpaw experience he needs...at least for a long while.

I say that because Judah came from the school of true boxers. How many fighters do you see throwing straight punches to the body nowadays? Floyd and Zab's styles were damn near identical when they were coming up, in regards to using basic skills to keep a guy at bay (straight punches to the body, using the ring, using the jab).

Danny showed us something new tonight as well...he used his right hands for more than just home run hooks. He must have watched Cotto vs Judah, because Cotto used some different shit in that fight.

I was a bit disappointed that Danny didn't effectively press to finish Judah down the stretch. Hell, Zab was off for a year before he fought Cotto, but surely he was faster and younger than he is today. As I said in my prediction, if this fight goes the distance, it would be all Danny's fault.

Both guys were freezing each other with their shots, but Danny wasn't supposed to get hit that much. The more of those punches landed, the more confidence Zab gained. Garcia should've done what Quillen did earlier...hurt the guy early, and press for the finish before the other guy gets confidence.

Danny was square as fuck quite a few times in the fight, and he stopped moving his head. It slowly turned into a cat and mouse game. I'm not talking of the cat & mouse game where the cat eventually catches it's prey...I'm talking about the Tom & Jerry-type games. I wanted him to go at Judah a little more like Khan did....he gave Judah too much time to think on quite a few occasions.

No doubt that Danny has that killer instinct, but sometimes he becomes a victim of it.

i have to say...u are getting really good at calling the fights before they happen. good shit.

i think danny showed some good stuff with that right hand. he has depth...more than ppl are willing to give him credit for. zab came super determined and i think that had everything to do with the shit that angel talked. the old zab wouldn't have finished this fight. angel lit a fire under zab. he should thank him for that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i can't wait to see danny fight the winner for matthysse/peterson. it's going to be really interesting. that fight isn't going to be easy for either guy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 29 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #142

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

almost. quote (Daprofesor)

LMAO.. Professor you got to enlighten me on that no way in hell was Judah near getting a stoppage.. LOL and to hear him beg the crowd for hope when he said he he was fighting on, yet get hardly a peep of confirmation was laughable as hell

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 29 2013, 06:43 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 29 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #143

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 29 2013, 07:40 PM) *
almost. quote (Daprofesor)

LMAO.. Professor you got to enlighten me on that no way in hell was Judah near getting a stoppage.. LOL and to hear him beg the crowd for hope when he said he he was fighting on, yet get hardly a peep of confirmation was laughable as hell

no..but he did turn that fight around in the 10th. that was some good shit from judah. i was impressed. the crowd sounded weak to his response.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 30 2013, 09:51 AM
Post #144

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 29 2013, 07:45 PM) *
no..but he did turn that fight around in the 10th. that was some good shit from judah. i was impressed. the crowd sounded weak to his response.

Probably because his sentence wasn't the most eloquently put lmao. I don't know how one simple sentence could have been more fucked up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 30 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #145

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 30 2013, 10:51 AM) *
Probably because his sentence wasn't the most eloquently put lmao. I don't know how one simple sentence could have been more fucked up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

"hey brooklyn! y'all saw it... should i not quit? or should i not not quit?" response...."uuuummm...what the hell did he just say... yeah!!!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 30 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #146

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 29 2013, 07:35 PM) *
i have to say...u are getting really good at calling the fights before they happen. good shit.

i think danny showed some good stuff with that right hand. he has depth...more than ppl are willing to give him credit for. zab came super determined and i think that had everything to do with the shit that angel talked. the old zab wouldn't have finished this fight. angel lit a fire under zab. he should thank him for that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i can't wait to see danny fight the winner for matthysse/peterson. it's going to be really interesting. that fight isn't going to be easy for either guy.

I do what I can, when I can. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I cant say that I wasn't impressed with, especially late in the fight. At first, I just saw the typical Judah. As much as I cant stand Oscar's verbal nonsense, he was right when he said that Brooklyn was keeping Zab in the fight. So true.

Danny's post-fight response stated that he believes Peterson will win. I believe that he "hopes" Peterson will win...not because he's trying to duck Lucas, but because a Peterson fight in D.C. will be more marketable. Remember, Khan made the mistake of not beating Peterson in D.C., which killed his chances to land a Mayweather fight.

I'm not sure if Danny makes that mistake, if he meets Peterson. In fact, that will be a BIG fight because Lamont will be high off of a Matthysse win, and Danny will simply be dealing with the pressure of keeping his titles. IF he beats Lamont in D.C., then a Mayweather fight will be in play quickly...whether its in May or Sept. 2014....Canelo can wait for either of these dates.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #147

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 1 2013, 12:19 AM) *
I do what I can, when I can. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I cant say that I wasn't impressed with, especially late in the fight. At first, I just saw the typical Judah. As much as I cant stand Oscar's verbal nonsense, he was right when he said that Brooklyn was keeping Zab in the fight. So true.

Danny's post-fight response stated that he believes Peterson will win. I believe that he "hopes" Peterson will win...not because he's trying to duck Lucas, but because a Peterson fight in D.C. will be more marketable. Remember, Khan made the mistake of not beating Peterson in D.C., which killed his chances to land a Mayweather fight.

I'm not sure if Danny makes that mistake, if he meets Peterson. In fact, that will be a BIG fight because Lamont will be high off of a Matthysse win, and Danny will simply be dealing with the pressure of keeping his titles. IF he beats Lamont in D.C., then a Mayweather fight will be in play quickly...whether its in May or Sept. 2014....Canelo can wait for either of these dates.

i'm going to go on record and state that i believe danny garcia is going to beat either peterson or matthysse. i don't think the fight needs to happen in d.c. against peterson. he should make sure he doesn't fight matthysse in cali if he wins. i believe matthysse is going to win against peterson.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #148

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2013, 03:53 PM) *
i'm going to go on record and state that i believe danny garcia is going to beat either peterson or matthysse. i don't think the fight needs to happen in d.c. against peterson. he should make sure he doesn't fight matthysse in cali if he wins. i believe matthysse is going to win against peterson.

I think it needs to happen in D.C., besides, it's a big interesting "non Vegas" venue right about now. Danny will have Philly fans within distance, and Peterson will have his fans...if he happens to get past Matthysse.

I agree, Danny could more than likely beat Peterson and Matthysse, but it looks kinda shabby for Peterson when it comes to beating Matthysse.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 1 2013, 05:31 PM
Post #149

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

This may sound stupid, but if Bradley could put Peterson down, why shouldn't Lucas who according to Judah is the hardest punching 140lber.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #150

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 1 2013, 04:45 PM) *
I think it needs to happen in D.C., besides, it's a big interesting "non Vegas" venue right about now. Danny will have Philly fans within distance, and Peterson will have his fans...if he happens to get past Matthysse.

I agree, Danny could more than likely beat Peterson and Matthysse, but it looks kinda shabby for Peterson when it comes to beating Matthysse.

danny will be the A side to any fight involving peterson or matthysse. i can't see him fighting in either guys back yard. i doubt haymon allows it.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 09:27 PM