IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@8:30PM(ET)/5:30(PT) Martinez/Murray & Arreola/Stiverne-SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of Showtime Card
Cshel86
post Apr 29 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #81

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 29 2013, 09:06 AM) *
Also, one minor thing of note. I thought Andre Ward topped Paulie Malinaggi with an uncharacteristically bad commentary performance. Not that he was terrible, but he was CLEARLY biased for Chris Arreola. I'm guessing they have some type of Cali connection. Not saying he didn't give Stiverne his props but he seemed very reluctant. It was almost like he was willing Arreola with his words. Arreola was a brutal mess and only had really 2 stints of anything worth mentioning after the knockdown. I think Paulie and Andre could be EXCELLENT commentators once their boxing careers are done. I was just a tad bit disappointed with their commentary this weekend.

Did anyone else watch the very end where Stiverne was doing an interview and Don King got into that argument then fell off the stairs? lmaoooooo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Speaking of Ward's commentary...was I the only one that felt his RJJ drift? I felt like Roy was there calling the fight, judging by all of the "Ohhhhhh"s and "He's hurt guys, he's hurt!" talk. It was funny, and it seemed like Ward was on point Saturday. He's usually more mellow, but he seemed to step outside the box more.

I agree that he was a bit biased for Chris, and yes, they all came up on the same Cali boxing scene...Ward, Donaire, Arreola, Guerrero, Bradley, etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 29 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #82

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 29 2013, 07:59 AM) *
Did anyone else know about that argie rule regarding the accidental headbutts with the wbc???

Another rule overturned by the Association of Boxing Commissions. If left unwaived by the commission in which the WBC Title Fight takes place, if a boxer suffers an unintentional headbutt due to a clash of heads that produces a cut, the uncut fighter loses a point because it puts the injured fighter at a disadvantage. The theory is by taking the point off the uninjured fighter, it is supposed to neutralize the disadvantage of the fighter cut from a head clash.

Head-butts that are accidental producing cuts on or above the hairline do not incur a point deduction. If both fighters get unintentional headbutt cuts, from the same head clash, there is also no point deduction.

Intentional headbutts can result in a two point penalty up to and including a disqualification at the ref's discretion.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 29 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #83

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Seems like Martinez won't be back this year, while I want to see him, he probably needs to take as long as he needs to recover but if he does that ring rust will set in

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 29 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #84

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

martinez got a gift. murray is solid. arreolla should have trained for that fight. he looked like shit.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 08:12 AM