Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Chicago visit: What to see?
Amandla
post Apr 28 2013, 02:33 AM
Post #1

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,750

Okay I'm heading to Chicago in November to see the Packers beat the Bears. Never been to Chicago before. I was wondering if any locals..(I see a forum member is from Chicago) could give me a heads up on good places to go visit, have a good time and just places to go see.

I've got a decent budget but just gimme some ideas of cool stuff to do in Chicago cos I'm running out of ideas.

What are the good blues clubs? (I fancy seeing some good stuff)

What are the good places for local food? (I fancy something meaty but suggest away)

Any interesting sights to go and see that won't be TOO touristy but maybe a little bit...something boxing related would be good.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
daprofessor
post May 22 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

green bay beat the bears?

i'll give u some good places to visit. start off in englewood on the south side. then check out 18th st....from there u might want to go to K town (westside) and just roam around. be sure to wear any combination of the following colors to be received well....black and gold, black and blue, black and red. wear a baseball cap banked to the left or right.

let me know how that works out for you.

pizza: giordano's, lou malnattis or geno's.

blues clubs: kingston mines, buddy guy's

boxing related: any of the gyms....jabb, body shot boxing club, garfield park boxing club....

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 29 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 22 2013, 03:34 PM) *
green bay beat the bears?

i'll give u some good places to visit. start off in englewood on the south side. then check out 18th st....from there u might want to go to K town (westside) and just roam around. be sure to wear any combination of the following colors to be received well....black and gold, black and blue, black and red. wear a baseball cap banked to the left or right.

let me know how that works out for you.

pizza: giordano's, lou malnattis or geno's.

blues clubs: kingston mines, buddy guy's

boxing related: any of the gyms....jabb, body shot boxing club, garfield park boxing club....

Translation: You've been warned.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 3 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 29 2013, 01:45 PM) *
Translation: You've been warned.

seriously though...don't leave the city without trying out one of the pizza joints i mentioned. to maximize your trip...go during taste of chicago. u can hit all the best restaurants at once right on the lake front where there will be no shortage of fine females....plenty of drink....and good times to be had by all!!! really a great time to visit.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Jun 20 2013, 05:03 AM
Post #5

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 3 2013, 10:56 PM) *

seriously though...don't leave the city without trying out one of the pizza joints i mentioned. to maximize your trip...go during taste of chicago. u can hit all the best restaurants at once right on the lake front where there will be no shortage of fine females....plenty of drink....and good times to be had by all!!! really a great time to visit.

tanks professor! getting all that in my diary

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 12:33 AM